Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,301 to 11,320 of 14,636

Blue_Blur

Lycidas wrote:

I feel bad for the guys that had me on their team in Ranked lately, but though I'm really bad, it's the fastest way to level up. And still a lot of fun, even when I get splatted 11 times a match. XD

That's around how many times I usually die a match, too! XD Getting splatted a lot doesn't mean you're a bad player; I die a lot, but I also splat the opponent and bring him/her down with me! And I'm sure you're a great player!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Iggly

It's been a while since I last played Splatoon, though I guess on the bright side I've been able to get further on my other unfinished games haha. I might play tonight so I can try out the new map, though I'll have to see since my cousin has been using the Wii U for the past 3 days.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Jazzer94

I got to no connection problems games on the new map for RM, its fun kind of hectic and feels like a map where knockouts can be done in 30 seconds or so.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

I played only 3 matches today and all were on the new stage for zones. Went 2-1 and had a ton of fun. Frantic is the word I would describe. Lost against a team of A+'s my first go but won the next 2 and rather easy at that. Splat Zones might not be my favorite mode but I seem to always do my best and rank up when it's going.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

@Lycidas: as long as your doing the objective or trading splats it doesn't matter if you die a lot.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Redzone115

The new map is pretty fun. Mostly played TC on it, and it gets really crazy in the middle but in a good way since you can easily get away from it all with the map being so wide.

Redzone115

jariw

Splatoon missed the 100,000 mark in past week sales figures for Japan (most likely due to supply shortages of the Splatoon game, see my old post last week), but just barely.
98,096 weekly retail copies sold of Splatoon in Japan, while the Wii U sold 101,122 units during the week. Almost every machine sold was a Splatoon/MM bundle.

jariw

Lycidas

Blue_Blur wrote:

Lycidas wrote:

I feel bad for the guys that had me on their team in Ranked lately, but though I'm really bad, it's the fastest way to level up. And still a lot of fun, even when I get splatted 11 times a match. XD

That's around how many times I usually die a match, too! XD Getting splatted a lot doesn't mean you're a bad player; I die a lot, but I also splat the opponent and bring him/her down with me! And I'm sure you're a great player!

That's comforting! XD
Coming from mostly playing Turf Wars, it was quite a shock at first, but now seeing other players get splatted thatmuch too makes me feel better.
Thanks for the kind words!

@ELI-ASH: Yeah, moist of the time I splat back as much as I get splatted, but there's always a match where I can't get any hold and just travel back and forth between the spwaning point and the place I get splatted. XD

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Spoony_Tech

@Lycidas: We all have those days lol. When I feel like I can't get any splats I assist as much as I can even if that means going 4 and 10 sometimes. I figure if I can't score I might as well assist in any way I can. Sometimes staying back and painting turf for others to do work can help out.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm trying to get all the weapons in the game, I bought all of the ones that have been made available via levelling up and so far with the weekly content updates but I'm in area 3 of the single player. Are the only sunken scrolls that give you weapons the boss ones or are there weapons for getting X% of all sunken scrolls? I am planning on getting all of them eventually but want to prioritize getting all the weapons as that gives max variety for the main game (the online multiplayer).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Iggly

@Grumblevolcano Only the scrolls from bosses give you weapons, the only purpose to get the regular Sunken Scrolls is if you're either a completionist or you want to learn more about the lore behind Splatoon.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Iggly: Cool, I'll playthrough the single player normally and then go back for missing scrolls sometime after the new content has finished.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Grumblevolcano

Finished the single player so all that's left is just playing more online and amiibo challenges.

Grumblevolcano

veeflames

@Grumblevolcano: How was it? Did you enjoy the final battle?
Phew, it was hard... BUT I FINALLY REACHED S RANK!!!!! squeals loudly
Ahem. So a tip from me: beacons take a bit of damage before they're destroyed, so try using them (if you have them as a sub) as a shield. Worked fantastic for me: in fact, it allowed me to utterly destroy my opponents, even if they won.
But yeah. S Rank. Yay! Now let's see how low I can maintain it. Maybe I can get to S+ without dropping back to A+.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

@Vee_Flames: Overall I really liked the single player, a bit short though very entertaining. The final boss was fantastic and fresh as the battle itself played differently from your typical arena battle and it was cool that the 3D Sonic approach was used regarding music. My favourite levels were that final boss, the octoling battles and some of the ones featuring octosnipers.

If you look at all parts of Splatoon combined now that there's definitely plenty of variety in the multiplayer, I'd probably place it as the best Wii U game so far excluding 2014. It would be FAST Racing Neo but the freezing has gotten too annoying recently. Of course my top Wii U games of all time so far are the typical MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Smash and Tropical Freeze.

Grumblevolcano

yokokazuo

Happy New Years!

Also new weapon coming tomorrow at 2am Pacific, 5am EST. (Mixed up time zones so I edited this... It was tomorrow when I posted this, but it is available now)

It's a variation of the Octobrush called the Hokusai Hue in Japanese and comes with Splat Bombs and the Inkzooka special.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

@Vee_Flames: Congrats! Hope you don't get there before me lol. I've been in and out of S now 3 different times. Highest I've ever been is about S50. It get so hard when you just don't get much for winning. Good luck to ya. Hopefully better then me.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic