Forums

Topic: Your Guess as to this year's surprise E3 Wii U Announcement(s)

Posts 121 to 140 of 448

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike that's exactly why they should show something that's got a little more hype time. You said it yourself! 2015 is already loaded with games that HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANNOUNCED! Coming to E3 and bringing nothing new is hype train suicide. Niw more than ever, Nintendo NEEDS that hype. If they can get hype for a new Marii that plays like 64, they could potentially save the Wii U to some degree. "A new Zelda AND a new Mario?! Coming next year?! And they're both open world?! I need to get in on this!!" The presentation will still obviously prioritize the next twelve months of Nintendo-based gaming, but there's no reason they couldn't or shouldn't bring something big that's sitting off in the distance. A new Metroid, a bew Mario, a new anything that will bring the hype. This is potentially Nintendo's last chance to make the Wii U really shine, so they'd better do it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

unrandomsam

They should just make sure they actually deliver anything they promise this time. Up to now 2015 has been completely barren despite what was promised last time.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Haru17

unrandomsam wrote:

They should just make sure they actually deliver anything they promise this time. Up to now 2015 has been completely barren despite what was promised last time.

Not on 3DS...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

unrandomsam

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Not on 3DS...

Codename S.T.E.A.M would have made things quite a bit better but I don't have it due to being in the EU. (And I have no interest in ports of games I have already played).

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

@Bolt_Strike that's exactly why they should show something that's got a little more hype time. You said it yourself! 2015 is already loaded with games that HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANNOUNCED! Coming to E3 and bringing nothing new is hype train suicide. Niw more than ever, Nintendo NEEDS that hype. If they can get hype for a new Marii that plays like 64, they could potentially save the Wii U to some degree. "A new Zelda AND a new Mario?! Coming next year?! And they're both open world?! I need to get in on this!!" The presentation will still obviously prioritize the next twelve months of Nintendo-based gaming, but there's no reason they couldn't or shouldn't bring something big that's sitting off in the distance. A new Metroid, a bew Mario, a new anything that will bring the hype. This is potentially Nintendo's last chance to make the Wii U really shine, so they'd better do it.

Well of course they need to show off something new, we know nothing of the Spring 2016 lineup, and those games certainly need to be announced at E3. But between that and the Fall 2015 lineup they have more than enough to promote, and it would be foolish of them to show their hand for next year this soon, it cannibalizes the hype for the existing games and makes Nintendo too predictable going into next year.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

unrandomsam wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Not on 3DS...

Codename S.T.E.A.M would have made things quite a bit better but I don't have it due to being in the EU. (And I have no interest in ports of games I have already played).

Pffft, Codename Steam. No, I mean Monster Hunter of course. You know, the biggest AAA 3DS game since... I suppose the Zelda ports.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

mushroomer

My prediction is "The NEW Nintendo Wii U" also referred to as "The NEW U" dropping the wii name altogether. will be branded to match the new 3ds. and also will communicate with each other. eg. use the new 3ds as a controller for the new u.

okay okay, maybe they wont drop the wii but id really like to see the NEW branded wii u...

mushroomer

unrandomsam

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Not on 3DS...

Pffft, Codename Steam. No, I mean Monster Hunter of course. You know, the biggest AAA 3DS game since... I suppose the Zelda ports.

No interest - I would have bought it for the Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Not on 3DS...

You see the problem is that outside of Monster Hunter and Mario Party, there's pretty much nothing in terms of new games outside of the 3DS ports until May and that's considering from the start of the year at January 1st. If you like Monster Hunter then that isn't a problem for 3DS as the lifespan is absolutely huge otherwise the lineup looks very pathetic.

This is where DLC plays a hugely important role. MK8 and Smash, the 2 most popular Wii U games has new content which extends those games that the extension is dependent on the person. For me Mewtwo extended Smash by about 2 hours max, 200cc and MK8 pack 2 however will extend MK8 by at least a few hundred hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Juice-

I'm sadly the type of person that can play games and finish them extremely fast once I get a good grip of the controls and start making tactical strategies to advance throughout it as fast and efficiently as possible while still exploring everything the game has to offer. We really don't have anything for the 3DS announced, I've already beat MH3U and MH4U, not to mention I've completed every single Zelda game released on the 3DS 100% AS WELL as Pokemon ORAS just a few months after they released. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so smart so that I could play games and take MONTHS to beat them. It's odd that a new main Pokemon game hasn't been announced by now, they usually don't save Pokemon announcements for E3, could this be the first Pokemon game in a while that gets a lot of work done to it? Perhaps they're waiting until next year and the game will actually have quality content? Are they just waiting for the anniversary, or perhaps they're moving onto generation 7 next year?

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Grumblevolcano

@BlatantlyHeroic The Hoenn remakes were announced in early May last year so no info yet isn't particularly surprising. That said, I think not announcing anything until E3 would be best to prevent possible Splatoon disasters.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

unrandomsam

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I'm sadly the type of person that can play games and finish them extremely fast once I get a good grip of the controls and start making tactical strategies to advance throughout it as fast and efficiently as possible while still exploring everything the game has to offer. We really don't have anything for the 3DS announced, I've already beat MH3U and MH4U, not to mention I've completed every single Zelda game released on the 3DS 100% AS WELL as Pokemon ORAS just a few months after they released. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so smart so that I could play games and take MONTHS to beat them. It's odd that a new main Pokemon game hasn't been announced by now, they usually don't save Pokemon announcements for E3, could this be the first Pokemon game in a while that gets a lot of work done to it? Perhaps they're waiting until next year and the game will actually have quality content? Are they just waiting for the anniversary, or perhaps they're moving onto generation 7 next year?

Try Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures on Old School. Or 1001 Spikes. If that is still too easy then you will have to switch to PC and start playing stuff with permadeath.

Starmantra2000

I think a new 3D Mario is a possibility for Wii U, maybe 3DS, but then perhaps Mario Maker will be the big focus instead. So a new mario is 50/50.

We'll probably see a new Animal Crossing for Wii U.

Maybe a new F-Zero. All the F-Zero tracks, and the new 200cc mode in Mario Kart could Nintendo's way of easing more casual players into a new F-Zero game - it would make some sense because Mario Kart is a much bigger and better selling franchise, who better to try and market it too than the whole Mario Kart community?

Retro might have an original IP. But seeing as the Donkey Kong games sell better than a new IP would, and Metroid too, there's a possibility Retro might be working on a new DK game, if I had to guess . . . Diddy Kong Racing 2.

but I doubt Nintendo would want to split up their communities with a lot of racing games . . . so I dunno.

Now on to what SHOULD be revealed. A new mainline Pokemon for the Wii U. That's the only thing that could really save the system at this point. The Wii U could last for another 12-18 months as it stands now. But a Pokemon game could really move units and keep it going for a few years. Nintendo are very out of touch with the consumer, and the general fans, so it will be unlikely. I just wish some times Microsoft or Sony owned the rights to some Nintendo franchises. They're more in touch and on the ball . . .

Starmantra2000

GrailUK

I think Retro will reveal what they are working on. They have had experience in atmospheric 1st person gaming, so maybe they will show a Geist game.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

nitrolink

Nintendo is showing 8 already-announced Wii U games at E3 2015. I'm not getting my hopes up for newly-announced Wii U games releasing this year. We're all used to game delays by now.

nitrolink

UGXwolf

@Starmantra2000 Again, that's not really Nintendo's call to make. Nintendo doesn't actually have control over the Poke'mon franchise, hence why it's so difficult to get Pikachu into Smash (according to Sakurai). Granted that Poke'mon is a bit of a legal mess, but even if Nintendo does have the power to force a console version of Poke'mon, They've never been the type of company to do something like that. They don't really force their teams to do anything they don't want to do, so it really comes down to whether or not Game Freak wants to put a main-series Poke'mon on a console, and I think they've made it pretty clear that they don't. Besides that, there's really nothing that could "save the Wii U" at this point. At least not completely. Maybe make it sell a bit better. Maybe reach that magical 20mil, but nothing that will make the Wii U a sudden success.

@rferrari24 Uhh... Yoshi, Star Fox, XCX... SMTxFE?... Umm... Devil's Third???... Uh... Mario Maker... Possibly Fatal Frame V? Ummm... ... I got nuthin. Pretty sure Nintendo has plenty of room to throw in another game or two. Especially if they're talking about a game that doesn't need much new info. Star Fox will probably be a focal point, three or four of these might get trailers, but that only covers maybe twenty minutes, depending on how they do it.

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

@Starmantra2000 Again, that's not really Nintendo's call to make. Nintendo doesn't actually have control over the Poke'mon franchise, hence why it's so difficult to get Pikachu into Smash (according to Sakurai). Granted that Poke'mon is a bit of a legal mess, but even if Nintendo does have the power to force a console version of Poke'mon, They've never been the type of company to do something like that. They don't really force their teams to do anything they don't want to do, so it really comes down to whether or not Game Freak wants to put a main-series Poke'mon on a console, and I think they've made it pretty clear that they don't. Besides that, there's really nothing that could "save the Wii U" at this point. At least not completely. Maybe make it sell a bit better. Maybe reach that magical 20mil, but nothing that will make the Wii U a sudden success.

Nintendo actually has quite a bit of control over Pokemon spinoffs. They do own a majority of the IP, licensing is just controlled by a subsidiary (this is likely what makes getting Pikachu into smash a bit harder). This is why you see stuff like Pokemon Shuffle and Pokken Fighters.

Of course, GF has a lot more control over the main series, which is probably why the main series has more anti-consumer than anything Nintendo puts out.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

UGXwolf

iKhan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Nintendo actually has quite a bit of control over Pokemon spinoffs. They do own a majority of the IP, licensing is just controlled by a subsidiary (this is likely what makes getting Pikachu into smash a bit harder). This is why you see stuff like Pokemon Shuffle and Pokken Fighters.

Of course, GF has a lot more control over the main series, which is probably why the main series has more anti-consumer than anything Nintendo puts out.

Yeah, I'm vaguely aware of that, but the second paragraph is more relevant to what we're talking about, which is a main series Poke'mon game on a console. And like I said, even if Nintendo HAS the power to make it happen, they wouldn't use it. Nintendo's not really like that with their developers.

nitrolink

@UGXwolf
I'm just saying that we already know about a lot of Wii U games. I'm not getting my hopes up for more 2015 game announcements, especially given Nintendo's long development times. 2016 game announcements are very likely.

2015 Wii U releases: Art Academy, Yoshi, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, Devils Third, Fatal Frame, Project Robot/Guard, Star Fox

Nintendo only released 8 Wii U retail games last year: Wii Fit U, Tropical Freeze, MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Wii U, Captain Toad, and NES Remix.

Edited on by nitrolink

nitrolink

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.