Capcom Open to More 3DS Resident Evils

Posted by James Newton

Might take a while, though

After Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and Resident Evil Revelations both hit 3DS within the machine's first year on sale, Capcom's keen to keep the survival horror series juggernaut going on 3DS. Series producer Masachika Kawata spoke to IGN about the possibility of more 3D entries in the franchise, and signs are looking good.

Kawata said:

The incredibly positive fan reaction to Revelations has definitely given me motivation to make another 3DS RE title. I have some ideas in mind. However, I have a lot of other projects that need to be taken care of first.

Maybe Capcom might slow production down to just one Resident Evil 3DS game a year. Considering how well the company's latest effort fared in our Resident Evil Revelations review, a year might be too long to wait.

[via uk.ds.ign.com]

Related Games

Csabo001

Csabo001 said:

Yes Capcom keep 'em coming. But I think don't rush things, quality first not quantity. :)

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

I enjoy both 3DS titles for different reasons and would welcome a sequel to either of them. If they do decide to make a Mercs sequel though it would have to be something really special... Raccoon City perhaps and Zombies ;) and a PVP option.
...as far as a traditional Resi title, some earlier titles could be good REmade but to the standard of the Gamecube remake of the original rather than just "visually enhanced" like the recent remakes.

...part of the Darkside chronicles I liked was the "operation Javier" sections, I wouldnt mind playing a traditional version of that instead of on-the- rails.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

As long as it's not just a case of "more of the the same old every year" i can't wait. But that shouldn't be too hard for the next one. Just the inclusion of normal zombies or even whatever these freaks in RE4 were in the framework that Revelaitons lays content-wise would sell me i suppose.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

resident evil is a very good series, but capcom seems to be milking it a bit too much and as much as streetfighter. if only they would release a new I.P or megaman, rival schools, darkstalkers or final fight game.

hydeks

hydeks said:

just bought Resident Evil Revelations with the circle pad pro and I have to say I'm a huge fan of both, especially the circle pad, it's WAY confortable, especially compared to what u think from pictures.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Doubt that Capcom will ever read this, but I hope they do bring more RE love to the 3DS. Revelations was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years, despite a few (minor) rough spots. Brilliant and engrossing, and the Raid Mode post-game content has already stolen about a dozen extra hours from me. Hats off to Capcom for providing the first "must have" game in my opinion.

Son

Son said:

I love you Capcom! and I love Resident Evil Series! and I also love Nintendo 3DS! So please creators of RE, make another RE game for 3DS! and make Barry Burton/ Hunk/ Billy Coen the lead character. This good news make me love my 3DS more! Hooray for Nintendo!

Son

Son said:

Port of Resident Evil Zero (GameCube) would be nice. Also creators of RE should bring back the zombies (I miss blowing up their head using a shotgun or magnum).

Yosher

Yosher said:

I'll be happy even if it's ''just'' another Mercenaries game. They better improve on the first game in that case tho.

HouseofBees

HouseofBees said:

Or, Capcom could commit to some console Resis for Nintendo, like they're doing with other consoles. Just a thought.

A remake of Resident Evil 0 sounds good. As does bringing back zombies actually.

Buob

Buob said:

Here's one reason why a new Resident Evil should come every year: Activision does that with the Call of Duty franchise, and used to do it with the Guitar Hero franchise and spin-offs. In other words, it would make the entire Resident Evil franchise a money grab. Games that take a few years between the core games, such as Mario, Zelda, Elder Scrolls, and I'm sure Battlefield falls under this category, are great; simply because they aren't for money grabs.

I'm not saying that Capcom will become money grabbers if they make a new RE every year, but it's sure possible, and it could really damage both the game and the company.

I, for one, see annual games as a money grab, so I would start losing respect for Capcom as a company if they started making the RE franchise a new-every-year thing. This may seem harsh, but I don't see how much quality can be put into a game that took less than a year to make. [/opinion]

Chobi

Chobi said:

It would be cool to see some more resident evil titles on the 3DS.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Screw that, bring Megaman Legends 3 back! The 3DS is successful, there is no risk! Let Keiji Inafune on the team as a joint project like Sakurai for Smash!

Karakato

Karakato said:

@WaveBoy Gone the same way as Dark Stalkers... to it's eternal grave :(

Anyway I am open to more RE goodness, just rerelease REmake and make REmake 2 and I will buy every Capcom title released on all current Nintendo consoles. You have my word for it.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

As long as it is more similar to Revelations than to Mercs 3D, I am good for it.

Revelations was a sign of Capcom really working for their money, making the most of the console and releasing a high quality product with plenty of extras. I hope that it sells a lot more than Mercs so Capcom gets the right message from us.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Great news, I look forward to Resident Evil: Revelations 2 following the events between RE 5 and 6.

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

@Gamer83 Hey, that sounds good. Yes, if the story is tied as neatly as Revelations, w/ solid gameplay, etc. then yes. No spoilers, I hate having the end spoiled, and Revelations has a sweet ending.

Grackler

Grackler said:

Like many other here, loved Revelations to bits and I'm still playing it. Here's hoping sales keep going up, because not only would I like more, but I'd like to send a message that this kind of high-quality 3rd-party content is A Good Thing(tm)!

Son

Son said:

Another RE game for 3DS sounds good but I just thought that there isn't much of RPG/JRPG games available for 3DS. So this should be a nice suggestion for Capcom... make an "Breath of Fire" game for 3DS! of remake of B.o.F III simply making it "Breath of Fire 3D" :P