Forums

Topic: Your Guess as to this year's surprise E3 Wii U Announcement(s)

Posts 141 to 160 of 448

Haru17

Grumblevolcano wrote:

You see the problem is that outside of Monster Hunter and Mario Party, there's pretty much nothing in terms of new games outside of the 3DS ports until May and that's considering from the start of the year at January 1st. If you like Monster Hunter then that isn't a problem for 3DS as the lifespan is absolutely huge otherwise the lineup looks very pathetic.

This is where DLC plays a hugely important role. MK8 and Smash, the 2 most popular Wii U games has new content which extends those games that the extension is dependent on the person. For me Mewtwo extended Smash by about 2 hours max, 200cc and MK8 pack 2 however will extend MK8 by at least a few hundred hours.

Why count Mario Party ahead of Kirby? I mean, both were flawed, but Mario Party... ugh. Anyway, the Wii U can be played near infinitely with local friends, thanks to Smash and Mario Kart, but outside of that it depends heavily on how far through the back catalogue you are (and how much you are willing to play 2D platformers).

And Monster Hunter is a Skyrim-sized game, though very different from Skyrim. White people just haven't realized it yet because white people still think it's a Korean MMO (literally what ignorant people say).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

Haru17 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

You see the problem is that outside of Monster Hunter and Mario Party, there's pretty much nothing in terms of new games outside of the 3DS ports until May and that's considering from the start of the year at January 1st. If you like Monster Hunter then that isn't a problem for 3DS as the lifespan is absolutely huge otherwise the lineup looks very pathetic.

This is where DLC plays a hugely important role. MK8 and Smash, the 2 most popular Wii U games has new content which extends those games that the extension is dependent on the person. For me Mewtwo extended Smash by about 2 hours max, 200cc and MK8 pack 2 however will extend MK8 by at least a few hundred hours.

Why count Mario Party ahead of Kirby? I mean, both were flawed, but Mario Party... ugh. Anyway, the Wii U can be played near infinitely with local friends, thanks to Smash and Mario Kart, but outside of that it depends heavily on how far through the back catalogue you are (and how much you are willing to play 2D platformers).

And Monster Hunter is a Skyrim-sized game, though very different from Skyrim. White people just haven't realized it yet because white people still think it's a Korean MMO (literally what ignorant people say).

I didn't mention Kirby simply because it's not out yet in Europe (I'm from the UK). Mario Party 10 has been the only retail Wii U title released in 2015 until 8th May which is pretty pathetic. Captain Toad came out in many places mid December so I'm not counting that as a 2015 release. Codename STEAM is also a May release so of course the 3DS lineup is hugely relying on ports and Monster Hunter.

That said, Europe has much better lineup than NA surrounding E3 season (May-July) with Yoshi's Woolly World coming to NA at fall for some unknown reason. It feels like E3 will be Smash focused again because of Lucas as well as the stage and character rumours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

@UGXWolf Well let's see. Here's how last year's Digital Event broke down:

Introduction and Opening sketch- 1 minute
Iwata vs. Reggie trailer- 2 minutes (shows off Mii Fighters and Amiibo)
Smash- 5 minutes (Mii Fighters and 3DS alternate modes trailer)
Amiibo details- 5 minutes
Yoshi's Woolly World- 5 minutes (developer interview and gameplay)
Captain Toad- 1 minute (gameplay trailer)
Zelda- 3 minutes (Aonuma interview and tech demo)
ORAS- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Bayonetta 2- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Hyrule Warriors- 3 minutes (developer interview and gameplay)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse- 1 minute (gameplay trailer)
Xenoblade Chronicles X- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Mario Maker- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Splatoon- 6 minutes (developer interview, gameplay, and gameplay trailer)
Conclusion- 2 minutes
Smash Palutena reveal trailer- 3 minutes
Starfox teaser- 1 minute
Total- 46 minutes

How much coverage each game seems to depend mostly on how long it takes them to explain each of those games, but it also depends on which games they want to emphasize, Smash and Amiibo were definitely the focus in this presentation.

I'm guessing they'll do another Treehouse stream, since that was well received last year, which means they can take a similar approach and focus on explaining the gameplay and showing trailers. So here's how the time would probably break down:

Loyalty program- 5-10 minutes (detailing what it is, how it works, and what the rewards are)
Star Fox- 3 minutes (developer interview and gameplay)
Project Giant Robot- 1 minute (gameplay trailer)
Project Guard- 1 minute (gameplay trailer)
SMT X FE- 3 minutes (gameplay trailer and developer interview)
Devil's Third- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Mario Maker- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Yoshi's Woolly World- 3 minutes (gameplay trailer and new mechanics)
Xenoblade Chronicles X- 2 minutes (localization trailer)
Project Treasure- 3 minutes (developer interview and gameplay)
Fire Emblem If- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Total: 27-32 minutes

That's a little over half of the time they spent last year. Now here's some of the announcements I'm expecting:

Pokken Wii U version- 1 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Animal Crossing U- 3 minutes (developer interview and gameplay)
WarioWare 3DS- 2 minutes (gameplay trailer)
Mario sports U- 3 minutes
Next Level's game- 3-5 minutes (interview and gameplay, time depends on what game they're working on)
Total- 39-46 minutes

So they may have time for a few more announcements if they're quick enough, but at this point it's around the same length as last year's Digital Event, so they're kind of pushing it after that.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ClassicJetterz

I'd like a Story of Seasons on Wii U...but we'll see.

Honestly, if I can count game announcements I'm excited about on more than one hand, I'll be happy.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike You are aware there's no actual limit on how long Nintendo can go, right? If they were doing a proper presentation, yeah, but if it's another Direct, it can be as long or as short as they want it to be.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I think there's bound to be Smash present, even if it's something like a Roy or Wolf trailer and a release date for DLC amiibo. Probably not an opener though as that could alienate fans thinking no new games are coming.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Bolt_Strike I think there's bound to be Smash present, even if it's something like a Roy or Wolf trailer and a release date for DLC amiibo. Probably not an opener though as that could alienate fans thinking no new games are coming.

It'd probably be a Ryu trailer. That's a much bigger announcement. They'd also probably say that Lucas is available after the presentation.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

@UGXWolf True, but other factors like marketing do limit what they can show. They're not going to be foolish enough to blow all of their heavy hitters a year before they're even on the market, then they've effectively killed the hype for 2016. They have enough to tide people over for the next year, they don't need to show off anything past next Spring.

@Grumblevolcano Probably a short trailer and release date (I agree that it'll probably be an "after the presentation" deal).

As for the opener, it's probably going to be either the loyalty program or Starfox, something that we're already anticipating but we don't have a lot of details on.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Starmantra2000

Again, this straddles the line between what I think they should do, and what I predict:

A much bigger focus on the virtual console.. A Gamecube reveal would be welcome, increased gamecube adapter manufacturing too. Perhaps even a bundle? A gamecube adapter, controller and download code for a game?

I've always thought the VC was a rough diamond, it's brilliant but there's not enough content and a lot of non-nintendo, or ex-nintendo gamers aren't even aware it exists. If they showed a quick 2 minute montage of unannounced N64/DS and Gamecube titles coming to the system, followed by a new wave of adapters, controllers and bundles - it would surely spark a lot of interest.

Starmantra2000

kkslider5552000

Starmantra2000 wrote:

Again, this straddles the line between what I think they should do, and what I predict:

A much bigger focus on the virtual console

At E3? No, there is no line, you went with what you want and ran AS FAR AWAY from that line as you could.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinChocolate

Retro Studios, Next Level Games. They got stuff. Probably Metroid and a sports type of game from them

NinChocolate

kyuubikid213

I would like to...hazard a guess...that Nintendo will announce...a game that we've not previously heard of or provide more information on a game we have heard of only briefly. They will announce it with...trailers and possibly early beta gameplay. If we're lucky...we'll also get...a release time-frame.

Yeah. There we go. Oh yeah, this game will also be available for...a console or two...made by Nintendo.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

erv

Mother 3.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

kyuubikid213

erv wrote:

Mother 3.

That'd be funny for me because I just bought a Mother 3 (English Fan Translation) Cart at a convention recently.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Blast

Whoa, whoa. Are Project Guard and Project Giant Robot really games for Wii U?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

nitrolink

@Blast

Yes, Project Robot/Guard are real games, but I have a feeling that they will release bundled together. My idea is Nintendoland 2 or something.

Edited on by nitrolink

nitrolink

Haiassai

munchakoopas wrote:

Completely out of left field/shot in the dark...... Nintendo/Squenix collab on a remake or sequel to Super Mario RPG

Yes? Please?

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@erv @Nintenbomba128 Given the Roy in Smash rumours, I think the Mother 3 predictions don't seem as unlikely. Why release Roy and Lucas in Smash? Promote the official English translations of Binding Blade and Mother 3 seems a fair reason.

Grumblevolcano

Marshi

I have a feeling Retro will be revealing a new game. My hopes are on Metriod prime 4 but realistically i think we will get a new Donkey Kong. Perhaps a 3d Donkey Kong like DK64? makes sense to me. Nintendo just released DK64 and delayed its one big xmas hope(zelda). A 3d Dk would appease people who want a 3d mario and Dk is comercial enough to warrent hype.

Of course, this being Nintendo E3 could just as easily be filled with party games and super gardening Wii u adventure or something else equally rediculous

Marshi

Nintendo Network ID: Marshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.