Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,661 to 19,680 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Hey, just a quick question: Anyone else think some of the choices for 8-player smash stages are a bit...questionable? Like oh, say, Kong Jungle?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Sean_Aaron

This game does baffle me a bit: needlessly obtuse menu screens (took ages to figure out how to get a team game going), funky controls and action that's so fast half the time I can't even tell which character I'm using (and that's without the giant playfields). Still no regrets as the one person I thought would be hard to convince, my daughter, is playing this to the exclusion of all else. She was a really hard sell at first (describing it and showing her videos), but the trophy collecting and pokemon presence has her hooked. We've got three amiibos levelled-up and they can all kick our butts.

I can see firing this up from time to time, but mostly I'll be playing it with my kid and being Nintendo, I guess that's how it should be!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

MasterWario

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Hey, just a quick question: Anyone else think some of the choices for 8-player smash stages are a bit...questionable? Like oh, say, Kong Jungle?

Kongo Jungle (64) is the best stage for 8-player Smash, imo.

On a somewhat related note, Temple is still way too big, even in 8-player Smash. XD

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Pootypie

MasterWario wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

On a somewhat related note, Temple is still way too big, even in 8-player Smash. XD

Temple is way too big? What about The Great Cave Offensive?!?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MasterWario

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Temple is way too big? What about The Great Cave Offensive?!?!

That one is actually fine because of the danger zones. Everyone dies incredibly fast.

The problem with Temple is that there are a lot of wacky slopes and divots making it really hard to get moves off, especially smash attacks. Thus it takes forever to get to a high percent, and even longer to actually get hit by an attack that can KO you. Matches seemingly increase in length exponentially when you add more players; hitting players is even harder when the screen is zoomed out so much, and people basically end up derping around.

Palutena's Temple is also way too big.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

dumedum

Sean_Aaron wrote:

This game does baffle me a bit: needlessly obtuse menu screens

I agree but seems like a Sakurai thing. It's part of the charm. Games and More LOL. There's something so Japanese and cool about the menu selection even though it doesn't really make all that sense.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jariw

dumedum wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I agree but seems like a Sakurai thing. It's part of the charm. Games and More LOL. There's something so Japanese and cool about the menu selection even though it doesn't really make all that sense.

I saw a youtube video with someone claiming that it's Sakurai's wife who did the graphics design of the menus for all Smash games.

I have no problem with how they look, but the menus have been poorly implemented in the Smash U version: the touch screen on the Gamepad doesn't work for pressing buttons in the menus, except for some rare places.

jariw

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Castle Siege with 8 players is crazy because of the first area.

Yeah, it is

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Budda

jariw wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I saw a youtube video with someone claiming that it's Sakurai's wife who did the graphics design of the menus for all Smash games.

I have no problem with how they look, but the menus have been poorly implemented in the Smash U version: the touch screen on the Gamepad doesn't work for pressing buttons in the menus, except for some rare places.

Yes, it's her. You can see her on the credits. At 'UI Design'. Michiko Sakurai, second spot.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

LucinaSmash

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

I'm sorry to report to you all that Smash Bros for Wii U is no longer first place on the All User Ratings eShop chart in North America. That title currently belongs to Fire Emblem GBA

Please tell me you are joking...

Untitled
I just took this picture myself

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

dumedum

jariw wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Neat fact about Sakurai's wife designing the menus though!

Yeah, it doesn't even work for that stupid question in the beginning about the SD card. Quite unbelievable.
Neat fact about Sakurai's wife designing the menus though!

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Yoshi

LucinaSmash wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

I'm sorry to report to you all that Smash Bros for Wii U is no longer first place on the All User Ratings eShop chart in North America. That title currently belongs to Fire Emblem GBA

Please tell me you are joking...

Untitled
I just took this picture myself

So, when you have only 45 ratings that are most likely all five stars, it's obviously going to beat out a game with 2704 and 9495 ratings, respectively, that probably have a few one star ratings pulling it down. That's how averages work. Is it really a big deal?

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Dave24

Other than UI and some of the stages/characters, I hate the camera. Sometimes it zooms on 1P character only and doesn't even give a chance for second player to see what the hell is he doing. Things like that show how rushed and underdeveloped this game is.

Dave24

Pootypie

Game... rushed... underdeveloped? I'm so glad I wasn't drinking water when I was reading that or my computer would break from my spit. Seriously?! RUSHED?! How is game being worked on for THREE years rushed... or underdeveloped... and no the camera does not focus on first player only. Are you sure it focuses on first player only...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

I didn't know Masahiro Sakurai was married this whole time...

We learn something new everyday?

Pootypie

Yoshi

I have no idea what he's going on about. I have had no issues with the camera.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

JoyBoy

Dave24 wrote:

Other than UI and some of the stages/characters, I hate the camera. Sometimes it zooms on 1P character only and doesn't even give a chance for second player to see what the hell is he doing. Things like that show how rushed and underdeveloped this game is.

Heh? wut? Can't compute..

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Gridatttack

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Game... rushed... underdeveloped? I'm so glad I wasn't drinking water when I was reading that or my computer would break from my spit. Seriously?! RUSHED?! How is game being worked on for THREE years rushed... or underdeveloped... and no the camera does not focus on first player only. Are you sure it focuses on first player only...

Those 3 years were split in between the 2 games. One could say underdeveloped, because there wasn't a focus on 1 title, but 2 instead

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

retropunky

I hope they add some additional items to the stage builder. It's great that we can draw our own creations, but the items are lacking.

Also, I keep going back to the 3DS version to play on Magicant.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic