Wii U Forum

Topic: anyone sticking with wii u for mostly next gen?

Showing 101 to 120 of 266

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

101. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Wavesta Exactamondo compadre,

You can catch me packin' a 4TB WiiU
I will be that MadAussieBloke ain't much you can do
Gots no time for the PSBOX41 lame crew
I would rather spend my cash slammin' down a cold brew
Don't be givin' MAB that same old lecture about sales
When my GIFS paint pictures with harder facts like professors at Yale
Punks be whining again when their PS4 fails
Son I'm SEGA raised and bred ;)
You're all just MicroSony girly ponytails...

WiiU + 3DS word to your brothers girlfriends mother
Can I get a DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!
Untitled

You had me until 'DIGITAL' ;)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MAB

102. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Wavesta Exactamondo compadre,

You can catch me packin' a 4TB WiiU
I will be that MadAussieBloke ain't much you can do
Gots no time for the PSBOX41 lame crew
I would rather spend my cash slammin' down a cold brew
Don't be givin' MAB that same old lecture about sales
When my GIFS paint pictures with harder facts like professors at Yale
Punks be whining again when their PS4 fails
Son I'm SEGA raised and bred ;)
You're all just MicroSony girly ponytails...

WiiU + 3DS word to your brothers girlfriends mother
Can I get a DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!
Untitled

You had me until 'DIGITAL' ;)

That means my job has been successful ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

Romeo

103. Posted:

nope :)

i love Nintendo and i've got my 3DS XL + Wii U.. and i've already got a lot of games + will be buying SO MANY more for these two systems
Nintendo games > all

but that doesn't change the fact that there are other great games out there.... i like playing RTS games on my laptop.. and i'll also be getting a Playstation 4 (my first playstation) for games like Thief 4, the next Tomb Raider, The Last Guardian, Uncharted, Mirror's Edge 2, etc.

yes.. Nintendo is my favorite company and i'll always be more excited about Nintendo games (Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros., etc.), but there are other great games out there for me to enjoy!

• i have friends who don't have any console and only play PC-games... so i can't really go Wii U-only
    Laptop + Wii U + 3DS XL + PS4 -> that's all i need for gaming

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

104. Posted:

I was thinking about it, but as it turns out.. In 2014 Wii U officially becomes a platform for Nintendo content only. So no, Playstation 4 will become part of the family and the main console while Wii U will be kept for those Nintendo moments.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

Mr_Nose

105. Posted:

Okay, I want a MAB action figure now.

Edited on by Mr_Nose

3DS:
5413 - 1299 - 6184
Wii U:
Mr.Nose
Bink

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1299-6184 | Nintendo Network ID: MrNose

AuthorMessage

pntjr

106. Posted:

I have a Wii U and Pc, so I don't NEED anything else.

But that PS4 is just calling my name...

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

107. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

I was thinking about it, but as it turns out.. In 2014 Wii U officially becomes a platform for Nintendo content only. So no, Playstation 4 will become part of the family and the main console while Wii U will be kept for those Nintendo moments.

FINALLY!!!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

108. Posted:

Yeah, the Wii U is looking extremely sparse for 3rd party content, much more so in comparison to the Wii which had it's share of neat 3rd party titles that made great use of the wii remote. This time around, It's like we're getting slapped together Bro Box multiconsole releases that were already available last gen and there's been practically zero interest in utilizing the wii u game pad in innovative and fun ways otuside of of the Big N. I Wouldn't mind seeing a Zack & Wiki or Elebits sequel, but konami and Capcom have moved on to other things, like mass destruction, mindless zombie hack and slashing, call of dutying' Resident Evil, killing off mega man, forgetting viewtiful joe Joe & power stone ever existed, sticking ghosts 'n goblins in a vintage coma, and giving birth to too many street fighters.

They've lost their ways and have sold out to this teen beat generation of violence craving Broboxers :P Konami is even worse at this point. So what's left for me? I don't really have that much interest in western developed videogames to be honest...Unless you are a Retro studios, Next Level, Wayforward or a yacht club. ;) I'll give it a couple of years, maybe my stance will change.

for now I'm living in a world of Nintendo baby and that's all that i need...Aside from Kelly Kapowski's phone number. ;)
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

109. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

I was thinking about it, but as it turns out.. In 2014 Wii U officially becomes a platform for Nintendo content only

if you pretend indies don't exist ok

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MAB

110. Posted:

SirGreatNose wrote:

Okay, I want a MAB action figure now.

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

Mr_Nose

111. Posted:

LMFAO!!!!

3DS:
5413 - 1299 - 6184
Wii U:
Mr.Nose
Bink

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

112. Posted:

steamhare wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@steamhare You must not have read the article. The margin I posted was for a $20 brick and mortar game. That low profit margin is what convinced them to go digital and get a 70/30 split with valve.

My post clearly indicates I understood these facts, as I did read the article. None of it indicates how much a $60 game makes at retail. Still.

Also, your graph does not say that developers receive $7 from sales. That $7 is actually the amount of a game's price used to cover returns. The developer cut is not given anywhere in the pie chart or article.

Sorry about that article, it was the best thing I could find. My original pie chart showed about $9 for the dev, so I saw $7 and went with that. This chart is from feedvibe (I haven't used the before, and they are offline now, so I can't vouch for accuracy) and it's what people are estimating around the internet.
Untitled

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

UTXGamer

113. Posted:

If Nintendo sticks to their normal console life cycle, the Wii U successor will be out in 2017 or 2018. With that in mind I'll likely pick up a PS4 in 2016. By then the price will have come down, there will likely be some very good bundles available and there will be a strong catalog of games. I assume the sports games and 3rd party games I'd mainly get on it will be available for PS3 for at least the next 2, maybe 3 years.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

114. Posted:

I kind of see my Wii u/3ds as a single system. I know it doesn't exactly work out that way, but for the price of an xbone, I got a Wii u and a portable system, plus a few games when you consider the $60 you spend for online play.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

115. Posted:

yep, I'll never buy a console by microsoft again just because of how pathetic they were at E3, who the hell do they think they are anyway?
PS4 looks okay but I'm not interested in all that high-tech stuff. I just wanna be able to play some good games, and im lookin forward to nintendo's popular franchises such as ssbb mario kart zelda etc. So yeah, i'm sticking to that

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

116. Posted:

@Miss_Dark

Pray tell how were they pathetic? Only company I felt actively embarrassed about during E3 was Nintendo to be honest.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

117. Posted:

I liked Nintendo's E3 the most. They showed Mario Kart 8, Super Smash, and an admittedly underwhelming trailer of Super Mario 3D World. As most of us know, 3D World ended up being alot better than the show at E3.

Anywho, I was more impressed with Nintendo's show, but that's beside the point that now we know Xbox One and PS4's games at E3 ended up not being as hot as everyone made them out to be. That's my take.

W101 beats Knack, IMO, and W101 wasn't even supposed to be as big as Knack on a consumer interest level as a launch title. ZombiU is still relevant, especially in hindsight and now that the hype has died down a bit.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Mr_Nose

118. Posted:

Not to mention zero backwards compatibility. Better hang on to your 360s and your PS3s. Might wanna invest in a bigger entertainment center. 'course you could just get rid of them, and tough out the drought.

Another thing that always ticked me off about Microsoft, if they could charge you for turning on the 360 they probably would. I used to unplug my wireless adapter because I got tired of waiting for commercials to load. Yeah, I want to see a car advert when I fire my system up.

Which brings up another point. If commercial TV, and Radio is free, BECAUSE you're forced to watch commercials, then why isn't 'Xbox Live' free?

<--<< Stickin' like glue, with Wii U!

EDIT: Hey! Where's me Christmassy Avatar?

Edited on by Mr_Nose

3DS:
5413 - 1299 - 6184
Wii U:
Mr.Nose
Bink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

119. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I liked Nintendo's E3 the most. They showed Mario Kart 8, Super Smash, and an admittedly underwhelming trailer of Super Mario 3D World. As most of us know, 3D World ended up being alot better than the show at E3.

the actual E3 show was boring but it had the most games worth getting exciting about (that were focused on and/or exclusive at least). The problem is really that people want to be excited by gaming, especially at E3, and Nintendo made the least interesting show possible with almost exclusively games that were already announced. The presentation of a Nintendo Direct is not comparable and it was somehow more boring than other Nintendo Directs.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

120. Posted:

the only non-nintendo game i'm interested in right now is Watch_Dogs, and i'll be getting the game on PS4 for better AI and more people in the city. and the Next TES game, which is pretty much guaranteed not to come on a nintendo console. i'm interested in anything involving naughty-dog as well. i'll be getting a PS4 for all of this. i think people only buy nintendo consoles nowadays for nintendo exclusives. if nintendo became 3rd party, i'd actually be glad. less money i need to spend on another console.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.