Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,701 to 19,720 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler That's why you organize tournaments on the web and handle them via friend lists. At least for now. Also, I think the Tournament mode will have total freedom with rules. Why would you only want For Glory tournaments?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

crimsoncavalier

Has anyone seen the tier lists where Diddy Kong is considered the best fighter? I'm not a very competitive Smash player, but this is something that I really didn't expect.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler That's why you organize tournaments on the web and handle them via friend lists. At least for now. Also, I think the Tournament mode will have total freedom with rules. Why would you only want For Glory tournaments?

I don't only want For Glory tournaments lol

@PKNoUsernameHere that guy got so many supporters

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler That was a general "you" not a specific one. X3 I was saying it would be odd to only have Glorious Tournaments when there's no way that's all everyone wants.

@crimsoncavalier Its mostly the combination of being strong and quick and the amazing back throw that practically guarantees a kill at any kind of serious damage. (I was told 90% but on who?)

Edited on by UGXwolf

MasterWario

Kongo Jungle is my favorite for sure, but after that I really just play stages for the music.

Norfair is my least favorite stage ever. I cannot stand those tiny platforms slightly stacked on top of each other like that. Absolutely infuriating!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

NintendoFan64

Hm...Duck Hunt, Onett, Mario Galaxy, Wuhu Island, Windy Hill Zone, Pac Land, Mushroom Kingdom U, Kongo Jungle, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Pilot Wings, Great Cave Offensive, Wooly World, Mario Circuit, Port Town Aero Dive, Orbital Gate Assault, Skyloft, Temple, Town and City, and I think that's about it...I THINK.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

I love Port Town Aero Dive from Brawl, but I'm currently angry with it for all the All-Star runs it has ended because of those frickin' cars!

Grumblevolcano

I really like most of the stages though my overall favourite would have to be Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8) because it takes advantage of the special antigravity feature from Mario Kart 8 in a very fun way and the music from that game is fantastic. Honorable mentions goes to Yoshi's Woolly World for being based on a game that isn't released yet of which it is the one in 2015 I'm most looking forward too.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaStoneSmash91

I like most of the stages, too, and I haven't really used the Omega forms yet either. I used them sometimes in the 3DS version, though, so I think I just like the stages better on the Wii U version. They seem less.....annoying. I do wish more stages were available for 8 players since the selection eliminates a lot of the ones I like. Also, I've always thought Jungle Hijinxs seemed perfect for 8 players with the dual-plane concept, but nope. Perhaps some of the stages just can't handle 8 players in addition to the various effects or hazards they may have.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Octane

So.. I caved in, and bought myself SSBU. It should arrive tomorrow.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Pootypie

Octane wrote:

So.. I caved in, and bought myself SSBU. It should arrive tomorrow.

You did the best decision of your life.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Nintendo6400

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Hm, speaking of tournaments. The offline/online tournament modes... I wonder if it will have custom moves option (well most likely for offline, but what about online?) Am I the only one that thinks team tournaments should be possible as well?

I hope so. A lot of the people I play smash with hate customs. Also I hope for a ton of freedom with the online tournaments such as making a special smash tourney. I really wish they would a make custom online portion for for fun and glory. For fun could allow custom moves and equipment while for glory only allows custom moves.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

KryptoniteKrunch

Hey folks I have two questions regarding how to do the "Defeat 8 characters in Cruel Smash" and "Survive 1 minute(?) with Luigi in Cruel Smash" Challenges. Any pointers/tips would be awesome. Or should I just use one of my hammers on one if not both?

Normally I would use Kirby or Yoshi and use their Down B specials in multi-man Smashes but I get kicked around too much in Cruel Smash for that to be an effective strat imo.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Pootypie

Nintendo6400 wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Hm, speaking of tournaments. The offline/online tournament modes... I wonder if it will have custom moves option (well most likely for offline, but what about online?) Am I the only one that thinks team tournaments should be possible as well?

I hope so. A lot of the people I play smash with hate customs. Also I hope for a ton of freedom with the online tournaments such as making a special smash tourney. I really wish they would a make custom online portion for for fun and glory. For fun could allow custom moves and equipment while for glory only allows custom moves.

I don't understand why no custom moves for online for glory. It won't make the match more unfair because each has downsides so if balance it out. Hopefully they allow customs online soon...

@KryptoKrunch there is also do 8 in cruel as Lucina, so just use her counter it's easy. Go off the stage then grab to ledge hoping for miis to bunch up then do dodge then counter then repeat.

Pootypie

Blast

I'm honestly surprised and happy Smash Wii U didn't bomb in Japan

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler That's a quick and fairly ineffective strat. Lucina's range isn't that great so unless they're really bunched up, at least one will likely survive, putting you in serious trouble. That's also assuming they decide to all come tot he edge, cause in my experience, they don't like to do that. One or two tends to fall back and wait for you. On top of that, you'll be vulnerable for less than a second between the roll and the counter, but that's enough for them to interrupt you. If you only needed four kills, I'd consider this a reliable strategy, but you need eight, so I'd suggest using GameXplain's strategy, as while it's slower, it's more effective.

@KryptoKrunch Don't use a hammer. You have to do 8 cruel Miis as Lucina, and if I remember correctly, you can't skip that one, so there's no point skipping the other 8 cruel Miis, since you'll get both when you do it with Lucina. So, instead, here's what you do. First off, select Lucina (obviously). Then when the match starts IMMEDIATELY run off the right side of the stage and grab the ledge. When you see a few of them bunch up near the edge of the stage or if one looks like they're read to attack, drop down and to the right and then jump up into this little square cut-out area and use your up-B. If done right, you'll do a little damage to the Mii's on the stage and sweet spot the ledge, keeping any stragglers from attacking you (hopefully. Sometimes they will get in that lucky down tilt, but it's very uncommon.) If you keep doing this, you'll rack up some damage rather quick, and occasionally knock someone off in your direction, leading to an easy kill. GameXplain has a video explaining this very tactic:

I found one extra trick, though, to speed this process up a little. If you do Lucina's side-B to the right just after you drop (one hit), you'll have time to get up to the square and up-B to sweet spot the ledge (sometimes you'll miss the sweet spot doing this, but not usually.) Because Lucina is now facing right, you're FAR more likely to get the Miis to fly off to the right. I usually do this when most of the Miis are at 100% or higher so I can be sure they won't likely recover.

As for the Luigi challenge, I've heard people suggest a few tricks, but I found that just ledge camping and ledge attacking to get them off my back was effective enough. You just have to be careful as to when you ledge attack. They can nail you when you're not prepared for it. GameXplain has a video on this, too. I didn't watch it, though, so if my strategy doesn't cut it for you, here's theirs:

Huh. Just watched it. Seems they pretty much said what I said. I guess you get a video representation this way.

NintendoFan64

Okay, I think I'll go ahead and post what I love and...not hate, but just some things that irk me about the game.
Love:
-The roster is huge.
-The stages are creative.
-Stage Builder is a lot better now than in Brawl.
-I love the drawing tool.
-The soundtrack is amazing.
-I love Crazy Orders.
-The online is a big improvement over Brawl's. There is some lag every now and then, but it's a rare occasion.
Things that irk me:
-You can't do 8-Player Smash on Custom stages. The small and medium ones I can understand, but the big ones!?
-It would've been nice if in the co-op events you could have player 2 controlled by a CPU or an amiibo for when you don't have a buddy to play with.
-I HATE Smash Tour.
So overall, this game was well worth the wait.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic