Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 14,636

Octane

OorWullie wrote:

Octane: I've been using that link for the past couple of weeks since I saw Rjer posting it,it is handy indeed.I've noticed it being wrong with 1 map a few times though.I wish it had what Ranked mode is in play too.

I noticed the link didn't show the Ranked battles correctly, so I removed the link (splatoon.ink is the url in case anyone is wondering), but indeed, too bad it isn't always correct and no mention of what kind of Ranked mode is in play is a bummer as well.

Octane

jariw

jijifox wrote:

Hey guys are you able to play splat zones sometimes, because at one time i could

The kind of ranked mode alternates and changes at the same time as the change of stages.

jariw

-Green-

So now all that's left is Camp Triggerfish, and then we get 4 unknown maps. I'm calling it, they'll each focus on one mechanic from the Single player. Ink rails, Sponges, Geyser, Invisible Walls.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Zerodactyl

Anyone have any tips for ranked battles, because I'm really struggling to get some wins. I'm always first on Turf War, but just can't get the hang of ranked battles.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

MisterMan

@Zerodactyl My tips for ranked battle:

• Try not to die. You'll end up hiding and moving around a lot to sneak up and kill enemies. Pop up, shoot a bad guy, then turn into a squid and get out there because other bad guys will have seen you. I end up swimming a lot and am constantly surveying the area if I'm doing Splat Zones. Don't just rush into an area with guns blazing, that's a good way to get splatted. After I've taken out the bad guys I focus on the Splat Zone or taking the tower.
  • Try out different weapons. What worked in Turf Wars might not be the best option in ranked battle. I like the Splattershot Pro. It's got great range so you don't have to get in too close for the kill.
  • Mess around with different skills until something clicks. I like Ink Refill, Ninja Squid, and Ink resistance as my main skills. Also make sure your sub skills help you. If you have Bomb Range Up, but don't have bombs as your sub weapon, it's a wasted skill.
  • Support your team mates. If you see your team mate going after a bad guy, get in there and offer some support, whether it's inking around him to help him move around, or assisting in the kill.
  • Also, if you're doing Tower Control, suction bombs and ink mines are very useful if you're going to be riding the tower.

There's lots of good videos on YouTube too that have some good tips. Watch some of the A rank battles and you should have a good feel for an approach to rank battle. Hope that helps. Also, remember it's just a game and as long as you're having fun, it's ok to lose, although it can be frustrating to lose a lot of matches in a row. If I find myself getting frustrated I know it's time to turn the game off.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

BakaKnight

@Zerodactyl: It depends, there are two modes and each one have different tactics, but... I have to be honest, I don't think there is a "right" way, personally I focused on understand my playstyle and tried all the weapons and gears until finding the right ones for me. Once I found the right set my climb in rank mode became much faster, I even reached A+ with 99 points today.

The only real tip I can think is to never forget the rules, I saw too many players defending the splat zone without coloring it or not letting the opponents reach the tower while noone of the team was on it. Make sure your team is getting points and then help out in your style. With a bit of luck with match/team making you'll start raise up rank after rank and get better and better match after match ^_^

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

jariw

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Zerodactyl: Best advice is learn to kill and to do it efficiently.

It's much more efficient for the outcome to focus on staying alive. It's usually just the bad players who gets splatted multiple times anyway.

jariw

Jazzer94

jariw wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Zerodactyl: Best advice is learn to kill and to do it efficiently.

It's much more efficient for the outcome to focus on staying alive. It's usually just the bad players who gets splatted multiple times anyway.

I've played my fair share of ranked at this point and the teams that win most of the time are the ones that despatch of the opposing team quickly locking down the zone/tower, this is why I said efficiently as there isn't much point going kill against kill with someone.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

jump

technotaylor98 wrote:

Just finished the craziest "Splat Zone" match. Neither team had both splat zones at any one point during the match. Which left the game at 100 seconds remaining to 100 seconds remaining. I was curious to see who Judd would rule in favor of. Match ended and Judd held the flag to their side... with a final score showing up as 0 to 1. I wonder if the game just picks a random winner in the case of a tie?

Apparently someone did a test and when it's even they randonly decide who wins but that was in Turf Wars.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

Is there any point in using a sniper weapon in Turf Wars? I got to Level 19 last night, and I think when I hit 20 I will start trying out different weapons, but they seem kind of pointless. I had a match last night on Moray Towers where the other team had a sniper that just kept picking us off. I managed to sneak by him a couple of times, but they still beat us pretty handily. Even with the extra 300 points, though, I still got the same amount of points as he/she did, so it seemed kind of pointless because they got a lot of kills, but not a lot of points. It is obviously more useful in the ranked battles, though.

Also, I have not seen Splat Zones since Tower Control came out. I usually only get to play late at night (between 10-midnight Eastern time). Is it always Tower Control at this time, or am I just unlucky, because I think I like Splat Zones better.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

rjejr

Just played for about an hour, started B- 40, ended B- 40, so just treading water. No Moray stage either, skatepark and kelp dome in splat zone, warehouse and another in turf war so I didn't bother since I'm already level 20.

Looking forward to 3 stages per mode and 2 ranked modes at a time so I have more reason to play, right now the game is withholding more than it's giving, and thats not what I paid $60 for. When they add things they need to ADD things, not REPLACE things. Though replacing some old levels w/ new ones wouldn't be the end of the world, right now stuck playing old modes on old levels isn't enticing.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

-Green-

@rjejr: I do believe in August we'll be allowed to select our own Maps, Modes, and Rules with friends and we can play rank mode in official teams. Hopefully they make it so we use those features in normal modes, or at least increase the map limit and remove mode rotation.

TylerTheCreator

So I just got back to playing this game after 3 weeks. I tried out Moray Towers, and I think it's the worst level in the whole game. It's too simple.

I also am still trying to complete the campaign but I don't think I can. Not that it's hard, but it's boring to me and feels like a chore. I wish I didn't feel this way. I don't know why I feel this way. I still have fun when playing multiplayer, though.

I'm trying to complete the campaign because I want to be able to use my amiibo to get the exclusive gear. I'm beginning to feel it's not worth it.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

-Green-

@TylerTheCreator: I actually really liked Moray Towers, mainly because of how different it is from most other maps, and it was basically built for Tower Control. Just Camp Triggerfish and then we get 4 unknown maps, and the creators have been teasing the addition of Single Player elements into Multiplayer. So they can spice things up using the Sponges, Ink Rails, Invisible Walls, and Geysers.

jariw

TylerTheCreator wrote:

So I just got back to playing this game after 3 weeks. I tried out Moray Towers, and I think it's the worst level in the whole game. It's too simple.

So you're consistently winning with 1,800+ in Turf War on that stage?

Aromaiden wrote:

@TylerTheCreator: I actually really liked Moray Towers, mainly because of how different it is from most other maps, and it was basically built for Tower Control. Just Camp Triggerfish and then we get 4 unknown maps, and the creators have been teasing the addition of Single Player elements into Multiplayer. So they can spice things up using the Sponges, Ink Rails, Invisible Walls, and Geysers.

Moray Towers already introduces game mechanics from the single player campaign. The steep vertical traversal jumps to the walls were only found in single player before.

jariw

rjejr

@Aromaiden: I'm looking forward to the big August update, hopefully closer to Aug 1 than 31 but this being Nintendo Sept 7 wouldn't surprise me either.

And maybe we'll get 3 different stages for this weeks Splatfest.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

@TylerTheCreator: How far did you get in single player? World 3 is great, and you get the aerospace for completing it. The rest was more of the same but the boss was not boring, took me about 13 tries to beat it.

I never got the amino b/c they didn't seem worth it from the get go for me, but I'm glad I finished single player. It's worth it just for the closing game credits.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic