Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,681 to 19,700 of 27,917

miiandmario

PKpunky wrote:

I hope they add some additional items to the stage builder. It's great that we can draw our own creations, but the items are lacking.

Also, I keep going back to the 3DS version to play on Magicant.

Yeah I was hoping to see it in hd.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Henmii

"The reason why this happen more in Smash, is because Smash doesn't use a "saving data" icon. Close the game using the home menu before turning off the machine, and you'll be fine"

If that is the reason for bricking, am I happy that I always take my time. I always go back to the start-screen before pressing the home-button and closing the game. That way I make sure that everything is properly saved!

Henmii

UGXwolf

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Game... rushed... underdeveloped? I'm so glad I wasn't drinking water when I was reading that or my computer would break from my spit. Seriously?! RUSHED?! How is game being worked on for THREE years rushed... or underdeveloped... and no the camera does not focus on first player only. Are you sure it focuses on first player only...

Very, very easily. This is an absolutely massive game. The fact that it hadn't even been three years since KI:U came out and development in Smash began is astounding, considering the sheer size and scope of this game. And I do mean both versions. There's soooo muuuuch coooonteeeeeent! It's insane! Play testing wasn't thorough enough, some of the design decisions are vaguely questionable, and I do have my share of moments where the set up rather irks me, but at no point do I stop and wonder if it was worth over $100. The game was still unquestionably rushed.

The good news is that this is a temporary problem. Patches will fix this game right up and most of our complaints will vanish. Until then, calling it under developed is fair. Just not entirely accurate. Bear in mind Zelda U has been in dev for about four years. By the time it launches, it will be five.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

Hey has anyone played on great cave offensive, palutenas temple, and temple in for fun online? Or were those taken out do to there size?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Rexcalibr

The lag has become so awful I haven't even been playing this anymore and sticking to Mario Kart 8.

When I first bought the game the lag was almost non existent but I guess since more people have been buying and playing it, it's gotten worse.

Rexcalibr

CapeSmash

Rexcalibr wrote:

The lag has become so awful I haven't even been playing this anymore and sticking to Mario Kart 8.

MK8 isn't even that good. Bad choice.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

That's a shame. How does the 3DS version run outside of Japan?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

jariw wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Off topic, but Nintendo are being really coy about a lot of things for next year. They still haven't really answered the question as to future DLC.

Sakurai has answered that question. It's just some Smash gamers that refuse to listen.

Okay, bad question maybe, and I'm sure the topic has been talked about to death in the weeks I wasn't using the forums. I won't bring it up unless something changes, but the comments he made recently made it seem like it was still being considered.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/20/super-smash-bros-wii-u-creato...

Oh well. Ill look at the topic as closed then.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

That's a shame. How does the 3DS version run outside of Japan?

I'm saying the game as a whole isn't that good. It's fun... but there's a lot of problems with it.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

jariw

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Game... rushed... underdeveloped? I'm so glad I wasn't drinking water when I was reading that or my computer would break from my spit. Seriously?! RUSHED?! How is game being worked on for THREE years rushed... or underdeveloped... and no the camera does not focus on first player only. Are you sure it focuses on first player only...

Since the whole game wasn't completed until release (sharing, tournaments, tourneys, Miiverse stage, etc will arrive in a later update), what would be your own term for it?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

JoyBoy

jariw wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Since the whole game wasn't completed until release (sharing, tournaments, tourneys, Miiverse stage, etc will arrive in a later update), what would be your own term for it?

Incomplete?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

UGXwolf

Spanjard wrote:

jariw wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Incomplete?

Isn't that synonymous with underdeveloped? Anyways, I feel this bit is unimportant. Yes, the game was incomplete. Yes, the game was hurried out to make certain sales opportunities. So what? It's still a great game, and the remaining bits that couldn't be finished on time will be released in a free patch. No strings attached. No DLC to give us things that should've been included from the start. Just clean, wholesome patches to finish out what the team was unable to complete on their first run.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

jariw wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Incomplete?

Isn't that synonymous with underdeveloped? Anyways, I feel this bit is unimportant. Yes, the game was incomplete. Yes, the game was hurried out to make certain sales opportunities. So what? It's still a great game, and the remaining bits that couldn't be finished on time will be released in a free patch. No strings attached. No DLC to give us things that should've been included from the start. Just clean, wholesome patches to finish out what the team was unable to complete on their first run.

As long as the patch isn't large in size (larger than the Mario Kart 8 DLC) I have no problems with the inclusions after launch rather than a delay. You really don't want to alienate 8GB Wii U players by forcing them to either play offline or get an external hard drive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

So PKSparkxx did his YouTube Smash Bash 2 and some of these matches are absolutely astounding! It's a very long video, so I'm going to post a link and some time codes, rather than expecting people to actually watch this whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqICWJ1iQvw

Pk vs. TheKing - Set starts at 1:29:50 (Match 2 is the interesting one)
JTails vs. LuckyTails - Set starts at 1:43:25 (Match 3 at 1:54:10 is the interesting one)
Pk vs. Varrest - Set starts at 2:12:25 (THIS IS A BIG ONE! IF YOU WATCH NOTHING ELSE, WATCH THIS!)
PK vs. LuckyTails - Set starts at 3:13:10 (Both matches are pretty good. Match one is more even and match two is more impressive.)
PK vs. SuperGirlKels - Set starts at 3:34:55 (A great match for anyone that wants to see some great Sonic play. Also, funny that it's the two main announcers meeting in the tournament.)
Really any match from this point on is worth watching. DEFINITELY watch the final set (5:32:30) because the first match has some absolutely perfect Sheik play.)

Fun fact, in this tournament, JTails and Wizzrobe fought each other in 14 separate matches. Double Elimination 3 out of 5 lulz.

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

So PKSparkxx did his YouTube Smash Bash 2 and some of these matches are absolutely astounding! It's a very long video, so I'm going to post a link and some time codes, rather than expecting people to actually watch this whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqICWJ1iQvw

Pk vs. TheKing - Set starts at 1:29:50 (Match 2 is the interesting one)
JTails vs. LuckyTails - Set starts at 1:43:25 (Match 3 at 1:54:10 is the interesting one)
Pk vs. Varrest - Set starts at 2:12:25 (THIS IS A BIG ONE! IF YOU WATCH NOTHING ELSE, WATCH THIS!)
PK vs. LuckyTails - Set starts at 3:13:10 (Both matches are pretty good. Match one is more even and match two is more impressive.)
PK vs. SuperGirlKels - Set starts at 3:34:55 (A great match for anyone that wants to see some great Sonic play. Also, funny that it's the two main announcers meeting in the tournament.)
Really any match from this point on is worth watching. DEFINITELY watch the final set (5:32:30) because the first match has some absolutely perfect Sheik play.)

Fun fact, in this tournament, JTails and Wizzrobe fought each other in 14 separate matches. Double Elimination 3 out of 5 lulz.

Wow thank you for this! I will watch part by part every now and then, seems like it would be a fun watch!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler No problem. Feel free to fanboy over any of the really awesome matches that happen here or there. Kinda interesting that it's customs open and they mostly stick to defaults. Guess it doesn't make sense to fix what worked before?

Personally, I'd LOVE to join this with a custom Ike, Ganondorf, Pac-man, and Shulk up my sleeve. Show that slow characters aren't truly useless.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler No problem. Feel free to fanboy over any of the really awesome matches that happen here or there. Kinda interesting that it's customs open and they mostly stick to defaults. Guess it doesn't make sense to fix what worked before?

Personally, I'd LOVE to join this with a custom Ike, Ganondorf, Pac-man, and Shulk up my sleeve. Show that slow characters aren't truly useless.

I think it's probably better to stick with normal moves (I don't though) because some tournaments are default, the online is default only too. I would take advantage of custom moves though... they are more fun to play with and can give you advantage...

I haven't seen everything yet, but has Bowser been used in there? I also agree about your statement about slow characters, I use 5 slow characters lol. Kind of weird how everyone prefer fast characters in tournaments.

The person that played as Sheik against Diddy Kong in the last match... wow

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Hm, speaking of tournaments. The offline/online tournament modes... I wonder if it will have custom moves option (well most likely for offline, but what about online?) Am I the only one that thinks team tournaments should be possible as well?

Pootypie

Captain_Toad

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Hm, speaking of tournaments. The offline/online tournament modes... I wonder if it will have custom moves option (well most likely for offline, but what about online?) Am I the only one that thinks team tournaments should be possible as well?

Heh, There's a 95% chance of this happening. Mario kart 8 has pretty much total freedom about how you done things.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

PokeMario

Question: Is the Smash Bros. game that comes in the bundle with the Gamecube controller any different than buying the game separate, as in there being any special unlockable or something in it? Reason is my friend didn't buy the Gamecube controller bundle and wants the bundle, but he wants the game now. He was planning on getting the game now, then getting the bundle later when he can find it and just returning the game that came inside the bundle, still sealed with plastic since he would have already opened the one he originally bought.

PokeMario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic