Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 14,636

Octane

I really like the Moray Towers map. It takes mere seconds to get down, but fighting your way up the opponent's side is pretty challenging.

Also, am I the only one who isn't a big fan of Tower Control? I prefer Splat Zones way over Tower Control. I wish we'd get to vote for either mode.

Octane

MisterMan

Yeah, Moray Towers is great. I like Tower Control much more than Splat Zones though. I think it's a better use of the entire level.

MisterMan

e-love

I kinda wish they rotated splat zones and tower control like they do the stages. I was just getting the hang of splat zones when they switched to tower control ;/

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

jariw

Octane wrote:

Also, am I the only one who isn't a big fan of Tower Control? I prefer Splat Zones way over Tower Control. I wish we'd get to vote for either mode.

Personally, I'm better at Splat Zones than Tower Control (probably since Splat Zones it's a bit more like Turf War). Today, I lost virtually 20 matches in a row on Tower Control and dropped from A to B+, until I realized that my weapon configuration was useless for Tower Control on Moray Towers. After a weapon change, things turned better and I'm on A- again.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

MisterMan

Yeah, I use different weapons depending on the mode. Suction bombs are awesome for Tower Control.

MisterMan

DreamyViridi

Nicolai wrote:

Some man from Japan made himself an Inkzooka and a Splatbomb in real life.

Fixed. ^^

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nicolai

@Jazzer94: And hell for the rest. There's nowhere to hide!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

BakaKnight

@Nicolai @Jazzer94 Are you guys serious? O.O;

I had a great time in Moray Tower with the roller, all those turns and climbs makes super easy to surprise attack, especially the snipers; most of those I saw (if not all of them) had a very hard time keeping up against other weapons in the new map.

Well... that's why I love splatoon, I never find a single element that works the same for everyone XD

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

jump

Nicolai wrote:

@Jazzer94: And hell for the rest. There's nowhere to hide!

Try climbing the wall or hide behind the tower, it works for me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Jazzer94

@BakaKnight: Why did you tag me? my post was about my enjoyment using that weapon type on the map, I also use rollers and yes it works both ways and mostly has to do with the players ability I was able to get 27 kills with 1 death on the map because I paid close attention to the gamepad.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo_Ninja

Go team Waterslides!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nicolai

@BakaKnight: I was going to say the same thing. Everyone has different skills, so those like me who aren't good at laying low are probably going to have a harder time, where some have figured out a way to fight it. That's what's truly great about games like these, is that there are no unbreakable strategies. There's always a way.

It's just, the hiding places are so few and far between, so if you're spotted in an open area, you're toast. And the stage is so narrow, so open spaces are almost impossible to avoid. I'm sure I'll figure it out, though.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

BakaKnight

@Jazzer94: I tagged/replied to your post cause I was surprised you found the chargers to be a blast to use at the tower since the snipers I saw had a very hard time there. (And for be clear, I wasn't doubting or trying to prove your point wrong, only wanted to share the different impression that I had).

Indeed my post wasn't 100% related to what you said, but I thought it was obvious which parts were without needing to specify ^_^;

Edited on by BakaKnight

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

Ralizah

Tower Control > Splat Zones

It's a lot of fun wrestling with the other team over a tower, although I learned the hard way that competent enemy snipers can make this mode hell if you don't focus on taking them out.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

Did anyone else notice the Pokemon reference at the beginning of the Moray Towers reveal?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

jijifox

Hey guys are you able to play splat zones sometimes, because at one time i could

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Octane

BakaKnight wrote:

I had a great time in Moray Tower with the roller, all those turns and climbs makes super easy to surprise attack, especially the snipers; most of those I saw (if not all of them) had a very hard time keeping up against other weapons in the new map.

Well... that's why I love splatoon, I never find a single element that works the same for everyone XD

Just give me the N-Zap '85, I love that weapon. I've tried other combination, but I keep coming back to the N-Zap. Can't wait to try out the N-Zap '89 though.

pikminfan22 wrote:

Octane: I kind of agree, but I don't play Splat Zones much anymore just because of how good the players are there lol .. I find Tower Control a bit too... simple.. lol It's fun but it just feels too simple now.. Also I love the design of Moray Towers, but it seems that the map is a bit too large and is a challenge to ink everything.. but I do feel more ''safe'' on that map than the other maps in the game lol

Splat Zones are more like Turf War, I like that better I think. Several maps don't seem to work as well with Tower Control as they do with regular Turf War or Splat Zones either.

On Moray Towers, I work my way up the opponent's side by swimming up the walls, that way you have the height advantage and you can take the other team down from behind.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane: I've been using that link for the past couple of weeks since I saw Rjer posting it,it is handy indeed.I've noticed it being wrong with 1 map a few times though.I wish it had what Ranked mode is in play too.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic