Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,301 to 19,320 of 27,917

Tasuki

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

GC adapter back in stock for $20 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B...

And it must already be sold out cause I just went to buy one and all I see are jacked up priced ones :/

Yeah, it sold out 15 minutes after the restock.

Yeah I saw your post went and grabbed my credit card came back to the com and it was sold out.

I am seriously thinking of trading in my copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U now for some other games like Dragon Age or LPB 3 and just picking the game up again when more adapters are available in the future.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jariw

I went out and bought an additional Pro Controller for Smash today, since I expected them to be sold out on Friday when Smash launches here in Europe.

jariw

Dave24

Tasuki wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

GC adapter back in stock for $20 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B...

And it must already be sold out cause I just went to buy one and all I see are jacked up priced ones :/

Yeah, it sold out 15 minutes after the restock.

Yeah I saw your post went and grabbed my credit card came back to the com and it was sold out.

I am seriously thinking of trading in my copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U now for some other games like Dragon Age or LPB 3 and just picking the game up again when more adapters are available in the future.

If you mean Dragon Age 3/Inqusition, I'll tell you stick to Smash, same with LPB. DA:I has more than a few bugs that can be annoying (with a company of really bad and small font) and as for LPB just wait it out, with reviews so mixed, it will get 50% off in next month or two.

Only 2 days to go, although I will go to work this weekend, so sadly I won't probably play it until next week or two.

Dave24

MasterWario

While we're all cozy in our houses/dorms/apartments with friends and siblings to play with, Wii U Smash will always be superior. But don't underestimate the power of a portable Smash, especially on long road trips.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DreamyViridi

Even though it's possibly the reason why Smash fanboys exist, Melee was part of my childhood. There's one song from that game which brings back awesome memories and I'm happy to have found out that it's an unlockable song in Smash 4 Wii U!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

jariw

BlackSpy wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

So! Do you guys still play the 3DS version now that you have your fabcy shmancy Wii U version with all its bells and whistles?

It is a genuine question, though.

I'll never play the 3DS version again. I'll explain why:

1. I still don't like the controls, at all. I hate playing Smash on a circlepad and tiny buttons.
2. The blastlines on the 3DS are atrocious, and slow down the game to a screeching halt (they're too far away). Thankfully, the Wii U doesn't have this issue on most stages. However, the blastlines are just as bad on the 3DS version on SOME stages.
3. I hate the stage selection. It's so bad, that I have to strictly play on the omega forms.
4. Less music. My favorite part about Smash Wii U is the music, so less music is, very, very, very bad IMO.
5. Can't play with my siblings, because I only own one 3DS.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. But it's garbage compared to the Wii U version IMO. Also, the gameplay is a lot more fluid, smoother, and tighter on the Wii U as well.

More bickering over less multiplayer experiences.
Untitled
Just play the single player modes and deal with it bro.

Huh?

jariw

Sleepingmudkip

I only bought the 3DS version so i can get the CDs lol.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CapeSmash

BlackSpy wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

So! Do you guys still play the 3DS version now that you have your fabcy shmancy Wii U version with all its bells and whistles?

It is a genuine question, though.

I'll never play the 3DS version again. I'll explain why:

1. I still don't like the controls, at all. I hate playing Smash on a circlepad and tiny buttons.
2. The blastlines on the 3DS are atrocious, and slow down the game to a screeching halt (they're too far away). Thankfully, the Wii U doesn't have this issue on most stages. However, the blastlines are just as bad on the 3DS version on SOME stages.
3. I hate the stage selection. It's so bad, that I have to strictly play on the omega forms.
4. Less music. My favorite part about Smash Wii U is the music, so less music is, very, very, very bad IMO.
5. Can't play with my siblings, because I only own one 3DS.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. But it's garbage compared to the Wii U version IMO. Also, the gameplay is a lot more fluid, smoother, and tighter on the Wii U as well.

More bickering over less multiplayer experiences.
Untitled
Just play the single player modes and deal with it bro.

Um... what?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

Even though it's possibly the reason why Smash fanboys exist, Melee was part of my childhood. There's one song from that game which brings back awesome memories and I'm happy to have found out that it's an unlockable song in Smash 4 Wii U!

That's great!...But did they bring back the first game's?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Moshugan

SpookyMeths wrote:

you may be better off importing the adapter if it's going to be that tricky to find. The accessory isn't region locked

Maybe I'll look into importing! Thanks. Too bad I'm not getting it for now though... :

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

SparkOfSpirit

I can't believe Humouresque of a Little Dog isn't in the game. It's the shop music in Earthbound. You fight IN FRONT OF the shop in Smash Bros. A more obvious musical pairing hardly exists.

Sigh.

Anyway,it is a great soundtrack aside from the lack of Tropical Freeze tracks and some old tracks (like Fourside) not making the cut.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CapeSmash

NintyMan wrote:

I feel they brought back too much Brawl music.

I'm actually glad they brought back a lot of Brawl's music. But reusing the victory themes is just stupid. It would be nice if Luigi got his own victory theme, and ESPECIALLY Dr. Mario. The Mario series victory theme doesn't match him at all.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Drobotic

I find it kind of disappointing that the 3DS can't be used as a controller in modes other than Smash.Sometimes I need to give the Gamepad's battery a break.I've had the game for about 4 days now and I've already played around 27 hours.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic