Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,321 to 19,340 of 27,917

UGXwolf

A bit late in response, but I still play my 3DS version.

Also, as far as music, I nearly jumped off the couch and did a dance when I unlocked Star Wolf's Assault theme. But that raises a point. Why is Star Wolf such a prominent track? I had this same confusion with the 3DS Version. You cut the character, but left his theme in as one of three SF songs on the 3DS and at least in three different versions on the Wii U. Not to mention bringing back his stage. (I know it's technically the Star Fox stage for Brawl, but I always considered Lylat Cruise as Wolf's stage and Corneria as Fox and Falco's.) I just really miss Wolf more than ever.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

And then there's the Ice Climber theme

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo

Oh man, putting Mii's in smash was so much better than I expected!! I never touch the Mii maker. I just made a Mii for me and my brother years ago but today we just spent over an hour creating Mii's. It's gonna be so much fun putting them in smash tomorrow! Steve Harvey, CM Punk, Hitler, Snoop Dogg, etc.! Lmao

Undead_terror

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh man, putting Mii's in smash was so much better than I expected!! I never touch the Mii maker. I just made a Mii for me and my brother years ago but today we just spent over an hour creating Mii's. It's gonna be so much fun putting them in smash tomorrow! Steve Harvey, CM Punk, Hitler, Snoop Dogg, etc.! Lmao

Well it's pretty obvious that it would be fun, I got Vegeta, Shaq, Batman, Anakin Skywalker, Hank Hill, Robo Cop, Snoop Dog, storm trooper mii's along with some others, I will be making/getting more mii's that I like.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Azooooz

Sakurai on different regional release dates of Smash bros. Wii U:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will launch next week, December 6! As the game was released last week in North America and it will release this week in Europe, Japan is the last to get the game. Conversely, Japan was the first to get the Nintendo 3DS version.

Actually, the master up which means the completed software, was done roughly at the same time for all regions. So why did the release times differ? There are many reasons.

ROMs are made in factories. It isn’t like you could have an order completed only a few days after from ordering because it isn’t just about the software, as things like the packages and printed materials have to be arranged.

Much less in this case as several millions of mass produced copies are needed worldwide. As areas like North America are wide, it also takes time to deliver the goods to every shop. At any rate, please consider that a number of days are required for the sizable amount of arrangements.

In order to have a simultaneous release worldwide, it would be arranged in accordance to the latest release timing. So for the 3DS version that is October 3 and for the Wii U version it is December 6.

In the case of being particular about having a simultaneous release, if the scheduling was good perhaps there could be enough produced ROMs, too. However, from business and PR perspectives there are things like sales plans and the order of other software releases, so there are many matters to count.

In Japan, Monster Hunter 4G and Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire made restrictions. Also Youkai Watch 2 Ganso/Honke came out in the summer.

Domestically the business opportunity for Smash Bros. was in September. It couldn’t come out any sooner and if it were to slip off, it would have conflicted with other software. As this wasn’t the case in other territories, the decision to prioritize the Japanese release was made. There is a limited amount that can be manufactured, after all.

Sakurai continued with the following, which specifically addressed the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U release date:

In Japan the word “Christmas sales war” is true as the year end is a busy business period. However, in areas like North America there is an earlier business opportunity. Thanksgiving. It is said that one third of the year’s home game software is shifted during this time, so it is very important to offer correct goods.

This day takes place on the fourth Thursday of November. In other words, November 21, which is commonly referred to as “the Nintendo day”, is very close to that, right? And the North American version of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U launched on that day.

It is an especially hard thing to launch three dimensional objects, “amiibo”, at the same time. As they are three dimensional objects, the production cost is high and even in the case of stock shortages, the production increase can’t be done quickly. The timing of these two things had to be arranged.

If there is a possibility for a simultaneous worldwide release, that is absolutely preferred but every time this isn’t possible. It isn’t just a matter of simple delivery time or a matter of one software. Other things are widely considered before coming to a conclusion. Especially within the limitations of selling software anywhere in the world.

However, there is one week until the release of the Wii U version. Sorry for the lengthy wait, but just a little while longer, please.

Transkated Famitsu column.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Grumblevolcano

@Azooooz Exactly as I thought, Smash Wii U released earlier in NA than other regions because of Black Friday.

By the way, I'm having internet problems such that I likely won't have any internet tomorrow. Is there a day 1 update for Smash Wii U and does it do much?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

paul6891

Anyone ordered a download code for smash Bros from game! I'm just wondering when they will release the code
Edit. Never mind I just this minute got an email with the code. Hope I can fully download it straight away when I finish work

Edited on by paul6891

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Azooooz

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Azooooz Exactly as I thought, Smash Wii U released earlier in NA than other regions because of Black Friday.

By the way, I'm having internet problems such that I likely won't have any internet tomorrow. Is there a day 1 update for Smash Wii U and does it do much?

You won't be able to play online matches without day 1 update. I believe it fixes bugs prior launch version, which is 1.00

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Beta

paul6891 wrote:

Anyone ordered a download code for smash Bros from game! I'm just wondering when they will release the code
Edit. Never mind I just this minute got an email with the code. Hope I can fully download it straight away when I finish work

Got mine, but it won't pre-load ._.

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

paul6891

Beta wrote:

paul6891 wrote:

Well that just blows, I guess I'll be inputting it at midnight

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Beta

paul6891 wrote:

Beta wrote:

paul6891 wrote:

Well that just blows, I guess I'll be inputting it at midnight

It will be available 11PM, but I don't recommend you ever doing so! I did that with Bayonetta 2 last time and I didn't get my Premium Points and had to run around e-mailing custome service back and forth till they fixed it a month from release ._.

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

Punished_Boss_84

Everyone has spoken!

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

jariw

Interesting to read this in perspective of the 3DS and Wii U releases. Seems like Wii U could internally be named Smash 5, while the 2015 updates would then be Smash 6. It could also mean that the 2015 updates might be larger than what we know right now.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/07/report-bandai-namco-recr...

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Azooooz

jariw wrote:

Interesting to read this in perspective of the 3DS and Wii U releases. Seems like Wii U could internally be named Smash 5, while the 2015 updates would then be Smash 6. It could also mean that the 2015 updates might be larger than what we know right now.

But that's ridiculous!! Sakurai is too tired to make another Smash Bros. game, and we've just got the game. I don't see another Smash Bros. game this generation after Wii U version.

jariw

Azooooz wrote:

jariw wrote:

But that's ridiculous!! Sakurai is too tired to make another Smash Bros. game, and we've just got the game. I don't see another Smash Bros. game this generation after Wii U version.

All I said was that the 2015 updates could internally be called Smash 6. We already know there is a 2015 update for Wii U at least, with:

• The Miiverse stage
  • Sharing of levels
  • Tourneys
  • Tournaments
  • Mewtwo

And those 80 extra developers could be so Sakurai doesn't get "too tired". But 80 extra developers sounds too much for just the currently known features.

EDIT: And the article I posted about those additional Smash developers was made 8 moths ago. So it seems like the 2015 update was planned even back then.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Contrite

Got the game today, one day before the european launch.. Hype!

Contrite

Datasun_7

Yay got my european copy! Can finally play with with you lucky Americans

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic