Gangnam Style Confirmed for Just Dance 4

Posted by Martin Watts

Ubisoft seems Psy-ched

Ubisoft announced earlier today that Gangnam Style, the number one hit song by South Korean rapper Psy, will soon be available as downloadable content for Just Dance 4.

Having attracted more than 490 million views since it first appeared on YouTube in July, Gangnam Style has become one of the most viewed videos on the internet, as well as reaching number one in the UK Singles Chart.

“Gangnam Style and Just Dance 4, I can’t wait to see all the YouTube videos”, said Psy, presumably while bathing in coins and rubbing dollar bills all over his face.

“We’re dedicated to bringing Just Dance fans access to the music and musicians they love,” said Geoffroy Sardin, Chief Marketing & Sales Officer, Ubisoft EMEA. “Our fans were really vocal about wanting Gangnam Style in Just Dance 4 and we listened. This marks the first of many hot upcoming DLC tracks for Just Dance 4.”

Gangnam Style will be available to download in November 2012. Ubisoft has stated that an official release date and pricing details will be confirmed closer to the availability of the DLC.

If this news has suddenly piqued your interest in the game, you should check out our Just Dance 4 review.

Related Games

BenAV

BenAV said:

Sorry Ubisoft... I've never bought a Just Dance game and I'm not planning to start now.
If you want lots of my money, continue to make other quality Wii U titles like you seem to be at the moment.

Aviator

Aviator said:

If you had played a Just Dance game you would know that they are quality.

BenAV

BenAV said:

@Aviator I guess my last comment made it look like I was bashing the series.
I'm sure they're very fun dance games, hence why they sell so well (every time I see someone purchase a Wii at EB the very first game they buy is Just Dance), but it's really just not my type of thing. :P

MAB

MAB said:

Still waiting for that Michael Crawford banger that was coming up in this bearrrch!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

If they offer customizable backrounds so I could make it like a Gangnam-Style parody, I'd actually be pretty psyched for this, too.

@A-Hungry-Banker I'd love to see an American with no knowledge of Korean try to singstar that song. :P

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

When I saw that video for the first time, my reaction was this should be in just dance 4. My brother and gf though I lost my mind.

Who crazy now? Still me dancing to this on my future Wii U mwhaha.

Savino

Savino said:

You should use THIS, Ubisoft!

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

this would be much cooler if it was for dance central for the kinect...
Just because no one would be able to pull off the elevator part in 2 player

KAHN

KAHN said:

that's bullcrap. no one can even understand %90 of what he's saying, and even then, the "oppa gangnam style" is misheard online into something else "gandalf style" "open condom store", and multiple others. the only part in english in the song is "hey, sexy lady" and even then, it's hard to catch because everything else is in korean.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Eh. Even though Just Dance is a great title, I would rather spend my money on other Wii U games this season.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

The Just Dance series just gained 100 awesome points!

Current Just Dance awesome point count: -9999900

florecita

florecita said:

I dont know what's the big deal with this song if it sounds just like everything else out there, yeah except that is in Korea but its catered to the same people. whatever, this song is really annoying. But i cannot beleive this got 490 million views. I wonder how many of those views are actual fans and how many are just seeing this out of the hype it is getting. the sad thing is that it is probably the former one

rayword45

rayword45 said:

@Aviator I've played Just Dance, along with loads of other music games. Rhythm video games are my thing pretty much.

And I can safely tell you that Just Dance is one of the WORST music games I've had the misfortune to play, ranking alongside Power Gig: Rise of the SixString and Dance Factory (and perhaps GH Arcade, but that's only due to the scammery) as "dismal failure".

TechnoEA

TechnoEA said:

Leave it to the media to beat a song into the ground. I never cared much for the song, but hey go nuts.

kobe1724

kobe1724 said:

just out of curiousity, how did this music video become so popular? it's silly, really.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

@Jon_Talbain

I believe that was the joke.

As for JD4, I'm excited. I haven't played Just Dance since 2 (never played 1), so here's hoping 4 is as magical, lol.

Grodus

Grodus said:

I wasn't planning on buying this, but I'm guessing this will be the #1 played song. Not that I really like it, I only saw Super Mario style because of the article, and I haven't seen the original.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK So? You don't have to understand a song to enjoy it, you might just like how it sounds. I listen to Jpop and Jrock and while I see the translated lyrics for a lot of them, I don't for all of them but that doesn't stop me from enjoying those songs.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@FonistofCruxis Exactly sometimes the thrill you get out of it is the fact that it's something different and from another culture, that's why I enjoy Jpop (that and the ladies singing and dancing :D) some people may like this, I personally don't, but some might

LittleKing

LittleKing said:

@FonistofCruxis The fact that you can get 500,000,000 people to listen to a song, most of which probably don't even understand what the hell is being said, just because they 'like the sound', is somewhat ludicrous. Remove the lyrics and what do you have? A very generic song. One I've heard a thousand like. There's really not much to it. It's not one of those songs that awes me, or does anything so amazing it deserves 500kk views. When I listen to music in a language I don't understand, I always look up translated lyrics. If the lyrics are crap/stupid, I find it hard to enjoy the song. Yeah, maybe it's got a good beat, but if they're screaming "DONKEY, TURKEY, HAMBURGER BLITZ!" in the background...

It's like memes. IMO, it's not even because people love the music so much. It's some quality they like, and it goes viral.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Metabble_King I can see what you mean, there are some Japanese songs I don't like because of how stupid the lyrics are and as I said I look at the lyrics for most of the Japanese songs I listen to but the ones that I don't, aren't generic. As for Gangnam style, I think part of the appeal is the music video, that's probably partly why its got so many views.

OnionOverlord

OnionOverlord said:

@florecita

Thank God there's someone else out there who's sick of this whole "Gangnam Style" craze. It's getting to the point where I can't even browse NIntendolife without being assaulted with this stupid song. I'm not going to say anything bad about the Just Dance series as I don't play it, haven't played it, and am not going to play it. But I am really getting tired of this Gangnam Style nonsense. It's just another trend that will die out as soon as people get tired of it.

What's next, a game that involves "Planking"? Bah.

LittleKing

LittleKing said:

@FonistofCruxis I agree there. The video seems to have helped a lot. It adds some appeal to an otherwise somewhat generic song. Plus, the OP, OP, OP... OPPA GANGNAM STYLE sounds kind of funny. It's like every time he says that, 1000 people burst out laughing. It's a new meme...

mizumaru

mizumaru said:

Personally, I think Seo-ii was good for Hall-yu(Korean Wave). The simple fact that there is even a song on he radio in full on Korean is nice. I will say this though, he may have made it hard for other artists to try and break out in America. Take Tiger JK for example, http://www.soompi.com/2012/09/25/tiger-jk-goes-on-racist-rant-due-to-gangnam-style-heckling-at-the-creators-project/ I would say that Ggang-nam style's popularity really dose just lie with the dance, and video. I hope we get some dramas in America now. HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL-YYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUU!

leon_x

leon_x said:

Just dance have a few great songs to play. But the majority of the choreography are for girls.