Posting Luigi's Mansion 2 Screenshots Makes Us Feel Good

Posted by James Newton

Catchy.

Everyone's second (or third or fourth) plumber is coming back to 3DS, with Luigi's Mansion 2, a tentative name.

The original Luigi's Mansion was originally intended to show off the Gamecube's 3D ability, but its hidden dimensions never made it to retail, but Nintendo's never one to let an idea go to waste.

The first screenshots are below and show off Luigi's truly heroic nature.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

From the day the Nintendo 3DS was announced, I knew that Nintendo would make a Luigi's Mansion 2. When Hideki Konno was in that Nintendo Power interview last E3, he pretty much said that it was a possibility, and now it's a reality. There is a lot of potential for this game, and I knew that the sensation of sucking ghosts into your vaccum would make some really good 3D effects. What got me a little surprised, though, was when Reggie said that there will be not one but multiple mansions for Luigi to explore, so it could be like a world map. I’m so happy that my dream came true!

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

This was the most exciting E3 announcement for me. I literally screamed when this came up.

JettiBlue

JettiBlue said:

Wohoo! SOOO nice to see a sequel to this one! Several sequels might mean the mansion from the first game, maybe as a bonus upon completing the game. Cant wait!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Awesome! This game has very different ghosts compared to the first one. Maybe every mansion has it's own ghosts? Very nice that Nintendo is making a sequel to Luigi's mansion!

ianmage1

ianmage1 said:

This was one of those games that I wanted to see at E3, but doubted to happen. Nintendo really surprised me with this game and Super Smash Brothers for BOTH the 3DS and Wii U!!!

NGpenguin

NGpenguin said:

Ive been waiting for this ever since i got the first one. :3
My dreams finaly coming true! XD

phoenix1818

phoenix1818 said:

I never understood why no one liked the Gamceube game, but I've been waiting for a sequel for a long time. Guess it's time to get a 3DS!

CJ_Vick

CJ_Vick said:

It's never going to happen, but if they put the Ghostbusters theme in this, this would be the greatest game ever.

Chris77

Chris77 said:

@CJ_Vick I loved the music in the first one, but I can totally imagine Luigi walking round the house whistling the ghostbusters theme.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I'm just hoping that Nintendo can keep the semi-creepy atmosphere that went along with the first game. If they can do that, I'm already sold.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Has everyone downloaded the 3D trailer of this game from the eShop? No surprise that Luigi's Mansion was one of the games that Nintendo used to experiment with 3D before even the Gamecube came out: it looks amazing. :O My favorite part is at the end where the flashlight is pointing right at you. This is gonna be great. :)

Punny

Punny said:

I've wanted a Luigi's Mansion 2 for years and now it's here, ten years after the release of the first (well, almost). Best of all, Luigi doesn't have that clenched teeth expression that makes him look like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit. Cannot wait.

Mr_Video

Mr_Video said:

It's about time! The original Luigi's Mansion was great but short, hopefully this will have more than 3-4 hours of gameplay.

realar

realar said:

Bustin' with the brother makes me feel good!
Luigi Mario the 6th ghostbuster.

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

I've always felt like a traitor as I like Luigi more than Mario but never bought Luigi's Mansion. Now I'm going to try buying it to prep up for the sequel. Should be an amazing game.