Forums

Topic: Ninja Pig Studios (Meme Run): The Immature Developer

Posts 141 to 160 of 310

RCMADIAX

This is getting way out of hand. I can only assume he has no intention on being in the game industry long-term, or else he would realize not to burn bridges. Nintendo Life is the highest traffic Nintendo-related site on the internet. First strike was denying them a review code. Second was accusing their reviewer of not playing the game based on screenshots. Nintendo Life frequently asks developers for a collection of screenshots to use in their reviews an articles. In this case, Ninja Pig likely wouldn't provide the site with any so they had no choice but to take them from Nintendo's own website.

@SKTTR

I can't speak for the other devs, but my own two titles are not charting at the moment. Sales are a little less than we expected. With that being said, data proves that my titles are what you would call "evergreen" and continue to sell in small doses over a long period of time. In fact, SPIKEY WALLS and BLOK DROP U are my two big sellers right now, and they have been out for months. Ninja Pig is likely to have a bigger launch period, but will quickly die off and sink to the bottom over time.

I think the only thing people should be worried about is when Nintendo starts promoting sub-par content over other, higher quality games. As an eShop developer, and I can confirm that several other developers feel this way, we were a little confused when Nintendo of America decided to retweet a post from Ninja Pig about Meme Run. It was always assumed they would only promote what they would consider high-quality software. Not once did they mention the other new releases in their social media. Did I expect promotion from Nintendo on my own products? No, at this point I have grown used to them ignoring most releases and only highlighting what you would call "AAA" indie game. This is why their decision to get behind this product is so confusing for so many of us.

Just my personal thoughts on the subject.

RCMADIAX

jariw

RCMADIAX wrote:

I think the only thing people should be worried about is when Nintendo starts promoting sub-par content over other, higher quality games. As an eShop developer, and I can confirm that several other developers feel this way, we were a little confused when Nintendo of America decided to retweet a post from Ninja Pig about Meme Run. It was always assumed they would only promote what they would consider high-quality software. Not once did they mention the other new releases in their social media. Did I expect promotion from Nintendo on my own products? No, at this point I have grown used to them ignoring most releases and only highlighting what you would call "AAA" indie game. This is why their decision to get behind this product is so confusing for so many of us.

As a player, I was also very confused seeing Nintendo's retweet of the Ninja Pig tweet. It became even more strange, when they sent out a promotion picture saying that Nintendo's own games got the highest scores on Metacritic.

jariw

NintendoFan64

I wonder if he'll one day look back at this game and all the bashing of people he did, and feel terrible about it. Seriously, he is just an a$$.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Yoshi_Prime

Octane wrote:

Oragami wrote:

And this argument about eShop quality control, just stop. Quality control makes developers less likely to take risks, and risks move the game industry forward. Limiting creativity is poison to the gaming industry. New ideas drive gaming. Not all chances taken will work out, but those that do will keep gaming fresh.

Because this game was a risk? And this will move the industry forward?

Quality control will prevent quick cash grabs like these from happening. It will encourage developers to put at least a tiny bit of effort in their game. It filters out the bad, and rewards the good for passing the quality check. I don't see how that will limit the industry.

Yoshi_Prime

Haru17

The OP lost all credibility in my eyes when he called Schuetz 'kid' in that loving obnoxious internet condescension tone. God! People who speak like that are the worst, why take that tone?!? http://i.imgur.com/P6CaQo6.png

Honestly, I'm not that offended by this game, it's just a bad indie game; hardly the end of the world. It's no more intellectually offensive because the OP got into a twitter argument with the dev.

Personally I found "Game of the Year 420 Blaze It" to be a better parody game of the same nature. Still probably better to watch on youtube than to buy and play. http://www.gameoftheyear420blazeit.com/

Edited on by LzWinky

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Drobotic

Haru17 wrote:

The OP lost all credibility in my eyes when he called Schuetz 'kid' in that loving obnoxious internet condescension tone. God! People who speak like that are the worst, why take that tone?!? http://i.imgur.com/P6CaQo6.png

Honestly, I'm not that offended by this game, it's just a bad indie game; hardly the end of the world. It's no more intellectually offensive because the OP got into a twitter argument with the dev.

Personally I found "Game of the Year 420 Blaze It" to be a better parody game of the same nature. Still probably better to watch on youtube than to buy and play. http://www.gameoftheyear420blazeit.com/

The thing is that the dev can't take one bit of criticism from others on the game he very obviously did not try hard on(which costed $5).In a way,he is acting like a child by just not caring if he gets sued for copyright.

Edited on by LzWinky

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

SparkOfSpirit

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Octane wrote:

Oragami wrote:

And this argument about eShop quality control, just stop. Quality control makes developers less likely to take risks, and risks move the game industry forward. Limiting creativity is poison to the gaming industry. New ideas drive gaming. Not all chances taken will work out, but those that do will keep gaming fresh.

Because this game was a risk? And this will move the industry forward?

Quality control will prevent quick cash grabs like these from happening. It will encourage developers to put at least a tiny bit of effort in their game. It filters out the bad, and rewards the good for passing the quality check. I don't see how that will limit the industry.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DefHalan

The consumers should be the real quality control. sadly a game like this is going to get a lot of people to buy it based on how stupid it is. "Oh it uses memes that is funny take my money lol hahahahahaha." Nintendo stopping this from coming to the market wouldn't have stopped this game from being released else where. This game should have been a commercial failure and that is what should have stopped the developer from making it, which would have been the Quality Control. My recommendation is to only spend money on the games you want and ignore the rest. Whether or not a games should be on a system isn't the real problem, the problem is what games actually make money.

I am betting there will be a sequel to this but it won't be as well received and be a complete failure, which will stop more of these games from coming to the eShop.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

CM30 wrote:

My worry is that it's going to inspire the app crowd to come to the Wii U. God I'd hate that. All those cheap app games with five minutes of effort put in, all on Nintendo's home console.

If they do that then who would buy those games? How successful are many of the apps that release on those platforms. You hear about the big ones (Cut the Rope, Angry Birds) but there are hundreds of apps coming out every week. If the Wii U started to get some that had no polish put in them then people would stop buying them and then releasing games on Wii U would stop being affordable. I wouldn't worry to much. Most of the reason why the App store is over ran with hundreds of apps is that everyone has those devices, so the cost to develop is very cheap. Console Dev Kits aren't cheap. Meme Run is not the beginning of the end for the eShop, it is just a fluke.

CM30

There was a popular game on iPhone which was a crappy bouncing ball platformer made in minutes with the default assets and engine. Through manipulated reviews and ratings, it made a few thousand dollars or something (or maybe a few hundred thousand).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DefHalan

CM30 wrote:

There was a popular game on iPhone which was a crappy bouncing ball platformer made in minutes with the default assets and engine. Through manipulated reviews and ratings, it made a few thousand dollars or something (or maybe a few hundred thousand).

If you are talking about Flappy Bird then that game (much like memes) was an internet trend, those rarely last longer than a few months

JusticeColde

Meme Run is now 6th w/o VC listings.
Every other game...

SKTTR wrote:

99Moves
BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION
Cake Ninja 3
Plenty of Fishies
TOSS N GO

...is unranked. It is now only behind Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Smash Bros., Captain Toad and Art of Balance.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

creeprtrainer52

letter to ninjapig: firstly stop saying people love your game, secondly, stop putting peoples opinions somewhere where nobody can see them. in my opinion that game looked like it had some potential but you didn't put effort and it sucked, admit it.

creeprtrainer52

Vincent294

Letter to Ninja Pig Studios: Please, this looks like a really bad PR stunt, the few people that love your game are 10-year-olds with low standards. This could've made a decent flash game but it wasn't even decent, let alone worth the price. It's not even worth anyone's time. We aren't haters, we just know trolling when we see it.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

faint

i'm very sad that this game will surpass the sales of thomas was alone (that has been out over a month) by the time the holiday is over. twa has alot of soul and this is just empty and uninspired.

Edited on by faint

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

DefHalan

faint wrote:

i'm very sad that this game will surpass the sales of thomas was alone (that has been out over a month) by the time the holiday is over. twa has alot of soul and this is just empty and uninspired.

I am going to buy Thomas Was Alone, thanks for the recommendation

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.