Nintendo Announces DS Line-Up For THE WORLD

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Release dates and windows for Europe, North America and Japan announced

Since the Wii release list was such a hit, Nintendo has followed up with a sequel in the form of a DS release list for the near future.

There has been some fan backlash to this new list, with certain gamers upset that Nintendo has dared release a new list so shortly after the first one. An online petition to boycott this list is being organized but is expected to peter out once fans get ahold of these games. Nintendo commented that everyone on the list were "entitled whiners whose money we will gladly take."

Remember, this is subject to change.

North America

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks — Dec. 23, 2009
Famicom Wars DS 2 (Working title) — 2009
Golden Sun DS (Working title) — TBA

[via kotaku.com]

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Oh goodie. Well, not really...
Pokemon, Golden Sun, and WarioWare mildly interest me, but that's it.

Noire

Noire said:

Didn't realize there were seperate lists for Wii and DS. Whoops... ^ _ ^;;;

Golden Sun DS (Working title) — 2010

This had better not get pushed back to 2011, or I will be PO'd. I've waited long enough. Now I'd just like some new info, please and thank you Camelot.

RyuZebian

RyuZebian said:

Golden Sun DS better not suck. Not that that would stop me from buying it! xD I've been forced to play the games on an emulator, and I feel like giving something back... Money, for example. But considering the time it took for the game just to be announced, I have to say my expectations are QUITE high... - . -

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Pokémon HeartGold (or Soul Silver) for me.

Cipher

Cipher said:

"New advance wars? Shweett"

Old Advance Wars, actually. Japan haven't had Days of Ruin (or Dark Conflict) yet, and this is it.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

"There has been some fan backlash to this new list, with certain gamers upset that Nintendo has dared release a new list so shortly after the first one."

lolwut? It's a list of games coming out, not a list of games you have to buy or else. Man people are stupid.

Disappointing list, though. I was hoping for a more exact date on Golden Sun DS. I already knew it was 2010. :(

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Picross 3D?! :O

Wait, hold on. They're boycotting the list? How are they gonna do that?!

mattnd2007

mattnd2007 said:

golden sun ds is the main one for me. i don't even have a ds though, i'll have to play the game at my friend's house. zelda looks good too, but he probably won't be buying it.

Ike-Mike

Ike-Mike said:

Sorry to break it for anyone who thinks that Famicom Wars DS2 is a new game, but it's just Days of Ruin.

Yeah, Japan still hasn't got it after all this time.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

Glory of Heracles & Golden Sun DS are the best picks on the list, and both are great games/series! (I believe Glory of Heracles had a pretty good review score when the game was released in Japan quite awhile ago).

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I think I'll skip DS games this christmas. Spirit Tracks ew I hate trains :P, well I'd buy it if I had the money, but I'm not ding for playing it.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Is there seriously boycotting of the list? Nintendo fans are such whiners sometimes!

Also, according to Playasia.com, Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be released in April. Not the most reliable source I think, but it's still something.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

New Golden Sun will be tons of fun. Shantae and new Rayman games aren't on the list but I think this is Retail DS only. I still got to pick up Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story at some point as well.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@mjc0961 and Token Girl: I'm quite certain that was a JOKE, not something to be taken seriously.

Oh, we ARE still supposed to be getting WarioWare and Picross 3D? Those had fallen so far off the news radar (and weren't on Nintendo.com) that I thought they might've been cancelled for western release! Glad to see they MAY still be coming, though the "TBA" date isn't terribly encouraging.

NES_64

NES_64 said:

Subject to change quite a bit I'd said, Golden Sun DS - Europe 2010!? But as long as it's not a DSi regioned locked game...

Zammy

Zammy said:

Late to the game
Agreed, Phoenix. I can't wait another bloody year and a bit just for Golden Sun DS... I love Golden Sun.
Other than that, I'm severely uninterested. =P

shinkukage09

shinkukage09 said:

What's funny about the "Entitled whiners" whining about the list, is that Gamestop has an EVEN BIGGER LIST, with all this info already on it. These lists are nothing new, Nintyfresh is just releasing them to the general public now.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

I find it wierd that Japan gets Spirit Tracks after us...
Anyway, will only buy Golden Sun DS (Still need to find the sequel at a GameStop) and maybe Spirit Tracks. I won't be buying PHG/SS cuz my friend is willing to sell the original GBC versions for $20 each.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@Nes_Boy64. This list comes from a page of the quarterly shareholders report. Since it is only a single page they cannot fit absolutely everything. Also NOE seems to keeps their cards held closest to their heart as of recent with regards to are they releasing games (kind of daft as all the happens is people import games rather than take any chance with NOE).

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

WarioWare D.I.Y. is still TBA... I hope this doesn't mean they're going through great lengths to restrict its freedom to be "child-friendly." If that's the case, I'll import!

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

"Famicom Wars DS 2 (Working title) — 2009"

Most likely this is Advance Wars: Days of Ruin / Dark Conflict. The US/EU release actually has the Japanese text stored in the game (viewed using action replay codes) and the Japanese graphic title is in there as well (can't remember the title but it wasn't Famicom Wars II) .

Unless they are planning on making a sequel to Advance Wars: Dual Stike [Famicom Wars: DS in Japan]. I doubt it.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I need: Picross 3D, Warioware DIY, Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks and possibly Sonic and Sega All Star Racing DS...soon please!

Okamiden is some time next year and I'll wait to see what the reviews for Star Ward Vattle Front are like.

Our list looks decidely thin. But that's not surprising is it.

Lanmanna

Lanmanna said:

I want Zelda, Pokemon, WarioWare, and Golden Sun. I can't believe some of you are complaining about the list. They will be announced at E3, plus there are over 40 great DS games already out.