Professor Layton Wii U Would be Interesting, Says Hino

Posted by James Newton

It sure would

Level-5 top dog Akihiro Hino has told Famitsu (via Andriasang) a 3D Professor Layton game on Wii U would be 'interesting'.

So far the popular puzzle series has only appeared on portable formats, but with the Wii U's touch screen GamePad and wealth of inputs it might be able to do the tricky teasers justice. Hino says a game where you walk around a 3D version of London would be interesting; another word might be "awesome".

Of course as we're still waiting for Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle — released in Japan in 2011 — don't go holding your breath for a Wii U Luke and Layton adventure.

[via andriasang.com]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

He's sort of discussing the possibilities only, no confirmation yet. But thta would be awesome. Its a game that sells bucket loads so they should give it a shot on the Wii U.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

"the Wii U's touch screen GamePad and wealth of inputs it might be able to do the tricky teasers justice"

I could read James' typing all day.....

luminalace

luminalace said:

I wouldn't hold my breath! The Wii was a huge success yet they never tried making a Wii version, however maybe the Wii U touch screen will give them impetus!

accc

accc said:

Know what would be really interesting? A US release of the Professor Layton game for the 3DS which already exists!

belmont

belmont said:

Wasn't mask of miracle confirmed for EU release?
I remember an advertisement e-mail back in the day when Layton 4 came out that stated "Layton adventures will continue on 2012 exclusively on the 3DS" or something like that...

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Would be very VERY interesting. I never cared for the portable entries, a home console title with clever puzzles would be great for me.

akabenjy

akabenjy said:

Yeah that would be awesome I am a huge Layton fan. But don't forget Fantasy Life for 3DS (Brownie Brown/Level 5). I was hoping e3 would offer some new information on this title and perhaps a confirmed Western release but alas that wasn't the case:(

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

So E3 passes and no mention of Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle? How much longer do we have to wait? You would figure with Level 5 even trademarking the title a few days before E3 that Nintendo or Level 5 would have said something.

rjejr

rjejr said:

While I'ld rather see a new 3D style Mario I'll still buy the new 2D one eventually.

Oh wait, this isn't another NSMB Wii U thread? ;-)

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

I'd love to see a Wii U Professor Layton, but first the 3DS one would be nice.

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

no i dont want that. pl should stay on the 3ds. i mean the main titles. and i want a third tripple of the series where the story continues after the third game. what happens to luke and his elder fake copy. i wanna know it.^^

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

they should release both layton and layton vs phoenix wright games first off for the 3DS before releasing one for the wii U.

but yes, definitely i'd love to see a version for the wii U.

RoboConker

RoboConker said:

@paul6891 Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle on the 3DS, it only has been released in Japan, but i think is coming to EU in august, i dont know about NA.

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

This sounds awesome even though I'm not planning to buy a Wii U. Obviously from my signature, I'm a huge Professor Layton fan. I hope however that PL and the Miracle Mask and PL vs. Ace Attorney comes out on the 3DS first. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

"After all, patience is a virtue."
Descole---Professor Layton and the Last Specter

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I have only beaten the first one so I have a huge Layton backlog, hence I don't have any rush on getting this or the 3DS one, but I will get them on time.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, that would be cool! But they could also try a real point and click adventure for once! The Layton games are great, but I guess the cool characters and mood could also work fine in a real point and click adventure. Think about it!