USA VC Releases: Cho Aniki and Final Soldier

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Something which many thought would never happen is occurring today: Cho Aniki is being released in the US! Accompanying it is another TurboGrafx-16 import shooter: Final Soldier.

Cho Aniki and its sequels have received both a lot of love and a lot of hate over the years. This is because the series' storyline is based mostly on protein and body-building - As such, most of the main characters and enemies are well-built, and usually, half-naked. The first game in the series actually doesn't really feature any of this - Samson and Adon, pictured to the right, aren't even the main characters (They are in every sequel), and the enemies are actually floating chess pieces, trains with faces, samurai robots and other bizarre things. What really made the first game popular was its soundtrack - As it is a CD game you can expect some of the strangest tunes ever heard in a videogame. Haters begone! It will cost you 900 points as it is an import.

Final Soldier is the long-awaited "missing" part of the Star Soldier series. While Super Star Soldier and Soldier Blade (And Blazing Lazers, though it's not officially part of the series) were released released outside Japan, Final Soldier, which was released in the middle in Japan, was not (Nor was Star Parodier, but that's more of a spinoff). Today however, Star Soldier fans in the US can finally enjoy the missing link in the series! It basically offers more of the gameplay found in other installments of the series, but with minor tweaks, such as different weapons. It will cost you 700 Wii Points due to import inflation.

On WiiWare today, you can download Groovin' Blocks, a mysterious rhythm-based puzzler which was only announced 3 days ago! Check out WiiWare World to read up on it - Since the announcement we have conducted an interview with the developer to get a gist of what the game is about.

Related Games

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Ooh I am feeling a bit fruity today! Cho Aniki it is for me then! :-p

BB_Sting

BB_Sting said:

hmm, I'm not quiet sure what to make of this. Both games look kinda interesting but, Cho Aniki looks kinda creepy as well. :(

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

I was hoping for two VC games that haven't got released in Europe. Well at least they are available in the US now.

So it's ever between a strange but good side scrolling shot-them up or Final Soldier which is a decent shooter although I prefer Super Star Soldier .

deadbattery

deadbattery said:

I'm downloading Cho Aniki the MINUTE it's released! And to all its haters: OH, BE NICE! * waves hand downward *

Rexy

Rexy said:

Glad to see you finally got Cho Aniki :D I'm with deadbattery though, the amount of pressure in this game's demand shouldn't be proportional to the amount of people that want to chuck tomatoes all over it, lol.

slangman

slangman said:

About time you guys got Cho Aniki. I wonder when you guys will get Gradius II?

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

There are a lot stranger Japanese games than Cho Aniki. Although you might get some strange looks playing it. XD

slangman

slangman said:

Hopefuly. Us PAL users got it like 4 months ago which is quite a long time to wait for you guys.

lordbowser

lordbowser said:

Damn, Cho Aniki comes out and I have no money for it (as usual). Can't wait to give it a go though.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

I wonder if Gradius 2 might be timed to fit with the Gradius ReBirth WiiWare launch somehow. That's whats been happening with the Mega Man games in the USA, so it wouldn't surprise me!

Mega Man 2 will probably be out next week in the USA most likely. Not long now anyway! :D

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Kind of a "meh" update today but I wasn't expecting anything major so soon after getting Super Mario RPG anyway. Other than Mega Man 2, which I suspect will come out next week, I don't think the VC releases for the remainder of September will be anything to write home about. Hopefully in October, Hudson will see it fit to give North America Dracula X as a nice little Holloween treat. That's really the next major title I want to see come out.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I think it makes a statement about the quality of this title that the CD soundtrack outsold the original game itself.

Ricardo91 said:

I'm so glad to finally see Final Soldier out in the states, and Cho Aniki looks absolutely "FABULOUS!" <points hand down in homosexual fasion> ;)

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I like Rapadash's idea of having Dracula X come out the week of Halloween. Maybe they could put Alien Crush with it. That would be a really good week!!! Dracula X needs to come out in 2008, no more foolin around Nintendo

Gitaroo_Dude

Gitaroo_Dude said:

Man, I REALLY wish Nintendo would allow people to add WiiPoints in increments smaller than $10.

I have 800 Wii points, and really don't feel like adding $10 more to get Cho Aniki.

I need to get my homo-eroticism on. :(

Lugia2

Lugia2 said:

Weeelll uh, that...ah, was completely....

JESUS CHRIST NINTENDO THOUGHT THEY COULD RELEASE THAT HERE!

Well, I guess Nintendo no longer has an excuse for Mother 3 <_>. I've heard it's good, but I have a social life and I keep my door open. I want to look my neighbors in the face you know.

Gitaroo_Dude

Gitaroo_Dude said:

Hahaha, I love 13 olds on the internet who act like Cho Aniki will somehow turn them gay or damage their AMAZING social lives.

Adamant

Adamant said:

America, the land where 10-year-olds watch bloody murders in 18+-rated movies on a daily basis, yet condemn a video game because there's a male bodybuilder in it.

Bensei

Bensei said:

@NintendoBrad: It's just the USK, German gamers actually have no problems in playing Resident Evil, Politicians just don't accept that 18+ games aren't more dangerous than 18+ movies. Gladly Austria is independent from Germany in that point...

And some Horror Games for Halloween would be sweet, but I don't think it will be Dracula X. The only sign that it could come to western countries is VC-reviews expecting it...

Adamant

Adamant said:

@NintendoBrad: " Of course 10-year-old kids are going to think something like Cho Aniki is weird, but I wouldn't say they're at fault for it."

Well, yeah - the game IS weird. That's kinda the point.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

@ Bensei
I think I would have to disagree about Dracula X. From what I understand it would not have to be translated to come to the states. And they way I see it, Nintendo wants to spread out the VC as long as possible so they will keep mining these import titles as long as they can. But if your right and they don't release Drac. X, we can always still hope for the excellent Castlevania 3 and Bloodlines!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I am really surprised the ESRB only rated this game E10+ :(

I hope Genesis and Master system will not be neglected this month

Bendover83

Bendover83 said:

So its another week closer to Mega Man 9. I'm excited. Mega Man 2 will be released a week before Mega Man 9. 2 should come within the next two weeks then. Did people really think we would have another astounding week. The rollercoaster has to peak sometime. I'm not saying its a bad week. Final Soldier is a great shooter, and Cho Aniki is a little out there, but people(kids) need to get over that and just try the damn thing.

Marvel_Maniac

Marvel_Maniac said:

Um... so if Mega Man 2 hasn't even been released yet, does that mean we'll ever see Mega Man 9 this month? I've been all over the internet looking for a solid release date for that thing and all I ever seem to get is "Sept 08". They have that date for both NA and Japan, but WILL WE ACTUALLY GET IT?

Bendover83

Bendover83 said:

I'm giving this week a pass. I might eventually buy Final Soldier later though. So what else might come out this month lets see: Earthworm Jim, Secret of Mana, and Mario Golf. Out of those three my money is on Mario Golf. Europe will get it as game 250 and we will get it the Monday before or after their Friday. If we start getting one import week a month then we should (but wont) get one N64 week a month.

Bendover83

Bendover83 said:

@Marvel_Maniac: Mega Man 2 & 9 will come out, just give it time. If they don't come out this month for some reason then I might have to start a WAR. Actually no, I would just wait impatietly. :p

Alpo

Alpo said:

Yet again we get two uninteresting games. I know some of you all liked the Y"s and SMRPG, but I did not. Besides those two games which appeal to some gamers, we consistantly get crappy space shooters or poorly done platformers. Not to say I do not like platformers, just not poorly done ones.

I just wish Nintendo would release a different vareity of games besides what I have menctioned. I have not downloaded a game since double dragon was released. Know what would make since is that Nintendo could release one those crappy games, along a really good one every week. Having at least one good game out there every week wouldn't so bad. Before I get comments against me about my limited taste I would like to say what gamer I am. I like Action/Adventures, First person or Third person shooters, Fighting games, Platformers that are interesting, some RPGS and some sports games.

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

I don't really like shooters per-say, but as someone that is all about the man-love, I don't see how I can pass this one up. Not that I'm that in to bodybuilders, but seriously, video games have always had really ripped shirtless guys, more so in old school games.... Contra, anyone?

Masky64

Masky64 said:

I'm already hooked onto Super Mario RPG at the moment. I'm at Nimbus Land right now.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ Alpo- Okay, so here's the deal.
Usually someone is only wrong once, so I can quote them, correct their mistake, and have them try again.
But you have gone beyond quotability, so I guess I'll have to do this in numbered form.

1.) Why would Nintendo release a good game EVERY week? That's like Wal-Mart having a buy-one-get-one-free sale EVERY day. It just doesn't make any sense. To maximize profits, they release one great game, and wait until sales decrease a little before giving people another big name title. Besides, heavily criticized games are considered good to some people. So you'd be asking Nintendo to ignore certain games some people might love.

2.) Nobody cares what gamer you are. But since you dared to post...
If you're wanting third person shooters, you're looking at the wrong service. And every other genre you mentioned it slapped full of great games.
I'd suggest actually knowing what VC games are out.

3.) Both games released today got 4-stars on this very site. So if you think we got bad games this week, you're a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
Just because these games don't meet your highly refined taste, doesn't mean they're bad.
I don't like Earthbound, but I don't dare say it's a bad game. Besides, someone would hunt me down in a day or two..

4.) Did you just call Cho Aniki uninteresting?
Someone's nuttier than a Snickers. At least look at a video.
It's one of the more crazy/interesting/weird games ever to be released.

5.) You don't even know the name of Ys. So you'll have a tough time convincing people you've played it, disliked it, and are still a fan of RPG's.

6.) Name me a "poorly done" platformer on the VC.

MaxPlastic

MaxPlastic said:

lol @ SuperMario; Totally agree

I'm agreed, but since Sonic on the SMS is the only game this site lists as a platformer (WTF, VC-Reviews?!), it's hardly fair to tell 'em to sort it out.
And I'd just like everyone to know that I DID use my remaining 800 Wii Points downloading Ys Book I and II, played it for about three hours, and I gotta tell ya... I DON'T like it; I don't like the actual gameplay. Why the Hell am I just running into enemies like a drunken sailor to kill them? Someone on an earlier post compared it to Zelda, and I really just don't think they've ever played a Zelda game. I deleted Metroid and Super Metroid to make room for it!

@ Alpo: You gotta come correct every time or SuperMario (Among others) will getcha every time!

brooks83

brooks83 said:

x.SuperMario.x - I really think you need a girlfriend lol. Now before you or anybody else get all offended, that was a JOKE. For all I know you do have one already.

Anyways, as for the releases, I'm glad to finally see them in NA, but I really want Gradius II :(

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Nintendo's official download service also classified Sonic 1 in the "Puzzle" catagory. Somebody at Ninty headquarters should have said "hmmmff, this is incorrect; I need to fix that." Makes me wonder if the executives even bother to play the old games they are posting on VC.

Ricardo91 said:

@Gitaroo Dude. FYI, I DO have a social life, and if I invited any friends over to my house and they saw I had a game about thong-clad flying men who shoot missles out of their skulls, they'd look at me with an expression that defies imagination, and probably wouldn't talk to me ever again. :P
Also, I'm 16, almost 17.

Honestly, why Cho-Aniki? Why not Gradius II? WHY!?!? Everytime I think about that game, I think about all it's flamboyantly homotastic (to invent a new word) sequels, and shudder a little. It doesn't even look that fun. If I wanted a funny horizontal sh'mup, I'll just wait it out for Parodius.

Edit: But then again, it's better to get it now than on my birthday, I suppose. :P

Though Radioshadow does have a point. There are games FAR stranger than Cho. Like this one for example:

Seanbaby, of course, explains it best. :)

Edit 2: @Supermario. "Name me a poorly done platformer on VC."
I got two: Milon's Secret Castle and Yoshi's Story (Yeah, YS fans, you heard that right!), but that's all I got. I was also gonna say TMNT and Spelunker, but Mr. Poo beat me to it.
And you tell that Alpo guy what for!

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@brooks83: for all you know, x.SM.x is a girl. Or a gay guy. Not being offensive, just making a point that not everyone on here is male.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ WiiloveitOnline- Somehow my personal life has already come up in various articles..
So a few people know I'm a guy, with a girlfriend. :P

And Yoshi's Story is a great game, don't knock it. :P

Virus

Virus said:

I shall pass up these two releases for now. Star Parodier was awesome, but I don't think I am ready for another shooter just yet. I have some other games I have to get first. Still have to finish Ys anyway. Eighties music in RPGs! Yeah!

timp29

timp29 said:

Wow... I wonder what the developers of cho aniki were thinking/planning when they made that game. Do they love the wang? Did they just want to make the weirdest game ever? I reckon theres an interesting story right there.

Objection

Objection said:

@xsupermariox
Its funny when someone tries to prove you wrong by asking if you have a life/girlfriend. Not as much a point in this scene mayube but often.
As for " Y's and Ys " it's neither. It's spelled Y"s.This week is good, not great, but not worth complaining about for sure.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I can look past the content of Cho Aniki quite easily, I love quirky games. I'm just not into shooters all that much, so I'll give these ones a miss this week.

7th_lutz

7th_lutz said:

@Alpo,

Since May, North American is getting more than Platform and space shooter games on the vc. There hasn’t been a lot of Platform games coming out on the vc lately.

North America got the following Fighting games on the vc since May:
Renegade
Art of Fighting 2
Burning Fight
Fatal Fury 2
King of Monsters
Ninja Combat
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown 2

I doubt all them are crap. All games I mention expect for Renegade are on the Snk games and are on the Neo Geo. The only excuse you could make is you own or planning to different collection Snk has including Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1, and Snk Collection.

You are looking at the wrong place for first person shooters and third person shooters. The N64 is the only system on the vc that had the type of shooters you want for the most part. Game console before 1993 weren’t designed with first person shooters in mind. The catch is the N64 will not have those games on the vc.

Rare has the rights to first person shooters like Perfect Dark, Golden Eye 007, and Conker’s Fur day. Nintendo isn’t releasing any n64 games with expansion Paks on the vc either and that affects games like Resident Evil 2 and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour for the N64.

I don’t where you got crappy Space shooters or Platforms idea from? All Space Shooters Since July got at least 4 stars by vc-reviews. All of them got good rating by vc-reviews including Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa.

breaderer

breaderer said:

LOL last week I got blazing lazers(awesome) because I didn't think final soldier would be coming out soon. ah well, blazing lazers was definately worth the money.

Ricardo91 said:

@x.Supermario.x. You should start a new account under the username "The Cheetah", as you always seem to be lying in wait to pounce on unsuspecting posters lol.

@Alpo. Adding to Supermario's flaming of you, you're never gonna see any 1st or 3rd person shooters on this service, especially since Goldeneye and Perfect Dark will never be there. We also got a really good fighting game 2 weeks ago (Samurai Shodown II), and you still feel the need to say that Ninty keeps offering crap. You must be one of the 3 people who DON'T like SMRPG, because everyone here who DLed it seems to like it a lot.

But don't feel too bad. He gave me the numerical treatment 2 weeks ago, though it wasn't nearly as bad as the one you're getting. :P

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

I sad in another article that samurai showdown 2 was good.
So you expected us to remember that while you were criticizing every release for the past several months?

@ Mr. Cheez- If I didn't love my account name already, I'd consider it. :P

And I don't even do these things on purpose. lol
Ever see someone at McDonalds trying to put a medium-sized lid on a large cup?
And don't you feel the need to correct them, before they make themselves look even dumber?
That's what this website is to me. :P

Oh, and is there a "Terms of Service" anywhere?
I looked, and I can't find one on VC-R or VC-Forums.
It'd be a great benefit to some posters.

7th_lutz

7th_lutz said:

I think North America should be getting good games in the next 3 Mondays,

If we have 6 games in the next 3weeks, we should be getting the following games:

Nes- Megaman 2

Snes- Space Invaders, and Secret of Mana are the top possibilities for the next snes game being release on the vc. Both are supposed to be release in Japan this month.

Sega genesis- Phantasy Star 4, Shining Force 2. and Earthworm Jim are the top possibilities for the next Sega Genesis for being release on the vc. Phantasy Star 4 and Shining Force 2 were released this summer is Japan. They have to be considered as possibilities as a result.

Sms- Wonder Boy in Monsterland is the only game I can think of as a sms release this month. If there is a sms release this month.

Neo Geo- World heroes 2 should be the top game if there is a Neo Geo game release this Month.

N64- Mario Golf

Gitaroo_Dude

Gitaroo_Dude said:

@ Mr. Cheez

"Why Cho Aniki?"

Probably because Nintendo wants to gauge the interest of American gamers in quirky Japanese titles.

Dare I hope that it's a test for whether they'll localize Captain Rainbow, GOTY?

And my comment wasn't made to infer no one on here has a social life. Just that I find it hilarious how many young people think they'll damage relationships over a game that's obviously meant to be crazy.

Abodi

Abodi said:

i think both of you need to calm down, SuperMario, you're not the enforcer, jsut let things slide, and alpo, don't get upset when you diss games and people come to defend them, if your a gamer you'll love and appreciate games.

Rexy

Rexy said:

@Mario: I couldn't resist the pop quiz, lol.

6.) Name me a "poorly done" platformer on the VC.

Ok - Alex Kidd and the Enchanted Castle? I don't have a VC copy, but two of my kid cousins have one of those plug-in-and-play videogame console joypads with Genesis games embedded inside. Not only did it feel unoriginal in comparison to Miracle World, but also there was something about the controls that felt awkwardly stiff >.>

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Why is Cho Aniki 800 + 100 WP? I understand the 100 WP markup, but was Cho Aniki for the Turbo Duo or Turbo CD?

Rexy

Rexy said:

Cho Aniki's medium of choice in its original PC Engine release was the Super CD. So, we'd say what we call the Turbo CD in this case.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

@ MarkyVigoroth- Taken from Dazza: Comment 51.
Its a TG16-CD game, they all cost 800. Add another 100 because its never been released outside of Japan before! :P

@ Abodi- So are you the negotiator? :P

@ Rexy- Wups, too late. Quiz time's over. :P

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

@ SuperMario: We have a link to the Terms of Service page right next to the comment box. It's mostly for the forums but some points apply for the main site.

Digiki

Digiki said:

@ Alpo
Please stop the unnecessary language, if you don't want to be flamed, don't complain so much, and if you do get corrected don't freak out like you did as basically I'd assume most users would just laugh and shrug it off, while you lose your credibility as a poster.

@Mr. Cheez
Yoshi's Story is NOT a poorly done platformer it's more of an above average platformer, with a cute (i.e. love it or hate it) aeshetic. BTW I added you and Badknux to Brawl

Personally shmups arn't really my genre ( but I did get and enjoy, but not yet beat, Lords of Thunder) and Cho Aniki's style isn't my thing so I'll pass

Super_Sonic

Super_Sonic said:

Cho Aniki is stupid. This is unneasary! It is so stupid I could vomit! (Get this game off the Virtual Console lineup!) I can't believe why it's even on the Virtual Console.
Nintendo should be sued for releasing Cho Aniki.
Even Action 52 for the NES would be a better choice.
If that game were to reach the Top 20 I am going to scream! We don't need poorly done oprea music, muscle bodybuilders flying and twriling, or partial to almost full nudity characters in the game at all!
This should be a complete failure!
Find I offened it Damien but tough this deserve lots of hate!
Final Solider is not a problem thought as I might get the game. (As long it is not too short.)
x. SuperMario x.
"Name me a poorly done platformer"
Well Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is a good example of poorly done platformers. (Unrealted)

PHANTOM93

PHANTOM93 said:

Nothing for me this week, guess I'll just stick to the magical fountain of DOS games I found in my Dad's study :-P

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Cho Aniki is stupid. This is unneasary! Nintendo should be sued for releasing Cho Aniki.
Don't worry everybody. Poke jost. :P

@ Drake- Thanks, I can't believe I searched and searched and it was there this whole time.
It'd be easier if that was accessible through the main page though. :P

Super_Sonic

Super_Sonic said:

x. Super Mario .x
"Don't worry everybody. Poke Jost."
I am warning you! I know this game is SO STUPID! If you think the game is GOOD! Why don't you review it?
Do you really like mens flying around and twirling, and the poorly done oprea music? If you do then just spend 900 Wii Points and your dignity on this game and play it!

Cally

Cally said:

@everyone who criticizes people who are irked by Cho Aniki

Let's be honest here--is Cho Aniki trying to be homoerotic or not? There's no way you can deny that it's sequels aren't. Try differentiating between the content of something and what that something condones (not all violent movies suggest it's okay to go on shooting sprees, for instance).

Abodi

Abodi said:

Haha gosh no, i'm no negotiator.

But i am enjoying SuperMario RPG (off topic)

timp29

timp29 said:

I guess Super Sonic would prefer a bunch of vaginas flying around tryng to kill him... Maybe cho aniki was a developers idea to open the gaming market to chicks?!?! Not that I have ever met a chick who thinks body builders are hot.

Also I thought these forums auto-deleted when 3 posts were submitted in a row very quickly by one user...

Drake or whoever moderates this, slam alpo and super sonic. That would be funny :D

@ caption to topic photo... I can't help but recall semen is high in protein... shudders

Ricardo91 said:

Let's see what's been going on in this week's release article since I left, shall we?

@Supermario. What does "poke jost" mean?

"Even action 52 for the NES would be a better choice."

I didn't want Cho either, but I wouldn't go that damn far. :P
Also, would you mind getting rid of some of those posts?

@Rexy. <slaps self on the forehead.>
Of course! Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle! How could I have forgotten that piece of trash?

@Gitaroo_Dude. "Probably because they want to gouge the interest of American gamers in quirky Japanese titles."

OK, I'm fine with that, and they should keep 'em coming. In fact, I consider buying the ever-quirky Bio Miracle sometime in the future (though I put it at the bottom of my "to download" list.). Don't get me wrong: I love quirky Jap games (Katamari Damacy and Warioware, for example.), but I think the adventures of Adon, Samson, those other guys, and their "proteins" are a bit too wacky for me. :P
Also, I'm sorry I misread your post regarding social lives.

I take it you're a Gitaroo Man fan. I played it on a demo disk from OPM (may they rest in peace, :(), and it was pretty cool, though hard.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

@Super Sonic: How the heck does a game that has strong body guys make this game stupid? I know! Let's go and sue who ever created Sold Calibur because Ivy's clothing is so revealing!

The Japanese are known for making weird games (there is this DS game where you have to examine 7 girls and 1 boy to find out if they are a witch and by examining, poking them with the stylus! XD). These types of games usually don't get released and translated because of western strict rules so it's kinda interesting to see this game being released on the VC.

I guess your a guy because IYO, it's wrong for a guy to not be fully clothed and have muscles but it's fine to have girls wearing revealing clothing and have their breasts jiggle about (such as Dead or Alive). It's not like you see any guys penis's on this game.

Simply, you don't like this game. This isn't my cup of tea ever but I'm not going round saying the game sucks. Just keep your opinions to yourself Super Sonic because your a GOD DAMN IDIOT!

@RadioShadow. I heard about that witch game lol. XD
I also read in EGM that there's a Japanese DS game called "Dual Love". It's a dating sim where you wipe sweat off anime dudes's bodies, give them massages, and scrub their bodies in the shower with the stylus in order to win their heart. :P

Sharecrow

Sharecrow said:

@alpo - be compassionate about it. It is never cool to vent like that. Having a degree doesn't add to your rights to treat others disrespectfully either (I have an accounting MBA too so I have some legitimate perspective when I say that). I realize it's not my place to tell you what to do and I don't mean to....it's just advice. If you don't follow it at least consider it.

As far as the games, I may get Final Soldier someday but I have other shooters to beat first ;). Cho Aniki would come even later than that but at the rate I beat shooters I bet it'll be on a different console...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yes! Final Soldier's here! I've been waiting forever for that game!...And I'll have to wait even longer since I just got games from last week and the week before. Next time though, it will be mine!

As for Cho Aniki, it looks cool, but I'm going to have to pass until I get a place of my own, I have a family that likes to judge.

@Super Sonic

It's one thing to voice your opinion. It's another thing to voice it 4 times in a row.

Jolted85

Jolted85 said:

Not real sure on Cho Aniki, not really big on Final Soldier either, but I do know that within the next few weeks of September we should be getting Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 9, can't wait!

Digiki

Digiki said:

Off-topic but what's with all the Earthworm Jim mentions as of late, did I miss something, or is it more along the lines of wishful thinking?

Objection

Objection said:

[post removed]
Edit: this is where I pointed out a certain someone's bad grammar. I used quotes, so it was removed. :P

Objection

Objection said:

@supermario
Good job! I cracked up ridiculously from the 3rd one and the 2nd to last one was good too.
@Article
I know Cho Aniki is a series. Are there any plans to bring the others over to VC? TIP: Saying "Depending on how this one does" is redundent.

Cally

Cally said:

"I guess your a guy because IYO, it's wrong for a guy to not be fully clothed and have muscles but it's fine to have girls wearing revealing clothing and have their breasts jiggle about (such as Dead or Alive)."

The figures I've seen say that 80% of women find these kinds of bodybuilders repulsive anyway (which is kind of common knowledge), so chances are if "he" were a gal he wouldn't find similar appeal--flawed comparison.

I actually think the design of women in fighting games are pretty stupid too, and implausible (there's no way they'd be able to move fast at all, with all the weight).

Super_Sonic

Super_Sonic said:

RadioShadow
I don't mind if they have partial nudity. However I do mind mens in underware. And I'm not scared of mens with muscle. I was just hoping they put on more clothes. And I don't want girls flying or twirling in full nudity! Having girls jiggle about I think is wrong and revealing clothes.
And don't call me a idiot! I was a A-B honor roll in 8th grade for all of 6th, 6th weeks except for the 2nd 6th weeks when I made an A honor roll.
"timp39"
"I think Super Sonic would perfer a bunch of ***** flying around trying to kill him."
That would be even worse then Adon and Samson in what they are doing.
Okay it is not a bad game. I just don't like seeing too much skin. Giving them pants was all I needed to not rant on this.
x. SuperMario x.
I excpeted something scarier. THAT FAILED!

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Huh?

I expected something scarier.
You asked for it.

What does "poke jost" mean?
My cute way of saying "joke post". :P

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

I'm going to go ga-ga-gay for Cho Aniki.
Playing this game will make me one funky homo...sapien.

Okay enough of that . =P

LTTP but I think this is a good week for the VC. Sure it's nothing but a pair of shooters but if you can look past that, they're both pretty good. Not only that they are both from the Turbo-Grafx 16 library and they are imports. I say keep the imports coming. =)

Super_Sonic

Super_Sonic said:

That doesn't really scare but 2 things.
1. I'm sorry. Please no more scary post. And I won't inslut the game anymore.
2. What is that?

100!

@Supermario. Oh, joke post. How'd I not get that? :P
Also, those pics you found were hilarious! LMAO! :D
I should make one of those my avatar sometime in the future lol. Especially the one with the Twilight Princess box in the SNES!
and btw, WTF is going on in that first pic?
And what the hell is that scary pic? Whatever it is, It made me throw up in my mouth a little. :P

@Alpo: http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2882/owned9wz.jpg

said:

@ x.SuperMario.x - Comment 97:

Is that a Mr. Saturn? Man, how disgusting!

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

My thoughts are that since the company announced 4 games to be released in 2008 and theres 4 months left, theyll start with Earthworm Jim.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

And that one guy seems to be enjoying it...

Hey, this fits right in with the whole Cho Aniki thing.
I'm glad we're kinda staying on topic. :P

Virus

Virus said:

So many pictures...so much cussing...so many awkward topics...well, the Japanese sure have spurred the reaction they might of wanted from Cho Aniki....

brooks83

brooks83 said:

Anyone who says they have a "diploma in accounting" is lying. Wouldn't somebody educated call it a "degree in accounting"? And if they have a "diploma" in accounting, then they are probably making pretty good money, so why would they feel the need to call somebody on a website a stupid ass rich boy? I haven't seen anything x.supermario.x has said to make me think he is rich.

But, something tells me he is just a troll, making himself look like an idiot to get people worked up.

said:

@ brooks83

Alpo seems like he struggles with grammar a little. Not good to insult someone when you can't even spell properly.

But, gruping up on sumbuddy is tackie, and I won't be dooing itt inimore.

MaxPlastic

MaxPlastic said:

Man Alpo, I warned ya. I told you he'd get ya almost 100 comments ago. That being said, how's that degree in accounting workin' for ya? I assume getting it didn't include any kind of typing, grammar, or English classes.... Besides, if you're so much better than everyone here, why're you tryin' to prove yourself to a bunch of invisible names? That's what we do here on the Internets: Act like the douche we can't act like in real life

And I think xSuperMariox should get some sort of flamin' medal. It's ironic there's so much flaming on the day one of the homo-erotic games is realeased. On topic, indeed

Bendover83

Bendover83 said:

omg, I missed out on an awsome day of flamming. So is it only my opinion or does Alpo need a great big word "ASS" stamped across his forehead or should it be stamped across every post he makes on here. Should we spell it ARSE just for him. lol. I haive a digrie iin accoonting. lol. I'm spent. :p

psyduck

psyduck said:

Just because someone dislikes a game doesn't mean it should be banned or never be released. I will definetly download Cho Aniki when I get the chance.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

"I don't mind if they have partial nudity. However I do mind mens in underware."

Ever played the game 'Golden Axe' The man only just wore underware (or something similar to underware). Should that game be removed from the VC because of that?

timp29

timp29 said:

@ Super Sonic - post 100
"1. I'm sorry. Please no more scary post. And I won't inslut the game anymore."
bahaha amusing typo and vaguely appropriate for this game

@supermario
the shipping container fail for the win :D

Kultist

Kultist said:

Ooooh I kinda knew I would'nt miss anything on VC this week, but seems like I missed a lot of fun here! Is there a way to get a video replay?
Good week, nothing for me here, but I know how much some of you were waiting for Cho Aniki, though I hope we won't get back into a monthly streak of shooters after the last few weeks... Then again, I don't really mind, I still have Ys and SMRPG, which will be gathering virtual dust for a few weeks since I got SPORE! :D dances around making weird birdie noises
Anybody hoping for a quick port to Wii?
(Will Wright seemed dedicated to releasing his baby on Wii)

Ricardo91 said:

This is the best comment thread ever! :D
And it wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the awkwardness of Cho-Aniki (and Super Sonic and Alpo's bitching.)! I guess that game WAS good for something after all! ;)

@Supermario, #107. lol

@Kultist. You got Spore!? I hate you. I want that game so bad! :P

Edit: @the people disgusted by my Yoshi's Story comment. OK, maybe Yoshi's Story isn't "poorly done", but it is "extremely average".

I wonder if Alpo has the curige to shou hes faice onn thes aracle agin..

Virus

Virus said:

Why would he need courage? He needs incentive to speak his opinion and after the cruel slur of posts he received, I don't think he has reason to come back. I'm sorry folks, I didn't like his posts, grammar, or language either, but I think it would've been better if you people acted above his behavior.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

You know, I wouldn't have thought Cho Aniki was is any way "homosexual" if people hadn't have said anything. I still don't have a problem with the game, but I am self-conscious, and don't want to be judged, especially by the people close to me. Otherwise I get it in a heartbeat, since I like weird Japanese stuff.

Bendover83

Bendover83 said:

lol. Alpo (ASS), your comedy gold.
So why hasn't Alpo or ASS been deleted yet? I know why, because he's too damn funny. Hey, mushmouth, huw yu duing.
"And Alpo or ASS is what we like to call him is burned yet again." "The crowd goes wild!"
1129 North Crawford
Leavenworth, WA. 98812

Junichi

Junichi said:

You're going to get a knock on your door and you'll find an accountant on your doorstep ready to stomp on you. I bet you're quivering in your boots aren't you, Ben? Never mess with an accountant,

brooks83

brooks83 said:

For some reason I can't picture an accountant picking fights with random people on a website devoted to Virtual Console releases.

Kultist

Kultist said:

@ MaxPlastic : Is Spore on DS any good? I know there's a iPhone/iPod Touch version which is apparently only the Cell stage of the game. Is the DS version the same?

@ People on Alpo's case : I don't think that guy's behavior is worth the time you spend replying. I think things would be better off if you simply ignored the ignoramus, they usually are pretty good at digging their own grave, or hanging themselves high with their own leashes. OTOH, hitting the nail too much times on the same issue (i.e. grammar) lowers you to his level. Try something constructive, it help keeps the forum cleaner :)
I'll second Timp29's (74) and M. Asimov : "violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

@ Alpo : Not that I'm concerned, but foul mouthing, bullying and insulting everybody personally won't make you respected. Maybe it worked at kindergarden, maybe a bit at primary school, but then after it stops working. So going for that strategy gives us the cue that you haven't gone farther than that. I think cooling down before replying is a must, especially when x.SuperMario.x is involved (no offense SuperMario, but you know you end up looking aggressive sometimes :P). Id I'd gladly give you my address, but I doubt you'd drive up to Quebec just to punch me in the face to prove your point...

MaxPlastic

MaxPlastic said:

@ Kultist: No, it's actually an involved game with missions and things... Kinda like a pop-up book styled version of Cubivore, if you've ever played it. You can collect and upgrade different parts to evolve into bigger and more powerful things, but not nearly as customizable as the PC Spore. It's still fun tho, and since my PC will never handle Spore, it's a cool alternative. A Wii port would be cool as Hell

I'd also like to apologize for antagonizing fellow posters on this article, and taking away from the original subject matter. Kultist is right (See Post 132)

... But if this were a traditional forum or XBL, I think it'd be fair game to come down to his level and flame back and forth! That's what we do on the Internets! lol

timp29

timp29 said:

First of all, aren't diplomas and degrees seperate things? In australia, they are anyway...

Second of all people... Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Alpo is probably mailing that anthrax as we speak.

My final curious note is that this online muscle flexing war has degenerated into the kind of masculine/hegemonic pissing contest of superiority that is in essence the motivating factor of bodybuilding. Proving one's self the toughest. All your e-peen are belong to samson and adon!

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Guys, this is a family friendly site so lets leave the swearing and homophobia for XBOX Live :-p

Please report any more naughty comments with the grey warning icon in the top right of any offending post.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Dazza

That's what those are?! I thought they were "High-5 buttons". Good thing I never wanted to give somebody a high-five.

Edit: Oh, and quick Q, I finally got a card, so should I get SMRPG, Beyond Oasis, or Final Soldier?

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Thanks Dazza it was getting crazy there for a while. I was hoping when I posted 124 to get people talking about games again.

Gitaroo_Dude

Gitaroo_Dude said:

@ Tony

Sorry, just had to comment on something I found hilarious.

Are you implying that Conan does NOT come across as homo-erotic, but Cho Aniki does?

I guess I missed the memo on how some naked buff guys are the epitome of straight, while others should set off my gaydar.

Objection

Objection said:

Thanks, Dazza. I did add a lil wood to the fire myself but I'm glad to see the half-dozen or so "Post Removed" replies. It was fun in a horrible sort of way, but it needed to be left alone.

Ricardo91 said:

@Timp. I'm wondering the same thing. He seems to be the only one on here that knows how to do that. Does he type the phrase and then add the link next to it? I don't know. :|

@Mickeymac. "I thought they were "High-5 buttons."
lol @ that!
I think Alpo, with his potty mouth and cyber-threats, can use quite a few "High-5s" :P
Also, If I were you, I'd get SMRPG and Final Soldier, since you said that you've been wanting it. But what I really want you to get is Beyond Oasis. Remember the "Beyond Oasis vs. Landstalker" deal? You owe me! JK.

@Kultist. I wish I lived in Quebec. That place is amazing. :(

Edit: @Dazza. I'm actually glad that you added [post removed] to some of those comments. The bashing was fun at first, but it was starting to get a bit outta hand. :P

PHANTOM93

PHANTOM93 said:

@ timp29 and Mr. Cheez

It works something like this

[url="websiteURL"] "what users see" [/url]

Note: you DO NOT need the + signs, I just added those because otherwise it would insert the hyperlink. Also you DO NOT need to put quotes in (in fact inserting them screws things up).

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong :-)

Edit: Oh, so plus signs underline things, I was wondering how you did that :-P

MaxPlastic

MaxPlastic said:

Good job Dazza lol

VC-R Says: ALL UR POSTS R BELONG TO US!!1!

Again, sorry about adding to the problem

@Mickeymac: If you like shooters, get Final Soldier, of course. Mario RPG is like a "My First Menu Based RPG" game, but if you love the Mario series than it's recommended. I love it. And Beyond Oasis is more along the lines of Zelda, Alundra, or The Illusion Of Gaia... So it really just depends on your tastes...

Cocoa_Man5

Cocoa_Man5 said:

yup, knew these were going to be released monday on friday, not really a shooter fan though, but i do have a strong feeling we will be getting mega man 2 next week which i have been wanting for a long while now.

Super_Sonic

Super_Sonic said:

Radio Shawdow I don't think Golden Axe should ever be banned from Virtual Console because it is not wierd. In fact I don't think Cho Aniki should be banned anymore. But I won't get the game still.
"Lets go sue the guy who created Soul Cailbur because Ivy's clothes are so revealing!"
Show me a picture of Ivy please!
x. Super Mario .x
Here is the deal. I will get rid of the comments against Cho Aniki. In return you will delete the pictures. Do you aceept?
Actually in that scary picture is a microspoic animal! If I were to compare him to a Digimon it would mostly resemble a white Koromon.
Mr. Cheez.
"Would you mind getting rid some of the post?"
By how much?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Super Sonic

Here you go!

I think I'll hold off on Final Soldier, now that I think about it, since I'm still working my way through Star Parodier. How long is that game anyway? I hope it's not too long, I can barely get past the 5TH level!

Also, I think Beyond Oasis & Landstalker would be better off as a pair, so I'll have to wait until next time( sorry Mr.Cheez). Guess I'm going with SMRPG, as it'll complement Ys quite nicely. Also, Final Soldier would probably go better with Super Fantasy Zone.

Bendover83

Bendover83 said:

Ok, Ok. I'm done as well. This is a gaming site right? If He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named says anything else then I'll just laugh it off and high five him. Kutlist is right it was getting to far and I for one apoligize too. I just couldn't help myself.
Back to games.
@Mickeymac: It depends on which genre you like the most.
If anyone cares I finally defeated Y's yesterday, and I enjoyed the whole game especially the ending.

timp29

timp29 said:

I just about high fived you for that Ivy.... very revealing.... its in its skin and everything!! No clothes!!!

Super_Sonic

Super_Sonic said:

Mickeymac
Here ya go.
Excuse but is that from Soul Cailbur? I don't think so. Sorry to make you mad. And how do you do that? Thanks for the picture!
If only the Wii Shop Channel would let you rent games I would try out Cho Aniki to see if it is a worthy game.

said:

@ Mickeymac

Have you ever played SMRPG before? If not, then you should definitely treat yourself to something nice.

Ricardo91 said:

@Mickey. Took me a second to get that lol.

@Super sonic. I meant getting rid of 3 of the copies of that message you posted 4 times. But Dazza took care of it, so nevermind.

psyduck

psyduck said:

I always thought Golden Axe games were homoerotic, but I still enjoy playing them!

TheWrightWay

TheWrightWay said:

To Max Plastic:
Please Delete Y's And Make Room For Cho Aniki.
The Name Is Cooler, Anyway And Buff Guys In Speedos Is Actually More Interesting.
At Least The Music In Cho Aniki Is WAY Awesome. o____o;;
Just A Suggestion.

Digiki

Digiki said:

@TheWrightWay
But Ys music is way, way awesome

I decided yesterday that I wanted to try one of the Star Soldier games ( or Blazing Lasers) and wanted to know what you guys recommended ( in a list instead of just your favourite, if you please), and also which games were easier as I'm not too good at shooters ( haven't beaten Lords of Thunder on normal difficulty yet, but I think I got really close, the 3rd form of the 8th level boss) so ya, I look forward to your input.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

1.) Star Parodier.
2.) Soldier Blade.
Both are "must haves". And I don't even like SHMUPs.
Actually, I'm not even a shooter fan. But both those games are great.
If I had to pick one over the other, I'd choose Star Parodier.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Actually, I wouldn't say Soldier Blade is a "must have". Because I have seen some people who haven't liked it.
Star Parodier, on the other hand, is unanimously hailed as one of the greatest SHMUPs ever made.

But it depends on what you're looking for.
Star Parodier is a little on the easy side. So if you're looking for cute visuals and a manageable game, pick this one.

Soldier Blade is a little harder, and has a more serious atmosphere.
Some bosses in that game will make you nuttier than a Snickers. So if you're looking for a challenge, pick this one.

Either way, I don't think you'd be disappointed. I'm not a big fan and I enjoyed both.

Digiki

Digiki said:

Ya I wanted Parodier when it came out but saw it's size and decided to put it on hiatus, and the price doesn't really help to much as I only have 1900 points ( I think) and I'm strongly considering Sin and Punishment right now, so I don't have the points or space right now (I think I'm just shy of 400 blocks) So S&P and a Soldier game would pretty much top me up.

How hard is Soldier Blade? If you have Lords a comparison to it would be great.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

@ Digiki
I have both Lords of Thunder and SB. Soldier blade is not too hard up to Operation 5. Then the difficulty ramps up big time! Lord of Thunder is tough but once I practiced enough I could make it to the end boss. Also LOT lets you buy continues which helps out alot. SB does not let you go to a shop and upgrade your ship before each mission and what makes it tough is if your ship is fully powered up and you touch and orb of another color it can weaken your attacks. I reccomend both and SB is only around 25 blocks I think. Its a good purchase.

Cally

Cally said:

^Soldier Blade isn't too bad difficulty-wise since there aren't limited continues, although in many ways it's really not as well-designed as many other shooters. I'm tempted to recommend Blazing Lazers over it, for better control, and level variety/design, but that one DOES have limited continues which hurts at the last area.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Lords is easier.
Even the early operations, or levels of Soldier Blade will take a few tries. I wouldn't say it's frustratingly difficult though, it just takes practice.

But if you're having a hard time with Lords, I think Star Parodier would be a little less troublesome.
Only the last couple levels of Star Parodier will make you really work.
Star Parodier is considered the better game anyway, so I'd recommend it.

Digiki

Digiki said:

Oh really the other Soldier games were around 100 each but if its only 25 I'll definately pick it up, and yes I found Lords really hard the first few hours, now it's managable for the most part, hope to beat it soon, but that's why I wanted to know what was easier because I'm a SHMUP newbie :)

Edit: Guess I'll go for Blade then, thanks for the help everyone!

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

I wouldn't recommend Blazing Lazers over Soldier Blade.
Blazing Lazers is slower, and doesn't have the 2 min and 5 min modes.

And I'd say Star Parodier controls the best out of any of these games mentioned.

Added: Make sure you tell us what you think of Soldier Blade! :P

Digiki

Digiki said:

@Tony
Soldier Blade was 99 blocks but ironically the two other games with Blade in the title ( Blades of Steel and Super Thunder Blade) were 25 and 24 blocks :p

Edit: @ supermario
Alright I'll post it in around an hour... I hope

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

@ Digiki
Wow! I really remember my taking about 25 blocks or so. When I downloaded Sonic 2, Wii shop said it would take 92 blocks, but it only uses 30 or so. Anyway I think you will like SB. Its a cool game wait till you see the fully powered blue laser. Its cool! Also I here Final Soldier is a little easier. I will download it later and post my impressions under the games thread. Hope you enjoy Soldier Blade

Digiki

Digiki said:

The channel said 99 when I went to download it and I went from 398 to 299.

Anyways I played for 21 minutes, got to the first boss in Operation 2 twice but got beat, then did the 2 and 5 minute modes one each. I must say I had a blast, and it could be the best VC experience I've had so far except for LoZ:OoT, so if the rest of the game is nearly as much fun as what I've had so far it's an easy 5 stars. Anyways thanks again for the suggestions.

Adamant

Adamant said:

Yeah, there seems to be some sort of bug there. My Wii demanded I have 100 free blocks or so when downloading Ninja Spirit, despite it only taking 20 or so.

classicmike

classicmike said:

@ Digiki: I'll only be on for and hour and a half because I have school tomorrow (I have to wake up early because the school is far away). On another note: I really hate those friend codes, they make online playing less fun than playing multiplayer on Xbox 360 and PS3, why did Nintendo have to make friend codes?

said:

@ Mickeymac:

Thanks a bunch!

@ Classicmike:

I got your code for Brawl. I'll add you, and then you can add me too. Here is my friend code: 3308-5725-1790. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Thanks!

Digiki

Digiki said:

Sorry Mike I went on for a few minutes then went to bed because I have school too. But 'll probably go on a few hours earlier today.

Ricardo91 said:

I'd add you guys, but I'm too busy w/ school to do so. I'll get my homework done earlier so I can make the time. All the people I added so far from the exchange forum are never on. :P

@Mickeymac. heh heh heh! <rubs hands together>

said:

Okay, so I added Digiki, Mr. Cheez, Mickeymac, and Classicmike! Make sure you guys add me too, I put my friend code on this page. Thanks!

Ricardo91 said:

I added Mickeymac, Digiki, Badknux, and some guy named Jellybeans. I'll add you in a second, Classicmike.

@Classicmike. I hate 'em too, but alas, they're a necessary evil. :P

Ricardo91 said:

you can call me ROSS! (my real name), since that's the name I use. Or you can just call me "Ross" or "Cheez", whichever floats your boat.

Edit: I called you guys "BKnux" and "CMike", respectively. You know, in case you're curious. :P

@Badknux. Whatever happened to Goodsonic? :P

classicmike

classicmike said:

@ Everyone that has my friend code: Hey, do you want to get a macth together tonight? I'm up for a match at 9:30 EDT? Just let me know.

Ricardo91 said:

@Classicmike. Go to last week's European release article ( the one with Doremi Fantasy and Ys). I have a link to a Brawl Friend Code exchange forum near the bottom of the page, so you can go there and see my friend code.

said:

What happened to Goodsonic? I don't know,I haven't seen him in thirty years. But who knows, he might be returning very soon (hint, hint)!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@classicmike

My code is 3823-8201-7790, and just call me "Mac". Oh, and I'm up for a Brawl, too!

Edit: Oh wait, is 9:30 EDT, that was 4 hours ago! I thought you said talking about the West coast.

said:

We should try and get together this saturday, all five of us (Digiki, Mickeymac, Classicmike, Mr. Cheez, and...me). And as for what time, kind of tricky with the time zone thing. I'm in Pacific Zone. What about you dudes?

timp29

timp29 said:

guys, cant you use the forums or msn each other or something? the last 20 odd messages have been organising a match.

classicmike

classicmike said:

@ Badknux: Well I have 2 see if i'll be free to play a match. Its on Saturday, right? Well i'm in the Eastern Time zone if you want to know.

Ricardo91 said:

Hey classic mike, have you registered me yet? I checked my friend roster and it says you're still awaiting registration.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I don't know if anybody cares, but I just registered classicmike, Badknux, Mickymac, and Mr. Cheez in Brawl. My friend code is 5456-1993-8111. You can list me as Stuff (short for Stuffgamer1, my Gamertag and PSNID), STG1 (my actual Brawl profile name), Zack (my actual first name:P), it doesn't really matter. I'd like to see how Wi-fi matches really work (I'd think no chat would suck, but who knows?). But those were the only friend codes I could find semi-easily. See you in Brawl?

Digiki

Digiki said:

@Stuff
Here's mine 0387- 8467- 4163
I'll add you

Oh BTW everyone it doesn't matter what you list people as because when the 2 people have each other registered it'll just display the players chosen name.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'm going with timp29 on this one, I think it might be a good idea to use the Forum, especially since they have a chat box( good for organizing matches), as well as two threads for friend code exchanges.

Edit: I added Stuffgamer1 too.

Ricardo91 said:

I too agree with Timp29 that the whole friend code exchange thing is a waste of space here, and is better off to the exchange forum, but I was too lazy to add the link a second time, so I just went with everyone else. :P

@Stuffgamer. Alright, I'll add you too.

said:

Then its agreed, we'll start using the forum for these kinds of discussions.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Badknux

Oi.

You know, maybe I will get Final Soldier. I was planning on getting SamSho2 and SMRPG, but then I heard SamSho2 just came out on Xbox Live, and it includes online multiplayer, and since I plan on getting one of those things by Christmas, I don't think I want to buy the same thing twice( three times if you count the Anthology). So, I might as well get the other game I was looking forward to.

Digiki

Digiki said:

Oh I just checked on the data menus and saw that Soldier Blade is 27 blocks, but on the shop it did say 99 blocks as well as substracting 99 blocks when saying how many blocks I had

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@classicmike: I stated that I'd already added you, and you decided to re-post your friend code so I could add you. Hilarious! XD

I don't know how much I'm actually going to use it, though. I played a couple of random Wi-fi Connection matches the other day, and the lag is still HORRIBLE! Is Nintendo using some weird or outdated internet technology or something? All I know for sure is that I don't have that kind of consistent lag with my Xbox 360 or PS3. Or Mario Kart Wii, come to think of it. Maybe they just couldn't figure out how to program Brawl for Wi-fi. :P

anime_guy

anime_guy said:

Cho Aniki will definitely disturbed me if i were younger but now i welcome any rare obscure games that never came outside of japan. Keep it coming i say!

classicmike

classicmike said:

@ Stuffgamer1: I guess I read it so fast that I didn't notice that you wrote my name as one of the people that you added! That's funny!

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Hey, I remember this thread when I was Super Sonic. It's too bad I can't delete those posts now, due to my original account being banned.

Oh well, this piece of news had the funniest comments.