Gon Paku Paku Paku Paku Adventure Announced for 3DS in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Now that's a video game name

We often look at Nintendo console game releases in Japan with some envy, particularly when no localisation details are forthcoming. Titles such as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy are missed because they're part of a major, popular franchise, but in the case of Gon Paku Paku Paku Paku Adventure, we just really like the name.

As reported by Andriasang, it's only just been announced by Namco Bandai for a Japanese release on 14th June, with the main goal being to help the main character to eat, explore and sleep.

We may not know much much about the game yet, but its title and advertisement art certainly grabbed our attention.

[via andriasang.com]

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

Gon Paku Paku Paku Paku Adventure... Not enough "Pakus" :P
I wonder what this game will look like

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Paku Paku means to munch on something. Kinda looks like what the lizard is doing to that apple. Lesson time over!

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

And wait for the sequel:
Gon Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Paku Adventure 2

Skotski

Skotski said:

It has been forever since I've seen Gon!
Brings back memories... and that weird manga I bought with him in it...

Samholy

Samholy said:

Gon ! one of the funniest and most original comic character ive seen. adorable.
i liked him in tekken, i hope to see this title here.

i wouldnt bet on it, but if it ever comes here, i would be willing to get it.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

"help the main character to eat, explore and sleep" reminds me of Minecraft, though I'm sure they're nothing alike.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

What? Gon! I remember you! Anyone else play Tekken back in the day? hahahaha

Man I still really hate Nintendo for region locking the 3DS.

Karakato

Karakato said:

Hey! I remember that guy from Tekken 3, no wonder he looks familiar... As for the game, sure If this game comes stateside, I'll bite since its giving me vibes from a similar Namco Platformer, Wagan Land. Oh region lock, why must you be so cruel?
Explore, Eat, Sleep... Sounds just about right.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Oh my God, I love GON so much! I gotta put some videos of the SNES version in my youtube account. I strongly suggest you check out the manga if you're not familar with GON, it's hilarious.

HaNks

HaNks said:

anyone play the munchables on wii? great game there and looks like some munching going down here as well.

KoiTenchi

KoiTenchi said:

I also remember Gon from Tekken 2 back in the day! Glad to hear i'm not the only one.

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

Also, in the title there, those パク (paku) look more like バク (baku) to me. Two dots next to the ハ instead of the circle means a B rather than a P... (though I don't know whether to see those dinosaur footsteps as dots or not, there certainly are two of them).
According to the Japanese dictionary, "pakupaku" is the motion of a mouth flapping open and closing (ie, a chomping dinosaur... or a Pac-man), while "bakubaku" is a heart-thumping sound.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@EarthboundBenjy: You're right — the official website itself uses 'ba' instead of 'pa' in the header text. however, it seems Andriasang.com has translated it as 'paku'. count me confused as well :3

HaNks

HaNks said:

oh its gon!!! i used to use this lil guy in tekken 3 all the time, was a great character actually. i wonder if he farts in this too.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I remember Gon being extremely annoying to fight in Tekken 3 because it was so short. I have also tried a japanese snes game he stars in, that game made no sense to me, though I suppose it wasn't supposed to.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

Gon's one of the best characters in Tekken 3 (home console version only, for I don't think he appeared in the arcade version) :)

hamispink

hamispink said:

where are your boxing gloves little guy?
I loved fighting as him in tekken 3 (and paul and true ogre)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Ha it's great seeing Gon again. I do enjoy playing his original game on the Super Famicom and his guest appearance in Tekken 3.