Forums

Topic: anyone sticking with wii u for mostly next gen?

Posts 101 to 120 of 248

Mr_Nose

LMFAO!!!!

3DS:
5413 - 1299 - 6184
Wii U:
Mr.Nose
Bink

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1299-6184 | Nintendo Network ID: MrNose

SkywardLink98

steamhare wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@steamhare You must not have read the article. The margin I posted was for a $20 brick and mortar game. That low profit margin is what convinced them to go digital and get a 70/30 split with valve.

My post clearly indicates I understood these facts, as I did read the article. None of it indicates how much a $60 game makes at retail. Still.

Also, your graph does not say that developers receive $7 from sales. That $7 is actually the amount of a game's price used to cover returns. The developer cut is not given anywhere in the pie chart or article.

Sorry about that article, it was the best thing I could find. My original pie chart showed about $9 for the dev, so I saw $7 and went with that. This chart is from feedvibe (I haven't used the before, and they are offline now, so I can't vouch for accuracy) and it's what people are estimating around the internet.
Untitled

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

UTXGamer

If Nintendo sticks to their normal console life cycle, the Wii U successor will be out in 2017 or 2018. With that in mind I'll likely pick up a PS4 in 2016. By then the price will have come down, there will likely be some very good bundles available and there will be a strong catalog of games. I assume the sports games and 3rd party games I'd mainly get on it will be available for PS3 for at least the next 2, maybe 3 years.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

rockodoodle

I kind of see my Wii u/3ds as a single system. I know it doesn't exactly work out that way, but for the price of an xbone, I got a Wii u and a portable system, plus a few games when you consider the $60 you spend for online play.

rockodoodle

shingi_70

@Miss_Dark

Pray tell how were they pathetic? Only company I felt actively embarrassed about during E3 was Nintendo to be honest.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

I liked Nintendo's E3 the most. They showed Mario Kart 8, Super Smash, and an admittedly underwhelming trailer of Super Mario 3D World. As most of us know, 3D World ended up being alot better than the show at E3.

Anywho, I was more impressed with Nintendo's show, but that's beside the point that now we know Xbox One and PS4's games at E3 ended up not being as hot as everyone made them out to be. That's my take.

W101 beats Knack, IMO, and W101 wasn't even supposed to be as big as Knack on a consumer interest level as a launch title. ZombiU is still relevant, especially in hindsight and now that the hype has died down a bit.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Mr_Nose

Not to mention zero backwards compatibility. Better hang on to your 360s and your PS3s. Might wanna invest in a bigger entertainment center. 'course you could just get rid of them, and tough out the drought.

Another thing that always ticked me off about Microsoft, if they could charge you for turning on the 360 they probably would. I used to unplug my wireless adapter because I got tired of waiting for commercials to load. Yeah, I want to see a car advert when I fire my system up.

Which brings up another point. If commercial TV, and Radio is free, BECAUSE you're forced to watch commercials, then why isn't 'Xbox Live' free?

<--<< Stickin' like glue, with Wii U!

EDIT: Hey! Where's me Christmassy Avatar?

Edited on by Mr_Nose

3DS:
5413 - 1299 - 6184
Wii U:
Mr.Nose
Bink

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1299-6184 | Nintendo Network ID: MrNose

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

I liked Nintendo's E3 the most. They showed Mario Kart 8, Super Smash, and an admittedly underwhelming trailer of Super Mario 3D World. As most of us know, 3D World ended up being alot better than the show at E3.

the actual E3 show was boring but it had the most games worth getting exciting about (that were focused on and/or exclusive at least). The problem is really that people want to be excited by gaming, especially at E3, and Nintendo made the least interesting show possible with almost exclusively games that were already announced. The presentation of a Nintendo Direct is not comparable and it was somehow more boring than other Nintendo Directs.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HappyHappyist

the only non-nintendo game i'm interested in right now is Watch_Dogs, and i'll be getting the game on PS4 for better AI and more people in the city. and the Next TES game, which is pretty much guaranteed not to come on a nintendo console. i'm interested in anything involving naughty-dog as well. i'll be getting a PS4 for all of this. i think people only buy nintendo consoles nowadays for nintendo exclusives. if nintendo became 3rd party, i'd actually be glad. less money i need to spend on another console.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Quenaelin

I bought Wii mainly because of motion controlled games and Wii U game releases are being most optimistic towards motion controlled games, like NFS and COD games. So I will continue to support Nintendo. Perhaps more motion controlled games will be released in the future, hope so, otherwise I would buy PC version instead. I don't like Nintendo games so much, motion gaming is only thing which matters to me.

Edited on by Quenaelin

Motion Gaming Rules

rallydefault

SirGreatNose wrote:

Not to mention zero backwards compatibility. Better hang on to your 360s and your PS3s. Might wanna invest in a bigger entertainment center. 'course you could just get rid of them, and tough out the drought.

Another thing that always ticked me off about Microsoft, if they could charge you for turning on the 360 they probably would. I used to unplug my wireless adapter because I got tired of waiting for commercials to load. Yeah, I want to see a car advert when I fire my system up.

Which brings up another point. If commercial TV, and Radio is free, BECAUSE you're forced to watch commercials, then why isn't 'Xbox Live' free?

<--<< Stickin' like glue, with Wii U!

EDIT: Hey! Where's me Christmassy Avatar?

What about PS4's streaming service for PS3 games? We can't just write that off. If they can get that up and running smoothly, they just sold themselves to A LOT of gamers. I'm in that terrible place that many gamers are right now: I went with 360 this past gen, but started to regret it more and more toward the end when PS3 started releasing absolutely outstanding games in quick succession. I don't want to buy a PS3 for 200 bucks AND an Xbox One or PS4.

For the Xbox One, I played all of Microsoft's exclusives, so the absence of backwards compatibility means absolutely nothing to me.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

I'm not even interested in the streaming. Much less, PS+.

I had PS+ for a year, and that subscription is absolutely tragic if they don't release things you're interested in.
The only way that service could mean something, is if you pour at least 3× the ammount you paid for the service(including the service) when you use the PS+ deals, and there were plenty of times that discounts right around the corner, after they try to make it look like you're getting a good deal on PS+.

Don't even try to tell me that crap is free. At this point, PS+ is basically required for online, so it doesn't sound as bad to get some freebies with the online service, but there was hardly any point to buy when it wasn't required, IMO.
The games aren't free. They let you borrow them, and then that cash is gone.

As for Xbox Live Gold, at lesst they let you keep the stuff they give you as long as you have the service. It's false value to give you something for a price that you won't be able to keep.

Qwest

Solado

I never got my Wii U in consideration of next gen gaming as I was doing next gen gaming on my PC back in 2009 when my hardware matched the new XBO / PS4. I got my Wii U because its so much fun to play with other people than just on my own, as i'm getting older (23 and saying older lulz) I want a more social experience out of my games instead of playing with complete strangers over the internet.

PC gaming is a very solitary environment, yea you have steam and skype. But the real human to human interaction isn't there, Wii U Bowling for example I played with my brother and had much more fun than playing a new AAA title on my own. Same with Super Mario Bros and such.

Also as game development costs are rising the price of games are. I simply can not justify spending £40 on a game, it's simply too much money for me now I live away from my family home. I couldn't afford to keep up with games on the PS4/XBO even if I wanted too and thats not to mention all the DLC that's coming in the new titles.

I am sticking with the Wii U because it's much cheaper than any other console gaming at the moment and for me I believe it to be the same way in the future. The graphics and hardware in the Wii U is powerful enough to produce some great games and for the times I really want eye candy I have my PC for that.

3DS Friend Code: 5429-8131-0873
I love Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft - why? I am a true gamer.

Sean_Aaron

The PS4 has some exclusives so I guess there's a marketplace there, but I really don't get the XBox One appeal given you can get many of the games like Titanfall on PC. That plus the rumour of the new CEO and many investors wanting MS to sell their loss-making gaming division makes that seem like the most questionable console to back this year.

Wii U all the way!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

RedDevilAde

Only intend to have Wii U at the moment (bought at launch), if a game that appeals to me came out on one of the other systems I'd consider it (a new Banjo Kazooie on XBox One springs to mind) but all of the other IPs I like to play are Nintendo ones at the moment so I don't have much desire for the other systems right now. Has all 3 systems last gen and felt it was a big waste of money as I mainly played Wii and never used my PS3 for much other than an entertainment hub (which I now use apple TV for).

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

GuSolarFlare

Sean_Aaron wrote:

The PS4 has some exclusives so I guess there's a marketplace there, but I really don't get the XBox One appeal given you can get many of the games like Titanfall on PC. That plus the rumour of the new CEO and many investors wanting MS to sell their loss-making gaming division makes that seem like the most questionable console to back this year.

Wii U all the way!

fanboy impression time
"what Microsoft is selling their game division!?!?!?!??!? insert cursing here yeah! I hope Nintendo/Sony buys them because I want to stop pretending I hate all XBox games. ROFL"

now for a serious comment on this, yeah even the XBox controllers work on PCs right? so except the few exclusives and a bunch of multiplatform games that for some strange reason aren't ported to PC the XBox might be pointless. but it's still better wait to see what happens by the end of 2014/start of 2015 before assuming anything...

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SCRAPPER392

@Jimtendo
I get what you mean. I completely understand that some people really like the stuff they offer on PS+. I'm just not one of those people.

In terms of last generation, I was with you most of the way about the subscription stuff. I have a PS3, and I was playing RE5 and Metal Gear Online for free. It was great, but I started to notice some weird decisions, and PS+ is one of those decisions.
I ended up having a ton of games I didn't like on my HDD, and had spent alot of money on games that didn't really last me that long, so it left me sour to the service. Now it's required, so it's not that big of a deal to get freebies.

It's just my opinion that PS+ was a useless service on PS3.

Qwest

banacheck

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm not even interested in the streaming. Much less, PS+.

I had PS+ for a year, and that subscription is absolutely tragic if they don't release things you're interested in.
The only way that service could mean something, is if you pour at least 3× the ammount you paid for the service(including the service) when you use the PS+ deals, and there were plenty of times that discounts right around the corner, after they try to make it look like you're getting a good deal on PS+.

Don't even try to tell me that crap is free. At this point, PS+ is basically required for online, so it doesn't sound as bad to get some freebies with the online service, but there was hardly any point to buy when it wasn't required, IMO.
The games aren't free. They let you borrow them, and then that cash is gone.

As for Xbox Live Gold, at lesst they let you keep the stuff they give you as long as you have the service. It's false value to give you something for a price that you won't be able to keep.

You rip PlayStation+ for not letting you keep the stuff then go on to say,

As for Xbox Live Gold, at lesst they let you keep the stuff they give you as long as you have the "service"

WTF??? it's only on PS4 that you need it for multiplayer PS3 & PSVita is free, also if you own a PS3,PS4,PSVita thats 3 different platforms you can get discounts, monthly games etc.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

@GuSilverFlame @Sean_Aaron

The selling of the xbox division is unlikely as Elop isn't confirmed to be CEO and even if he is, Gates and Ballmer are both Majority shareholders and on the board of directors and they both love the Xbox Division.

@SCAR392

But is isn't a useless service you just seems to have a very specific taste in games. I mean out of every AAA and indie game they give you for freee you couldn't find that much that appealed to you.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

GuSolarFlare

@shingi_70 I was joking on the first half of that post... I doubt they'd sell XBox before even knowing if One will have success or not I mean it just released this month, it's still too early to say if it's good or not...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.