E3 2010: Metroid: Other M Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Samus's latest on the move

Some things in the world of gaming never get old: stomping Goombas, matching gems, eating Octoroks. Here's one more for the list: watching this new Metroid: Other M trailer.

Showing off less action and more exploration than previous trailers, it certainly looks like the game is shaping up nicely, with great cutscenes and a sense of the spectacular at which Team Ninja excels. With a holodeck-style jungle, Morph Ball corridors and a giant tentacled beast rising from a pit of lava, Other M seems to have it all.

Check out the trailer and check back for more artwork as well as impressions from the E3 showfloor.

JamieOStaff

JamieO said:

Wall jumping galore, rain harking back to the original Metroid Prime Tallon Overworld landing and a massive 'climb on the lava beastie'!

I love this trailer! :)

Bloodysaber

Bloodysaber said:

Looks damn nice, but I'm still somewhat worried about the FPS combat in this game based on some comments I read.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

I almost forgot about this because of all the new announcements. I really, really shouldn't have.

pikku

pikku said:

why, if i didn't know any better, I'd say this was an PS360 game! :O

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

A superb trailer, but what I'm waiting on are Corbie's impressions on the game! Hope he gets his hands on it...

Mandoble

Mandoble said:

So, is this an "on-rails" metroid? Where you can just move forward or turn back?

NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds said:

@6 - Well, the song should at least be in the cutscene where Samus fights Mother Brain. I believe that was where this song played in Super Metroid.

Edit: Actually I think it also played during the Kraid and Ridley fights.

nintendogamerftw

nintendogamerftw said:

I really think this game should have used a Remote and nunchuk combo, especially since all the complaints I've read about it could easily be remedied with the nunchuk. For instance, not being able to move in first person view.

JGMR

JGMR said:

@ NotEnoughGolds

It is in fact the intro music in Super Metroid on loop, haha. Nice trailer by the way, Like the new Donkey Kong Country and Goldeneye, a must-have of the year...

Albion

Albion said:

I'm not sold on this yet. Something about it, is telling me its limiting itself
Its like being a bad speller and trying to type a word you can't so you just use diffrent words to say the same thing be ones you know you can spell.
But in the end your message dosen't translate how you really intended.

This trailer looks alot diffrent from what i was expecting of the game.

Cia

Cia said:

This will be great. Metroid series have never failed, so i see no reason to think this would be the first time.

zionich

zionich said:

Wonder if that lava boss was a new Kraid. I think he hasnt got love sense Super Metroid.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

This is easily my most anticipated game the rest of this year for any system. Each trailer is better than the last, August 31 will be a great day no doubt.

FinalFantisiac

FinalFantisiac said:

I'm really hoping that when you are able to go into first-person mode, you can actually move and walk around, like the Prime series. If not, this will be a great disappointment to me.

James

James said:

@VirtualConsoleGuy - When you switch to first-person mode it's a static viewpoint only: there's no Nunchuk attached to the Remote so unless they implement D-Pad support, you won't be getting any Prime-like FPS sections in this one.