SpeedX 3D Races Onto eShop on 9th August

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

PAL regions only for now

Gamelion Studios, the developer behind plenty of Nintendo download titles including the Carmen Sandiego series, has confirmed that SpeedX 3D will hit the 3DS eShop in PAL regions on 9th August. It's the developer's first title on the handheld and will come in at the budget price of £2.70/€3, though it doesn't yet have a release date for North America.

SpeedX 3D has previously been released on the Google Android platform, with Gamelion stating that it's been downloaded over 15 million times. That's certainly an impressive figure, but we'll see next week whether this one's worth checking out on the eShop; below is a trailer to show what it's all about.

Squashie

Squashie said:

Looks quite nice for a cheap title! Might try out the Android version before I pick this one up.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

15 million on Android, huh? =O

I'd hate to think just how comparatively few the 3DS version will sell in the 3DS' lifespan.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Interesting. At the very least, it looks like a good tech demo, especially for how cheap it is. It looks like it could be very entrancing and might provide for an exciting experience with the 3D.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Do the warning messages really stay for such a short amount of time? there was a message that appeared on the top screen for like a second.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'm sure the game is more fun to play than it is to watch.

Reminds me a bit of a really old game titled Star Goose.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

This look's stupid no wonder it's being sold so cheap. It look's like part of the music app already on the 3ds. Not worth 2 or 3 dollar's for that. (> _ <)

Darn to until I saw the screen shot's I was thinking this was going to be a racing game with car's not a music app. (> _ <)

Happy Gaming! (^ _ ^)

rayword45

rayword45 said:

That's pretty sexy-looking and stuff, but I dunno about the gameplay. Perhaps I'm covered with AiRace: Tunnel.

Ah well, wait for the review.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

This game doesn't look all that fantastic... I'll wait for some reviews before I throw away £2.70...

Henmii

Henmii said:

SpeedX? More like SlowX! I guess they have never played F-Zero GX! Or a good Sonic!

Fabian

Fabian said:

Finally after over one year thats the first exclusive Eshop title for Europe.I hope this one never sees the light of day in NA because it would be kind of unfair to relase all Games from the European Eshop in NA while Europe misses so many like all the Nikoli Games,Sakura Samurai,ARC Style Football just to name a few. I know that Europe gots this Mario and Sonic App but it´s not a Game.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@Fabian sorry to rain on your parade,but the publisher releases their all their games to both regions,ussually a few weeks difference,so we in NA should get it sometime this month.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

Game looks ok, seems to be some pop up and a tad slow but I'm sure it'll be more intense than it looks

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

@Henmii Seriously! That game looks like it is running at 10fps. And yes, F-Zero GX is still the best futuristic racer ever made. Nintendo needs to round up some of that old Amusement Vision staff (who also made the equally kick-butt SMB2 on the same speedy game engine) for an F-Zero WiiU sequel.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

@Brick
Look at it this way. The country that gets the games first are considered the crash test dummies, that way we have a more refined version.

What really pisses me off is that some games never come over here.