Forums

Topic: Breaking News -- Nintendo Cuts Over 300 Staff

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

DefHalan

That is too bad

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kereke12

DefHalan wrote:

That is too bad

Yeah its too bad for the people who work at Nintendo.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

unrandomsam

Nintendo states that it felt it necessary to release a number of agency workers who had been employed in translation and testing activities, looking to “increase flexibility and cost-efficiency in the long-term."

Agency workers don't count as employees do they ?

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Sheesh that sucks hopefully everyone can get back on their own feet as quickly as possible.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

DefHalan

kereke12 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That is too bad

And too bad for the European audience, may take slightly longer to localize some games now

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kereke12

DefHalan wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That is too bad

And too bad for the European audience, may take slightly longer to localize some games now

I think its something to worry about when a company that big do lay-offs.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

“increase flexibility and cost-efficiency in the long-term." So much for that $8 billion in that bank huh??

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Octane

kereke12 wrote:

(And It begins)

What begins? The end of time? Doom and gloom for Nintendo?

NOE is moving their headquarters from Großostheim to Frankfurt, they're moving everything into one single building, meaning they can work more efficiently. 130 jobs are cut because of this, I'd imagine a lot of those people worked in the transportation business between the locations. Another 190 temporary workers are laid off as well, due to Nintendo planning on working closer together with more third-party companies in the near future. I don't see the problem, 310 people are going to lose their job, too bad for them, but if anything, this allows NOE to work a lot more efficient in the future.

Octane

ColdingLight

Jesus... I love how Nintendo try overshadow the bad news with rain from the heaven good news. Gotta love that practice.

Sarcasm aside, (Somewhat.) Nintendo of Europe has been treating there customers with endless generosity (as oppose to Nintendo of America.) and yet, they cutting 320 jobs? Is it because of the increased localization? Or maybe the obvious poor Wii U sales? Or......what?

Edited on by ColdingLight

ColdingLight

Nintendo Network ID: ColdingLight

Octane

ColdingLight wrote:

Jesus... I love how Nintendo try overshadow the bad news with rain from the heaven good news. Gotta love that practice.

Sarcasm aside, (Somewhat.) Nintendo of Europe has been treating there customers with endless generosity (as oppose to Nintendo of America.) and yet, they cutting 320 jobs? Is it because of the increased localization? Or maybe the obvious poor Wii U sales? Or......what?

Octane wrote:

NOE is moving their headquarters from Großostheim to Frankfurt, they're moving everything into one single building, meaning they can work more efficiently. 130 jobs are cut because of this, I'd imagine a lot of those people worked in the transportation business between the locations. Another 190 temporary workers are laid off as well, due to Nintendo planning on working closer together with more third-party companies in the near future. I don't see the problem, 310 people are going to lose their job, too bad for them, but if anything, this allows NOE to work a lot more efficient in the future.

Octane

Jazzer94

Octane wrote:

ColdingLight wrote:

Octane wrote:

I'll leave this to you as at least someone has sense plus we knew about this since June just ended up being more jobs lost then originally thought which is sad but a part of business, hopefully those people find new jobs soon.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

kkslider5552000

Significant changes in business in any way lead to job losses, which sucks but people sometimes over-react. I remember when Naughty Dog cut some of their staff but then when they rehired them, no one brought that part up.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

unrandomsam wrote:

Agency workers don't count as employees do they ?

According to German labor laws, agency workers are employees of the agency only, no contracts signed with the end-employer. So while they work for Nintendo they are not actually their employees, just hired guns.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Captain_Toad

Bummer for the 300.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ZyroXZ2

I find it ridiculous that every news site has jumped on reporting this, and while my condolences go out to those that have lost their job, the reality is that this kind of thing feeds the wrong image that Nintendo is battling...

Instead, I suggest we all just spend some time looking at: https://twitter.com/jobsatnintendo

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

Vincent294

Sparta has fallen. Being serious, this is sad for those affected. Here's to new employment opportunities for their former workers.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

brandonbwii

There have been far worse scenarios than this. At least it's not a "(insert game here) didn't sale so we're closing 10 of our studios and firing a thousand people" scenario.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

LzWinky

It happens all the time folks. This is simply a consolidation within a company.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

whodatninja

DefHalan wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That is too bad

As if that wasn't a problem already. It's only gonna get worse from now on

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.