Forums

Topic: Ninja Pig Studios (Meme Run): The Immature Developer

Posts 301 to 310 of 310

brandonbwii

@Ninjapigstudios is always saying give their games a chance. Sure, go the extra mile and create a free demo and I'll be happy to.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

brandonbwii

mystman12 wrote:

WOAH WOAH Woah woah woah! People, stop bashing ninjapig for apologizing. He may have said a lot of awful things before, but look- he's made a well written apology and a request to have a private, professional conversation. He's finally done something right, so don't yell at him for it. And I'm not saying I've changed my opinion on the company- I still won't ever support them- but hey, even the bad guys can make the right decision every now and then.

WARNING: GEEK MOMENT INCOMING
Yeah, and Loki teamed up with Thor to defeat the Dark Elves but a bad guy is still a BAD guy.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Yuuuta

ninjapigstudios wrote:

Going to repost this...but this is my response to the whole Jumpy Cat situation.

This has become an overblown misunderstanding due to people jumping to conclusions without bothering to get the facts first.
During the summer of 2014, I was mentoring and working with a 14 year old who has been learning to code over the past few years. I am always happy to collaborate and share information with young developers as they strive to meet their goals. There were many people that helped me along the way when I had questions and needed coding help, so this was my way to give back to the community. After months of hard work going through the learning process, the young developers Jumpy Cat game was complete. I offered to publish it as my company product since I felt the student did a good job with the game, and it was well received by others that we asked to test it.

During the development process, I asked the young developer where he got the art, and was told it was from a site which allowed its reuse. There was never an intention on the part of the young developer or myself to “steal” anyone’s product. If Photon Storm would have sent me a private message informing me that the art on his site is only allowed to be utilized for free games, I most certainly would welcomed a professional conversation with him to discuss the matter further. There was never any intention on my part to deceive, nor did I behave in a “jerk” manner which @PhotonStorm accuses me of.

This is the comment and unwarranted claim by Photon Storm:

“Due to the speed at which the page was removed I believe it was Ninja Pig who pulled it, and not Nintendo. After they lied to us on twitter about where they "found" the art of course.

The saddest thing of all is that had they bothered to ask, we would probably have let them use the art anyway! (had full credit been given). But it's always the same.. they take and act like jerks when challenged over it, rather than apologise. Just sad to see this happen on a console I love so much.”

I handled this situation in the appropriate and professional way by removing the game from the market until I could research the legitimacy of Photons claim further. Photon did not make himself clear in his Twitter post which game he was accusing me of stealing art from. I never lied to him, I only needed clarification of what game he was accusing me of stealing his art for since I have 2 games on the Wii console, and Jumpy Cat was scheduled to be released on Thursday. I invited Photon to contact me offline so we could professionally discuss the matter further, rather than on a public venue. Photon has not elected to contact me offline, therefore I opted to delay the release of the game until I could speak further with the young developer about the art in question.

Prior to this incident, I have never had any interaction with Photon Storm. Therefore, I do not know how he can accuse me of the following “they take and act like jerks when challenged over it”. Nor did I lie on Twitter. I was simply trying to resolve which piece of art for what game they were talking about. Had Photon Storm contacted me directly, this situation could have been handled in a more professional way rather than knee jerk reactions and making unprofessional, unwarranted and inappropriate comments and slander on public venues. It is unfortunate that a misunderstanding became so enraged because the party in question did not have all the accurate information. I am offering an olive branch apology to Photon Storm for the misunderstanding, and would appreciate an apology in return for the unwarranted slanderous accusations.

Pretty sure the 14 year old developer is your younger brother.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GS_Games
Untitled

TeeJay

I feel like we're playing a Phoenix Wright game here. TAKE THAT!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

Im pretty sure we already knew that.

Where does he say otherwise? And why should it matter?

(Other than the fact that they each seem to have a game company, daddy must have money please adopt me)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

spurgeonryan

CaviarMeths wrote:

Your post just sold 200 more copies of the game.

Good! Its an addicting game!

Come visit me on Vgchartz!

MegaMari0

Absolutely sad.....pathetic really.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

LaserdiscGal

Mario90125 wrote:

Can someone lock this old thread? It serves no purpose now that Meme Run is out of the eShop.

Why did you even bother reviving it? We have a contact forum.

In the future just shoot us an email please!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.