Forums

Topic: Your Guess as to this year's surprise E3 Wii U Announcement(s)

Posts 161 to 180 of 448

kkslider5552000

Marshi wrote:

I have a feeling Retro will be revealing a new game. My hopes are on Metriod prime 4 but realistically i think we will get a new Donkey Kong.

I honestly doubt that. I mean, you might thinks so since Donkey Kong Country Returns was a MASSIVE hit, way more than the Prime games. But Tropical Freeze, even all things considered about the Wii U, just kinda disappointed sales-wise. Between that, and that fans rejected the game initially for not being Metroid, and that they said they mainly made it for the ideas they couldn't do in the last game, I really doubt we'll see them make another one.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

nitrolink

Hopefully Next Level Games is releasing Luigis Mansion for Wii U this year. I'm not a big fan of Mario Strikers or Punch Out.

nitrolink

jump

rferrari24 wrote:

Hopefully Next Level Games is releasing Luigis Mansion for Wii U this year. I'm not a big fan of Mario Strikers or Punch Out.

I'd rather they worked on a different IP, perhaps even rebooting that Metroid game idea they are working on.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

nitrolink

@arronishere

The rumor is that Next Level Games is developing a Wii U game. Given how terrible the Wii U is selling, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will play it safe and order them to develop a sequel game rather than a new IP that requires a ton of marketing to sell.

nitrolink

veeflames

A new Wii U revision.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

There's no reason to assume that Retro is doing a Metroid title. I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just saying that they could be doing anything. It doesn't have to be Metroid.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Megas75

Wii Music U

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

There's no reason to assume that Retro is doing a Metroid title. I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just saying that they could be doing anything. It doesn't have to be Metroid.

Then who do you think is? Next Level? One of Nintendo's internal teams? Someone else? Obviously someone is.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

SuperWiiU

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Then who do you think is? Next Level? One of Nintendo's internal teams? Someone else? Obviously someone is.

And obviously it's Retro.

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Someone MAY BE. Nintendo hasn't specified that a Metroid game has even passed initial stages of development, and even if it has, it could literally be anyone. Retro may be working on it, yes. But maybe it's not their main project at this time. Or perhaps it's not a Nintendo team at all. Maybe they're giving Namco a go at the franchise. Or perhaps Platinum (though considering the common theory is that Platinum is on board with Star Fox, that may not be so realistic... or maybe that's just a stepping stone. Who knows?)

SuperWiiU

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Someone MAY BE. Nintendo hasn't specified that a Metroid game has even passed initial stages of development, and even if it has, it could literally be anyone. Retro may be working on it, yes. But maybe it's not their main project at this time. Or perhaps it's not a Nintendo team at all. Maybe they're giving Namco a go at the franchise. Or perhaps Platinum (though considering the common theory is that Platinum is on board with Star Fox, that may not be so realistic... or maybe that's just a stepping stone. Who knows?)

People who have lines inside Retro and Nintendo have mentioned or hinted that Retro is working on Metroid, Nintendo has said that they are working on a new Metroid and Retro studios(who made Prime1-3) has been working on a new game for a number of years so to me it is very likely it's Retro that is working on it. Whatever they're working on, I hope it'll be out within a year from now.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

UGXwolf

A lot of people say a lot of things about Nintendo. Word of mouth means nothing, especially this far down the line.

Secondly, Miyamoto said that they were in early planning stages for Metroid. Not that they were already working on one. We take that to mean their planning stages already ended because it's been over a year since that came up, but we have no confirmation.

Finally, of course Retro has bern working on something new. They haven't just been twiddling their thumbs for fourteen months. However, that does not mean it's a new Metroid by any stretch of the imagination.

Please understand me on this. I'm not against a new Metroid game. I'm just sick of people treating Retro like the Metroid Company. People moaned and groaned and wrote off Tropical Freeze simply because it wasn't another Metroid, when DK deserved a sequel more, anyways and it just so happened to be one of the best Platformers I've ever played. Possibly THE best one I've ever played! Metroid IS coming, but I see no reason to think it'll be Retro doing it when it seems pretty clear Retro wants to do their own thing and not what the fans want them to do.

TuVictus

Metroid is pretty likely. They stated that before Tropical Freeze, they were offered Metroid or DK again. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that once they were done with DK, they started work on the other option that they passed on.

TuVictus

iKhan

I have a bad feeling that Next Level is working on a Mario Sports game. Frankly I don't give a crap about the Mario Sports series. When I play a sports game, I want to play as my favorite pro players, not Mario and the gang. Sports games are, in part, simulators where you play an omniscient controller of every cog in a team, and Mario sports games miss that. I want to call plays, construct a team, run a franchise, etc.

I would much rather see Next Level do something new and bold.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Please understand me on this. I'm not against a new Metroid game. I'm just sick of people treating Retro like the Metroid Company. People moaned and groaned and wrote off Tropical Freeze simply because it wasn't another Metroid, when DK deserved a sequel more, anyways and it just so happened to be one of the best Platformers I've ever played. Possibly THE best one I've ever played! Metroid IS coming, but I see no reason to think it'll be Retro doing it when it seems pretty clear Retro wants to do their own thing and not what the fans want them to do.

I don't care if they become the Metroid Company. And frankly after working on DKCR, they're not anyway. But Metroid is frankly overdue for a Wii U game since it's the perfect IP to use the Gamepad for, and they did very little with DK to make their choice worthwhile so it feels like an injustice (and it makes Retro look foolish since gameplay potential was the reason they stated for choosing DK over Metroid).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

I have a bad feeling that Next Level is working on a Mario Sports game. Frankly I don't give a crap about the Mario Sports series. When I play a sports game, I want to play as my favorite pro players, not Mario and the gang. Sports games are, in part, simulators where you play an omniscient controller of every cog in a team, and Mario sports games miss that. I want to call plays, construct a team, run a franchise, etc.

I would much rather see Next Level do something new and bold.

I wouldn't mind a new series, but I've little faith in Next Level after Dark Moon. In my opinion that didn't translate Luigi's Mansion to handheld at all. I mean, they made it dang level-based of all things!

And honestly, I'd rather play Mario Strikers than Mario Party. The former, at least, was fun the last time it came out.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

I wouldn't mind another Mario Strikers, the first two were really good.

Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

But Tropical Freeze, even all things considered about the Wii U, just kinda disappointed sales-wise.

You sure about that? I bet you're confusing it with the first week sales, which I seem to remember were disappointing. It's sailed way past a million now though. I bet that's considered a big success for them!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I wouldn't mind another Mario Strikers, the first two were really good.

Soccer really isn't my piece of cake. I enjoy playing it in person, and that's it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

But Tropical Freeze, even all things considered about the Wii U, just kinda disappointed sales-wise.

You sure about that? I bet you're confusing it with the first week sales, which I seem to remember were disappointing. It's sailed way past a million now though. I bet that's considered a big success for them!

There's no data on Tropical Freeze's sales numbers aside from it selling 130,000 in its first week. I don't think the sales were that good, we'd have probably heard by now if they were.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.