Here's a Pokemon Black & White Video Chat Video For You

Posted by James Newton

And another mysterious beast revealed

A few weeks ago we brought you news that video chat could be coming to Pokémon Black & White for DSi and 3DS owners. Now the feature's been confirmed, with its television debut on the Pokémon Sunday show, and it seems you can even draw on your friends' faces using the touchscreen for some on-the-fly facial graffiti.

With four-player video chat over WiFi as well as local wireless included for 3DS and DSi owners, Pokémon fans with non-camera machines might be feeling a bit put-out, so here's a picture of Victini, the newest legendary Pokémon, to soothe the pain. A Phantom Pokémon, it occupies number 000 in the Isshu Pokédex and will be made available by downloading a Liberty Ticket between September 18th and October 18th, for those of you planning to import this one from Japan.

Here's the video chat in action, with a skilfully edited four minute gap where the yellow DSi LL's camera function stopped working.

[via andriasang.com]

y2josh

y2josh said:

That's cool, but I don't see the point. Although, I wish that show came on Kids WB when I was younger.

Collinhall

Collinhall said:

Cool, but given the very low quality of the camera, expect tons of lag between when you speak and when your mouth moves.

Nintendophile

Nintendophile said:

I didn't notice the new Legendary Pokemon or the video chat... I was too distracted by the strange blue-faced Luche-Libre-Robot-Super-Hero.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

Yippee another Pokemon that looks like a vermin... When will they use something cool like a Dolphin or a platypus or a porcupine or a Yeti. Why haven't they got around to making those types of Pokemon instead of making another rodent.

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

Interesting. And you know, that show is no more weird than the shows kids watch here in the West at the moment.

MDee14

MDee14 said:

Oh man Nintendo is so amazing. If this isn't a test for an upcoming 3DS feature, then i don't know what is.
It's like the gamecube days and when Nintendo tested out Phantasy for online gaming, and then the Wii came with online, it may not be the best online but we still have it.

And what other game to test out this feature, because we all know if you get it or not...this is going to sell millions.

Keep it up Nintendo

JohnWalrus

JohnWalrus said:

Cool chat-feature. Might actually make me buy the game when it comes out...

Those Japanese and their crazy shows :P

Rensch

Rensch said:

So is this gonna be possible on Wi-Fi? we wouldn't want a portabe chat roulette in a Pokémon game, now would we?

TLink9

TLink9 said:

llllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggg

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

@Rensch
I'd imagine it only transmits video of people registered as friends, or perhaps the player gets a choice when a new player enters the chat whether they want to see them or not.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Well, now that I've seen THAT legendary I'm definitely not buying one of these games. That's like calling bidoof a legendary.

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

Sweet......Perhaps there would be more national interaction and less of the bad trades or offers over the GTS.

0Pokemaster0

0Pokemaster0 said:

I will get Pokemon White 4 a late Christmas preasent! I can't wait. I looke 4 updates each day!!

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

The one thing that I don't like about the 3ds is the fact that the camera will still have the same quality...
I know it would be expensive to have a good digital camera, but we can't even have at least one measly megapixel?
For shame!