Forums

Topic: is anyone worried about the wii U ??

Posts 101 to 120 of 154

Bankai

WingedFish wrote:

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that gaming consoles are judged by what other services they carry, seemingly more then the games and game quality they were originally made for these days? To go back to a time when consoles were only for games and not full of extra things to worry about...

Who judges consoles? The people.

Games industry expanded, people who have hobbies outside of games started buying consoles. Shoving all their interests in one box makes the console looks more appealing to them.

It's a little hard to say this trend for multi-purpose devices is anything but consumer-driven. So yes, you might not be the only person that wants their game consoles to do nothing more than play games, but you're in a minority for certain.

MAB

Now that TV, DVD and Music players have been incorporated the next next gen can look forward to yet another innovation.
Untitled

MAB

shingi_70

WingedFish wrote:

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that gaming consoles are judged by what other services they carry, seemingly more then the games and game quality they were originally made for these days? To go back to a time when consoles were only for games and not full of extra things to worry about...

Nahh I do more than play games. People love it.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

WingedFish wrote:

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that gaming consoles are judged by what other services they carry, seemingly more then the games and game quality they were originally made for these days?

Yes. I mean I understand...everyone else's rebuttal to this post, but it still kind of annoys me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

I just don't get why they will keep selling Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles for premium price, years after they came out. Wii dropped to less than half price later in it's main life(before being overshadowed by Wii U), and the other consoles still just keep going along at premium price. I saw that $99 Xbox 360 4GB sale, and it's locking you into an XBox Live 2 year contract at $15 a month(3 times more than a pre-paid card). That's $99+$360 for an Xbox that's gonna get outdated in a couple years. I'd rather just wait and get an Xbox for $600, by saving and extra $200 bucks in the span of 2 years. Then, you have to pay more for the services, and games. I don't think you guys(or do you?) realize, that all the services you guys guys are paying for cost more than the console itself within just a year when it comes to Xbox 360?
As for PS3... Internet's free, but you need to buy games, dvds, blurays, and other services that will end up costing more than the console itself, too.
I would rather use free internet to get all those things for free, rather than paying for free stuff.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Bankai

SCAR392 wrote:

I just don't get why they will keep selling Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles for premium price, years after they came out. Wii dropped to less than half price later in it's main life(before being overshadowed by Wii U), and the other consoles still just keep going along at premium price. I saw that $99 Xbox 360 4GB sale, and it's locking you into an XBox Live 2 year contract at $15 a month(3 times more than a pre-paid card). That's $99+$360 for an Xbox that's gonna get outdated in a couple years. I'd rather just wait and get an Xbox for $600, by saving and extra $200 bucks in the span of 2 years. Then, you have to pay more for the services, and games. I don't think you guys(or do you?) realize, that all the services you guys guys are paying for cost more than the console itself within just a year when it comes to Xbox 360?
As for PS3... Internet's free, but you need to buy games, dvds, blurays, and other services that will end up costing more than the console itself, too.
I would rather use free internet to get all those things for free, rather than paying for free stuff.

The point of an annuity payment model is that it fits in better with most adult's lifestyle. When it's a little difficult to justify dipping into the savings account for $600 up-front, it's much easier to pay a small amount each month over a couple of years. In effect it works no differently to a credit card, or personal loan, or a car, or mortgage. You end up paying more for the house with a mortgage too, but it's a little difficult to save up $500,000 in one hit.

Of course, when you're young and have minimal financial obligations it's easier just to pay for things upfront.

I bought my Vita as a 3G model, which meant that I paid for it as I would a mobile phone - $50/ month. I've cancelled out of the contract now (12 minimum payments), and yes, that meant I paid in total $600 over the course of the year.

I barely noticed $50/ month out of my wages though. $400 upfront, or whatever the Vita with a memory card would have cost, was a fair sized chunk out of my income, and I'm not a fan of living on instant noodles for a month so I can have a new toy.

You kinda have to pay for games with Nintendo consoles too, buddy. And if you buy enough Wii games you end up paying more on games than the console. And if you have Netflix etc on your Nintendo devices you need to pay for that as well. I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about there.

The only way to get most of the stuff you described above for free is illegally.

Edited on by Bankai

kereke12

Nooooo!!! it just came out people its still a baby it only 3 months old it hasn't even walked yet

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

BadKitty

kereke12 wrote:

Nooooo!!! it just came out people its still a baby it only 3 months old it hasn't even walked yet

In console years, its already retro~
PS4 is where its at :3

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

brooks83

I'm not worried about the Wii U. If it fails because of Nintendo's bone-headed decisions, then I would say it deserved to fail.

brooks83

cat100

I agree with Kereke12, the U just came out and I for one am ok with the titles I have on it now. The Cave, AC3, Nintendoland which was a shocker of a good game for me. Mario U again a great game. Trinity and a couple of others. I have enough title at the moment to get by until mid to late February. If I need to play a shooter at the moment I hit up my xbox if I want to watch a bluray I turn on my ps3, thats all it`s good for. For me I don`t own a Wii U to get games that every other system have, I own it cause of what all the rest don`t have which is alot. Plus sometimes you get tired of the same old recycled shooters that gets shared between the ps3 and xbox. How many Dead space3 games are needed? How many Call of Duties? I want different games something thats going to challenge a bit more. Wonderful 101 ,Pikman, games that are not looked on by some. I admit I had a Wii and passed on some games that turned out to be great and I enjoy them now. People all the death of Nintendo is overhyped. This is Nintendo and all they have given over the years is greatness.Just wait and be patient. Let the talkers talk cause soon they will be playing the Wii U also. I think We all will be surprised when E3 rolls around. Remember all the latest and greatest engines work on the U. Time peeps Time.

cat100

kereke12

Emeralds wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

In console years, its already retro~
PS4 is where its at :3

what do u mean wii u is not retro

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Ichiban

Im a bit concerned i must say. I wish Nintendo would cut the crap and give us the SNES2 like we all want. We are making a Wii console for you! now heres Wii Fit U, Sing Party, Game & Wario, etc. lame....

Ichiban

Sean_Aaron

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that gaming consoles are judged by what other services they carry, seemingly more then the games and game quality they were originally made for these days?

Yes. I mean I understand...everyone else's rebuttal to this post, but it still kind of annoys me.

I'm not annoyed by it, I just have no use for anything beyond the games. I already have a computer for media playing and I don't watch TV so no cable. I mean every time I try watching cable at my mother's flat when I visit her in California it's worse - you need a giant TV just to have enough real estate for the show amongst the ads on-screen at the same time in between the ad breaks that make up half the program slot!

Anyway, the Wii U isn't sinking, the entire games industry is in transition. Game companies that think Sony and Microsoft will save them with new systems are in for a surprise. It will get worse before it gets better, mark my words.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Chrono_Cross

Sean_Aaron wrote:

It will get worse before it gets better, mark my words.

Thanks, now I got permanent marker all over my monitor screen.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DaveGX

Sean_Aaron wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I'm not annoyed by it, I just have no use for anything beyond the games. I already have a computer for media playing and I don't watch TV so no cable. I mean every time I try watching cable at my mother's flat when I visit her in California it's worse - you need a giant TV just to have enough real estate for the show amongst the ads on-screen at the same time in between the ad breaks that make up half the program slot!

Anyway, the Wii U isn't sinking, the entire games industry is in transition. Game companies that think Sony and Microsoft will save them with new systems are in for a surprise. It will get worse before it gets better, mark my words.

Hmm....I dunno about that last bit to be honest, about WIi U sinking. I mean check it; I'm more than willing to bet tons of iphone/ipad owners didn't buy them solely for gaming, and is probably what a good majority may use the very least on them, which is just another reason why the PlayStation Vita is failing. This same factor could easily shelve Wii U despite its BC controls as well. As for the 3DS, I still place this 1 in question, as i've never found stylus gameplay very comfy to begin with. 1 reason writing left handed so I'm figuring on importanting a CPP XL(LL) for my 3DS XL, though I'm still not certain it'll make it any less awkward for me... it'll depends on the games.

Now as far as what Sony and Microsoft do, I would tend to believe they're simply taking baby steps at more immersive play styles while at the same time trying to maintain the high quality the hardcore audiences crave.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

The-Chosen-one

No not worried at all, i still enjoy it alot. its just the beginning and it will only get better, we just have to be patient, nintendo has something up their sleeves, cant wait for the monster hunter which is almost out,

The-Chosen-one

Late

MeowGravy wrote:

Im a bit concerned i must say. I wish Nintendo would cut the crap and give us the SNES2 like we all want. We are making a Wii console for you! now heres Wii Fit U, Sing Party, Game & Wario, etc. lame....

All those games have their own fans. I personally like WarioWare games and Game & Wario looks like it's pretty much like WarioWare. I don't think you can just say which games should be made and which not. They're just your personal opinions. And just to notice that Wii Fit was 6th best selling game on Wii (Wii Fit Plus at 7th place) and sold twice as much as Super Smash Bros Brawl or Super Mario Galaxy. I wouldn't stop making Wii Fit games if I'd get over 20 million copies sold.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

DaveGX

Funny you mention Wii Fit cause honestly originally I didn't buy because I wanted to, i bought it because i felt I needed to, and sadly I haven't even gone through all the normal excercises on it. Though there a few games on it here and there I do find fun, not all of them as some can just be mediocre, but just challenging. To put it briefly, those games I do play on it, I wanna like doing them, but at the same time I have slight trouble maintaining properly Nearly the same reason I have the original Your shape: Fitness Evolved for XBox 360.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

kereke12

MeowGravy wrote:

the wii u just came out not to long ago it still a baby give nintendo some time nintendo going to make a come back ull see u all see and when that days come im going to say i told you so to everyone that ever doubted nintendo

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Kage_88

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

This is a HUGE bugbear of mine.

For some reason, services provided by Sony/Microsft/Apple/etc. are viewed as the barometer for what is 'right' and 'wrong', and people seem to want Nintendo to follow in their footsteps, lest they be 'left behind' (looking at you, Pachter).

It annoys the hell out of me. Now, I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't ignore the financial successes enjoyed by their competitors as a result of their online services, but Nintendo should not lose sight of the fact that they need to boldly experiment with their online services; to provide unique experiences that can't be emulated by any of their competitors (but that won't stop them from trying, judging by history). Miiverse is a great example of Nintendo's playful ingenuity (even though the underlying social concept is as old as the hills), as was their special 'channels' found on the Wii (though not radically succssesful, were indicitave of the interesting things the company is willing to try).

Why on earth are gamers and media so desperate for Nintendo to become a clone of their competitors?

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.