Nintendo of Europe Announces Upcoming Hanabi Games

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

6 more imports to be released this month.

Nintendo of Europe is going all out for the fourth Hanabi Festival - Including this week's 2 import games, there will be a total of 8 released this month. You might've already noticed this list on the Wii Shop earlier today, but NoE has now also posted it on their website. They have also supplied a large image (Which you can see here) through a press email giving some more information about the upcoming releases.

The remaining import games for July are:

Naturally, all of these will cost you 100 more points than games from their respective systems normally would. Nintendo says this Hanabi Festival will run from July 3rd to July 24th, which means that each of the next three weeks should have two more imports. Any bets on next week's picks?

[via nintendo.co.uk]

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Smash Table Tennis has been rated a long time, so it's good it finally gets released. What other games have been sitting ratings limbo? Pro Wrestling

Terra

Terra said:

This is a great list and all but that's the problem with ratings board. They can ruin all the surprises.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

MUSHA does sound nice; I'll have to see if it's on the Japanese VC to save me 300 points. I'm surprised there's no mention in the review of the fact that Compile later became known for Puyo Puyo, which Sega got the rights to when Compile folded. Members have since started Compile Hearts which has created a puzzle game in the spirit of Puyo Puyo (colourful with anime characters in cutscenes and with goofy dialogue) called Octomania in the west which will shortly be coming out in Europe for a budget price.

Amorous_Badger

Amorous_Badger said:

I've often wondered. Is 'hannabi' Japanese for 'charge guillable westerners more for a load of old toot'?

Betagam7

Betagam7 said:

I wonder if MUSHA will get the usual PAL downgrade that sega likes to give its Hanabi titles. If so I hope Nintendolife mentions it in its review.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

@Betagam7: Pulseman runs in 50Hz but that's because SEGA have modified the emulator (since after the MUSHA release) so if the Wii is set to run in PAL mode (PAL Wii's), it will run in PAL 50hz, despite what country mode the emulator is set to run at (its set up to run in "jp", not that setting it to "us" or "eu" would have made any difference for this game).

Puyo Puyo TSU on the other hand was set to run in "eu" because setting it to Japan would have resulted the Wii Text and Buttons in Japanese, the Japanese save text would have loaded, and used the NTSC setting.

I could go and explain more but then my post would become too geeky. :P

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

MUSHA, Zoda's Revenge, AND Detana!! Twinbee? It's a good thing I don't live in Europe, because otherwise I might just have a heart-attack.:P
...:)

slangman

slangman said:

Nice Europe finally gets another Hanabi Festival. Too little too late though I recently bought myself a NA Wii, and I am sure Pulseman will come out soon in NA. I won't be downloading any more 50hz-fests.

Kelvin

Kelvin said:

I'll be getting Bomberman '94 in a shot, but I'm not sure about the others.

reborn

reborn said:

I'm a bit disappointed of this Hanabi Festival. I was expecting a AAA tittle of NIntendo like Earthbound. It's just a pity!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Well its not even out in America yet. And they'll need a AAA title for next time.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Interesting list. I already have another about 3 or 4 Bomberman games otherwise I may have got '94. I'll therefore pass.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 and MUSHA....Hmmmmm....radared

King_Elemento

King_Elemento said:

"No Final Fantasy?", is what people should be asking. It was announced by Squeenix, and it's out in Japan, so it should be here this Hanabi Festival.
EarthBound may be ESRB rated, but that doesn't apply to PAL regions, and it isn't out in Japan yet. It may have been announced by Nintendo at some stage, but that was most likely to help hype the VC. There are also rumours against it coming out ever.
Yeah.

For now though, I'd say Zoda's Revenge and MUSHA next week. Zoda's Revenge and Kirby's Dreamland 3 are the only things that really interest me from this list, though the two already released do look pretty nice.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

There can only be so many games released so of course some highly desired games will be held off until the next one.

timp29

timp29 said:

The only chance of us getting Rondo of Blood is via an hanabi festival isn't it? Damn :p

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Bomberman '94 is really a different Bomberman game as a single-player experience so I do think it's worth a look even if you already have Bomberman '93 or others...