Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,281 to 19,300 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

So! Do you guys still play the 3DS version now that you have your fabcy shmancy Wii U version with all its bells and whistles?

It is a genuine question, though.

Actually, I think I'm gonna play some other 3DS games that I've been meaning to play for a while. After 139 hours, I think I've played enough Smash 3DS for the time being.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

I plan to use my 3DS copy...as a controller

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

I got Smash for the Wii U day 1 and got my 80 coins along with my order of the sound tracks and Mewtwo DLC...but I can't play it....dang.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Yoshi_Prime

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

@jariw: I don't know. Getting CDs is very hard, much harder than I thought. They are extremely rare to pop in during a match. In Master Orders, you only get them after winning an intense special smash. And then there's the ones in challenges. Before, I thought there were a hundred more songs after the default list, but now it doesn't seem that way for some reason.

Found it! There are 437 music tracks:
http://numbers.kotaku.com/smash-bros-for-wii-u-has-437-tracks...

Well, if this is to be true, my disappointment in the Animal Crossing songs has supernova'd. Also, now that I realize there's no Green Hill Zone stage, I'm kind of saddened. This has been a recurring theme over the last five days.

Yoshi_Prime

Nintendo6400

437 songs is a lot. It makes me little sad to know that I have have about 419 songs though and that I already have all the xenoblade songs. Overall, I hope that they decide to do dlc. I want the hype to keep living!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

437 songs is a lot. It makes me little sad to know that I have have about 419 songs though and that I already have all the xenoblade songs. Overall, I hope that they decide to do dlc. I want the hype to keep living!

I think you're gonna wait a little bit. I think it's best to keep hope for DLC at an all-time low, because for all we know they won't decide to do more after Mewtwo. Sakurai even said there weren't any plans at the moment for DLC, and while he didn't completely put DLC out of the question, it probably won't happen for a while. Which is why for now I'm just gonna hope that Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers come back in the next game, whenever that may be.

crimsoncavalier

TeeJay wrote:

So! Do you guys still play the 3DS version now that you have your fabcy shmancy Wii U version with all its bells and whistles?

I stopped playing that steaming pile two days after I got it. My biggest gaming purchase disappointment of 2014.

Smash U is, in every single conceivable way, far superior to it. I can guarantee I'll never play that game again.

Edited on by crimsoncavalier

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Undead_terror

I will still be playing the 3DS version, just waiting for Mewtwo, also I hope that rumor about the in game shop comes true, I got so many coins now, would like to buy the mii hats I don't have...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Undead_terror wrote:

I will still be playing the 3DS version, just waiting for Mewtwo, also I hope that rumor about the in game shop comes true, I got so many coins now, would like to buy the mii hats I don't have...

Inb4 they cost like 30,000G or more!

I greatly appreciate the 3DS version, it's part of the reason why I like Smash 4 as much as I do. It'd filled the empty "Smash feels" I had while I had to wait for the Wii U version. Granted, I don't have a Wii U but my friend does and he's definitely getting the game. As a handheld version of the game, it does its job well and I'll glady continue playing it until I get a Wii U to call my own.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Sir_Diabeetus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gamecube adapter won't arrive in the mail until Dec. 6. >_> Stupid Nintendo, not planning for it to be popular and making wait through my entire break for it.

WaLzgi wrote:

My brother did that and now the gamepad is slightly unresponsive.

What? 3DS controllers kinda breaks the gamepad now? Nintendo, plz fix this! On the other hand, I'm stuck with a Smash gamecube controller. X_X

(EDIT: Grammar... Also, I used a kanji character for this post.)

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Edie

So I may be late to the party on this but I just bought "Super Smash Bros: Brawl" because it was only £4 and why not at that price? It's fun and I've enjoyed playing it and I will continue to play it every now and then I guess. My favourite video game character is Kirby so naturally I like to go Kirby when possible but I also discovered the "Ice Climbers" whom I'd never heard of before.

They are so cute and I liked playing as them as well. I looked them up and they haven't had a game in 20 + years so I can't say they are awfully popular but I am really disappointed they will not feature in "Super Smash Bros: U"

Edie x

Edie

LzWinky

Well, instead of a Pro Controller, I went with the 3rd party Yoshi Gamecube controller. It works like a classic controller, but the buttons are arranged like a Gamecube controller.

It's been working pretty well so far and it was $25 cheaper

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

Edie wrote:

So I may be late to the party on this but I just bought "Super Smash Bros: Brawl" because it was only £4 and why not at that price? It's fun and I've enjoyed playing it and I will continue to play it every now and then I guess. My favourite video game character is Kirby so naturally I like to go Kirby when possible but I also discovered the "Ice Climbers" whom I'd never heard of before.

They are so cute and I liked playing as them as well. I looked them up and they haven't had a game in 20 + years so I can't say they are awfully popular but I am really disappointed they will not feature in "Super Smash Bros: U"

Edie x

Look on the bright side: They're still in the game as a trophy, and the Ice Climber theme is a track that plays on the Wrecking Crew stage, so they at least haven't been completely wiped out from the face of Smash. Plus, if it'd make you feel any better, they at least tried to get them back. They just had difficulties with getting them to work on the 3DS version. Hopefully they'll come back in the next game...if there will be a next game.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

CapeSmash

TeeJay wrote:

I'll never play the 3DS version again. I'll explain why:

1. I still don't like the controls, at all. I hate playing Smash on a circlepad and tiny buttons.
2. The blastlines on the 3DS are atrocious, and slow down the game to a screeching halt (they're too far away). Thankfully, the Wii U doesn't have this issue on most stages. However, the blastlines are just as bad on the 3DS version on SOME stages.
3. I hate the stage selection. It's so bad, that I have to strictly play on the omega forms.
4. Less music. My favorite part about Smash Wii U is the music, so less music is, very, very, very bad IMO.
5. Can't play with my siblings, because I only own one 3DS.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. But it's garbage compared to the Wii U version IMO. Also, the gameplay is a lot more fluid, smoother, and tighter on the Wii U as well.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

Ingame shop rumour? That would be neat if it came true, make it so you can buy Mii hats, Smash Run powers and custom moves and then collecting everything will be much less annoying.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Ingame shop rumour? That would be neat if it came true, make it so you can buy Mii hats, Smash Run powers and custom moves and then collecting everything will be much less annoying.

That would make 100% these games SOOOOO much easier!

NintendoFan64

Just ordered the CD. Now to wait until it's March...

Retro_on_theGo

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gamecube adapter won't arrive in the mail until Dec. 6. >_> Stupid Nintendo, not planning for it to be popular and making wait through my entire break for it.

WaLzgi wrote:

My brother did that and now the gamepad is slightly unresponsive.

What? 3DS controllers kinda breaks the gamepad now? Nintendo, plz fix this! On the other hand, I'm stuck with a Smash gamecube controller. X_X

(EDIT: Grammar... Also, I used a kanji character for this post.)

Oh I meant circle pad! Lol, my bad!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic