Forums

Topic: Breaking News -- Nintendo Cuts Over 300 Staff

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Jazzer94

ZyroXZ2 wrote:

I find it ridiculous that every news site has jumped on reporting this, and while my condolences go out to those that have lost their job, the reality is that this kind of thing feeds the wrong image that Nintendo is battling...

Instead, I suggest we all just spend some time looking at: https://twitter.com/jobsatnintendo

News sites do this because it normally feeds flame wars bringing in the clicks hence when the situation occurs for Sony or the many jobs lost in Microsoft buying Nokia suddenly it is on most games sites.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jim_Purcell

Nintendo of Europe. The red headed step child of Nintendos.

Jim_Purcell

CM30

It's not surprising. Nintendo of Europe haven't marketed Nintendo games well at all, and their resulting terrible sales (especially for Wii U titles) likely made keeping all these people on staff unprofitable.

It's a shame, but anyone who's seen Nintendo's lack of decent marketing in the UK could probably have seen this coming...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Octane

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

And too bad for the European audience, may take slightly longer to localize some games now

As if that wasn't a problem already. It's only gonna get worse from now on

CM30 wrote:

It's not surprising. Nintendo of Europe haven't marketed Nintendo games well at all, and their resulting terrible sales (especially for Wii U titles) likely made keeping all these people on staff unprofitable.

It's a shame, but anyone who's seen Nintendo's lack of decent marketing in the UK could probably have seen this coming...

Why does nobody bother to read the article the OP provided (well, given what he said himself, he hasn't read the article either), or why does nobody read this topic in general? The problem is; everybody reads ''NINTENDO CUTS OVER 300 STAFF'', they go in panic-mode and think the end is coming for Nintendo. Those who get fired aren't unprofitable due to bad sales or anything, Nintendo of Europe is moving their headquarters from Großostheim to Frankfurt, allowing them to work closer together in one building; thus allowing them to work more efficiently. 130 people are fired because of this, not because they're unprofitable, but because they aren't needed anymore. There's no reason for transportation and communication services to exist between Großostheim and Frankfurt now all of NOE has moved into one building. Another 190 temporary agency workers in the localisation sector are being fired, because Nintendo plans to work together with more third-party companies in the near future. They're are basically trading in their temporary workers for more reliable third-party companies. And guess what? This means we'll see a lot of games get localised a lot quicker than before.

This is the internet, everything you need to know it literally a few clicks away, please do some research before spreading these ungrounded doom and gloom stories about Nintendo.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

MikeLove

WaLzgi wrote:

It happens all the time folks. This is simply a consolidation within a company.

Except when Sony and Microsoft do it. Then it is a sign they are losing money.

MikeLove

LzWinky

So the full extent of the story has been explained. 190 members of the "cut staff" are simply contracted translators from an agency. They were not actually "fired" per say, their contracts were just ended. They could still work for the agency and get jobs elsewhere.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

It's a shame for the community of Großostheim though, since Nintendo's presence is pretty much the town's only claim to fame (well that and being the birthplace of olympic gold medalist Otto Becker).

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jariw

What's the "Breaking News" here? This restructuring thing and the loss of jobs have been known for quite some time now.

jariw

Chandlero

cookiex wrote:

It's a shame for the community of Großostheim though, since Nintendo's presence is pretty much the town's only claim to fame.

Fame? Most Germans don't know the city "Großostheim" unless they are Nintendo-Fans or living nearby. Nintendo of Europe was joking and named the home city in "Secret of Evermore" after this city in the German edition. Only for that reason I learned about the location of the headquarters of NoE.

Of course it's better to have the head office in a real city with infrastructure like Frankfurt. Nintendo of Japan can be found in Kyōto and not in Mine.

Edited on by Chandlero

Kolzig

Hopefully this centralizing and moving to Frankfurt means that Nintendo will open a whole Europe wide unified Club Nintendo for all countries instead of the dumb Club Nintendo system that is only open separately in just a few European countries.

They really need to sort their mess out.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.