Forums

Topic: Ninja Pig Studios (Meme Run): The Immature Developer

Posts 121 to 140 of 310

arojilla

Oragami wrote:

And this argument about eShop quality control, just stop. Quality control makes developers less likely to take risks, and risks move the game industry forward. Just think, when Abbey Road by the Beatles came out, it was hated, but now it is celebrated. When Wind Waker was first announced, it was hated, but now it is celebrated.

Not that I don't agree with what you said, but I think those aren't good examples.

arojilla

Oragami

arojilla wrote:

Oragami wrote:

And this argument about eShop quality control, just stop. Quality control makes developers less likely to take risks, and risks move the game industry forward. Just think, when Abbey Road by the Beatles came out, it was hated, but now it is celebrated. When Wind Waker was first announced, it was hated, but now it is celebrated.

Not that I don't agree with what you said, but I think those aren't good examples.

Yeah, I was tired when I said that. I'll change the examples now, here's what I think:

Limiting creativity is poison to the gaming industry. New ideas drive gaming. Not all chances taken will work out, but those that do will keep gaming fresh.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Red_XIII

Oragami wrote:

arojilla wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Yeah, I was tired when I said that. I'll change the examples now, here's what I think:

Limiting creativity is poison to the gaming industry. New ideas drive gaming. Not all chances taken will work out, but those that do will keep gaming fresh.

Keeping gaming "fresh" with stale memes is a bit of an oxymoron...

Red_XIII

Oragami

Red_XIII wrote:

Keeping gaming "fresh" with stale memes is a bit of an oxymoron...

I'm just referring to the entire concept of Quality Control, not specifically Meme Run.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Octane

Oragami wrote:

And this argument about eShop quality control, just stop. Quality control makes developers less likely to take risks, and risks move the game industry forward. Limiting creativity is poison to the gaming industry. New ideas drive gaming. Not all chances taken will work out, but those that do will keep gaming fresh.

Because this game was a risk? And this will move the industry forward?

Quality control will prevent quick cash grabs like these from happening. It will encourage developers to put at least a tiny bit of effort in their game. It filters out the bad, and rewards the good for passing the quality check. I don't see how that will limit the industry.

Octane

Oragami

Octane wrote:

Oragami wrote:

And this argument about eShop quality control, just stop. Quality control makes developers less likely to take risks, and risks move the game industry forward. Limiting creativity is poison to the gaming industry. New ideas drive gaming. Not all chances taken will work out, but those that do will keep gaming fresh.

Because this game was a risk? And this will move the industry forward?

Quality control will prevent quick cash grabs like these from happening. It will encourage developers to put at least a tiny bit of effort in their game. It filters out the bad, and rewards the good for passing the quality check. I don't see how that will limit the industry.

Cash Grabs aren't as big of a deal as everyone thinks. People choose to buy it, they have to deal with the consequences

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Drobotic

I think Nintendo should've rejected the game and not allow it to be sold on the eShop after the first trailer surfaced.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

kkslider5552000

Yuuuta wrote:

Oragami wrote:

@Yuuuta Dude, you need to chill. Your hatred for this guy seems to be a bit excessive to me.

I dont hate him at all, I just dont like his game.

I just post everything bad he posts.

I don't hate this girl, I just don't like her attitude.

I just follow her every day.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Yuuuta

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yuuuta wrote:

Oragami wrote:

@Yuuuta Dude, you need to chill. Your hatred for this guy seems to be a bit excessive to me.

I dont hate him at all, I just dont like his game.

I just post everything bad he posts.

I don't hate this girl, I just don't like her attitude.

I just follow her every day.

Exactly.

Just think of me like paparazzi

Edited on by Yuuuta

LzWinky

Apple store still seems to be doing well despite all the crap on it. Why is the eShop somehow worse?

Also, apparently Steam has had crap on it as well

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SKTTR

I have no access to the North American Wii U eShop. Can somebody please post the North American eShop Charts please? (Top 20 Disc/Downloads, preferably with VC filtered out)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JusticeColde

Meme Run is currently number 10 w/o VC listings.
Ahead of Hyrule Warriors (11th), Super Mario 3D World (20th), Bayonetta 2 (17th) and Art Academy: Sketchpad (13th).

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

SKTTR

Is it ahead of any of the other new eShop games released this week?

6 new games. What's their number atm?

99Moves
BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION
Cake Ninja 3
Meme Run
Plenty of Fishies
TOSS N GO

I see Meme Run has the most popular Miiverse community of that sixpack, so can someone confirm if it is more successful than all the other new eShop games? xD

Well, truth be told none of these new games are big epic quests, but they all seem (at least a little) better than Meme Run.
I mean, Meme Run isn't just a hilarious/annoying cheap/overpriced short-living joke, it's a broken game because it has a flawed collision detection that kills you at random and there's a glitchy score system too. This on 10th place for all Wii U Downloads and now I see ten thousands of American kids playing this on merry christmas. ^^

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

mystman12

That's it.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This developer is just... I just... People like this will ruin the gaming industry. It will attract more like him and before we know it the eShop will be filled with this kind of crap. I do hope to be able to be an indie developer one day. Right now I spend my free time making games people can download for free in Petit Computer, including a full remake of Chip's Challenge. I put effort into my games, and at the same time I realize my original ones aren't good enough to charge money for. I mean, if I wanted I probably could release my game Revenge of the Crazy Baby on the eShop. But I won't because I realize it's not even close to something I should charge money for, even if I am proud of it and enjoy it. If I had developed Meme Run, I would never, ever consider charging for it. Maybe I'd stick it up on some website for people to download, but that's it.

Furthermore, shouldn't this be considered, like a threat? Bullying? Everyone who disagrees with him, he bashes and says horrible things about. Listen up, @ninjapigstudios. Nintendo Life always plays the games they review and they always use the screenshots provided from Nintendo's website. If you read the review, it perfectly describes the game and it's many flaws. It is clear that the reviewer lost enough time of his life to play this game to form a review. And you know what? Maybe this game is somewhat enjoyable to some. Maybe some people will get a kick out of it. But what stil stands is that it is overpriced, and lazily slapped together, and worst of all? You can't take any criticism. Any time anyone says anything bad about any of your games, you go crazy on them. You're talented. Making games certainly isn't easy. But what you seem to lack is the passion to create games. You don't want to try and strive to make something great, you simply pump out just working games hoping to make a quick buck. If you would listen to criticisms and put more effort and originality into your games you could start with some decent stuff, and possibly grow as a developer and then earn true respect for the games you make. Perhaps right now you have a large fanbase on Miiverse, but if you keep this up I can safely say you will lose it. Those people will eventually grow up and look back and wonder why they bought that game long ago. You will lose support, and he remembered as that horrible game developer that made Meme Run.
Perhaps you still have a chance to redeem yourself. An apology for all the horrible things you said would be a good way to start. Then try picking up your game a little bit. Try adding a bit of originality, as well as spending more time working on your next game. Just know that if you never learn any lessons from anything or never take any criticism, you'll never grow as a developer.

One final remark. I bought The Letter, like many others did, as a joke. But there's a huge difference between you and Treefall. For one, The Letter- while still overpriced- has a much more reasonable price- and often goes on sale for an even more reasonable price. And the developer himself. He seems like a pretty nice guy. He doesn't go around bashing everyone who criticizes him or his game. And his next game, looks like a decent improvement from The Letter. While I still don't think it looks very good- it does look to be an improvement! Those few things almost make me happy that I spent a couple bucks on The Letter to support the developer.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Oh my god...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

TeeJay wrote:

Oh my god...

Oh my god indeed

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Chaoz

God... I actually use to support Ninja Pig Studios for some stupid reason. I even supported Meme Run, but if he can't even take criticism without getting mad to the point of swearing a nice group of people he doesn't deserve any thanks or money, what he deserve is nothing.

Edited on by Chaoz

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.