This New 3DS Stylus Is Handy for Massaging Your Face

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Could be relaxing after a tough level

Sometimes 3DS accessories are useless pieces of plastic tat, but occasionally they're practical and stylish. We doubt this one qualifies for the latter description, but you can decide for yourself: behold, The Germa Roller Touch Pen.

We think the picture says it all, but here are some details. The face roller on the end of the stylus uses germanium, and like most beauty products with a silly name it's supposed to have healing abilities that give you smoother, more beautiful skin. These rollers are apparently quite common in Japan, but new breakthroughs in science — or a marketing bright-spark — have made it possible to combine this concept with a stylus.

So, if you're concerned about your skin while playing a game this could be the answer, and the advert suggests it'll make you better at identifying natural objects, too. If you do live in Japan you can pick up a grey, black, or pink model for just ¥1,480, which is a little under $20.

[via kotaku.com]

Grodus

Grodus said:

Wooooowww.... That's, well... just don't use it in front of your freinds.

Edit: @WingedFish Man, they need a like button here.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

Actually this is to go along with another Japan exclusive...

The new 3DS Plush. Now you can use your 3DS as a game system, a snuggle tool, and a pillow. It's three objects in one!

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

@MrWalkieTalkie "Just when kids at school thought I was weird enough wait til they see this! Just kidding XD"

Bahaha, I can just imagine someone sitting in class thoughtfully massaging their face! xD

Hokori

Hokori said:

When people at school used to call my love for Japan weird I thought of it as more of a complement because I just love Japan and no one will change how I feel

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Ulala Because Japan's awesome! Maybe its because I'm so used to japans quote on quote weirdness, that its not weird to me, seriously I find Rayman and angry birds to be weird (seriously green pigs)

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

But, does it take care of pimples & blackheads is what I wanna know. :p I also want it to enable switching faces, al a "Face/Off!" ;)

Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku said:

Does it have the power to grant wishes?! Does it have a turn-it-into-chocolate ray?!
Does it have the power to answer my questions?!

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Actually, facial roller massagers seem to be pretty popular in Japan.

They even sell them in Daiso stores here in Mexico.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

I'm just going to file this thing under "worthless crap that no one should buy".

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Only in Japan. :)

Although, I remember seeing something about vending machines that dispense meat pies right here in Australia. Perhaps Australia is turning Japanese? Do you really think so?

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

All they need to do now is cram a couple button batteries and a little buzzing motor inside of it! :*

Yanchamaru

Yanchamaru said:

Germanium is a serious health hazard that can cause liver failure, anemia, nerve damage, skin rash and muscle weakness. Avoid this product at all costs!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

what i find weird is how i was switching channels the other day and ended up in a asian channel with a commercial on a similar product as this one O_o except that one had a motor in it and it turned and massaged....weird eh?

Samholy

Samholy said:

oh yeah baby touch my pen...is that even a good product name ? i mean...really ?

jer18

jer18 said:

I thought this was going to do something else.. Relieved I suppose..

Phle

Phle said:

I am worried about my skin, it could definitely be a bit smoother and more beautiful, I mean who couldn't use a little skin enchant?!