This Super Metroid Cover Will Blow Your Mind

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rock me, Ridley

Given that video game music is held in such high regard by players, it's perhaps not surprising that there are literally hundreds of tributes floating around the net right now. However, few can match the awesomeness of this effort by On Being Human.

The band - which is made up of film, television and video game composers - posted footage online of them recording one of the most rocking covers of the Super Metroid theme that we've ever heard.

You can download the song from here, but in the meantime, check out in the video below and prepare your eardrums for a truly epic aural assault.

Late

Late said:

I liked it. I also just discovered FamilyJules7X who has done some amazing guitar covers. Be sure to check out his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FamilyJules7X?feature=watch
Just noticed that his newest video is also a Super Metroid cover and it looks like it's even better than the one in these news. Has many great Super Metroid covers in one video.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

DAMMMMMMMMM that soundtrack is rocking and to me Super Metroid is excellent through-out but Metroid Prime has the best music of any game ive ever played so clever and atmospheric i still haven't heard anything better..

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

I wasn't expecting much usually these covers are a bit of a let down but this one is really good.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

LOVE!!! :) I just recently, like in the past week saw RUMORS!! that the new game that Retro Studios is working on, is Metroid Prime 4. This was from multiple sources, not just one, so hopefully it holds true. When I heard at this past E3 that they were working on another Nintendo titled, but it just wasn't named, this was easily the game I wanted most from them!!

pixelman

pixelman said:

Not a fan of these heavy metal guitar covers, but some of the ambient stuff was really cool.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

Not bad. My roommate said it sucked so I killed him. I still have trouble respecting opposing opinions.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Well, On Being Human has a really good playstyle, but this one has some trouble picking up its own pace.
I prefer Stemage (or simply Metroidmetal) over this any time.