Wii U Forum

Topic: anyone sticking with wii u for mostly next gen?

Showing 121 to 140 of 266

AuthorMessage

Quenaelin

121. Posted:

I bought Wii mainly because of motion controlled games and Wii U game releases are being most optimistic towards motion controlled games, like NFS and COD games. So I will continue to support Nintendo. Perhaps more motion controlled games will be released in the future, hope so, otherwise I would buy PC version instead. I don't like Nintendo games so much, motion gaming is only thing which matters to me.

Edited on by Quenaelin

Motion Gaming Rules

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

122. Posted:

SirGreatNose wrote:

Not to mention zero backwards compatibility. Better hang on to your 360s and your PS3s. Might wanna invest in a bigger entertainment center. 'course you could just get rid of them, and tough out the drought.

Another thing that always ticked me off about Microsoft, if they could charge you for turning on the 360 they probably would. I used to unplug my wireless adapter because I got tired of waiting for commercials to load. Yeah, I want to see a car advert when I fire my system up.

Which brings up another point. If commercial TV, and Radio is free, BECAUSE you're forced to watch commercials, then why isn't 'Xbox Live' free?

<--<< Stickin' like glue, with Wii U!

EDIT: Hey! Where's me Christmassy Avatar?

What about PS4's streaming service for PS3 games? We can't just write that off. If they can get that up and running smoothly, they just sold themselves to A LOT of gamers. I'm in that terrible place that many gamers are right now: I went with 360 this past gen, but started to regret it more and more toward the end when PS3 started releasing absolutely outstanding games in quick succession. I don't want to buy a PS3 for 200 bucks AND an Xbox One or PS4.

For the Xbox One, I played all of Microsoft's exclusives, so the absence of backwards compatibility means absolutely nothing to me.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

123. Posted:

I'm not even interested in the streaming. Much less, PS+.

I had PS+ for a year, and that subscription is absolutely tragic if they don't release things you're interested in.
The only way that service could mean something, is if you pour at least 3× the ammount you paid for the service(including the service) when you use the PS+ deals, and there were plenty of times that discounts right around the corner, after they try to make it look like you're getting a good deal on PS+.

Don't even try to tell me that crap is free. At this point, PS+ is basically required for online, so it doesn't sound as bad to get some freebies with the online service, but there was hardly any point to buy when it wasn't required, IMO.
The games aren't free. They let you borrow them, and then that cash is gone.

As for Xbox Live Gold, at lesst they let you keep the stuff they give you as long as you have the service. It's false value to give you something for a price that you won't be able to keep.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

124. Posted:

At the moment I'm quite happy with Wii U and don't need to buy a PS4 as there are currently not enough games to warrant a purchase, but I know I'll be feeling a little different when Uncharted 4 rolls out...

Favourite games of all time: Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, THe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Halo 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last Of Us.

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

125. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I had PS+ for a year, and that subscription is absolutely tragic if they don't release things you're interested in.
The only way that service could mean something, is if you pour at least 3× the ammount you paid for the service(including the service) when you use the PS+ deals, and there were plenty of times that discounts right around the corner, after they try to make it look like you're getting a good deal on PS+.

Don't even try to tell me that crap is free. At this point, PS+ is basically required for online, so it doesn't sound as bad to get some freebies with the online service, but there was hardly any point to buy when it wasn't required, IMO.

As for Xbox Live Gold, at lesst they let you keep the stuff they give you as long as you have the service. It's false value to give you something for a price that you won't be able to keep.

Oooh, I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on on that one... I feel that a wide variety of games have been released on PS+ and as a result, I have managed to try a lot of games that I wouldn't have checked out. I have also saved money on AAA blockbuster titles like AC3, BF3 and MGRR, which if I'd have purchased them seperately, would have cost me £120. Instead, it has cost me £40. I get what you mean about not actually owning them, but it is a very small price to pay.

I also think it's ridiculous that If I want to play GTA5 online now, I'll have to pay additional money just to go online. Something that Rock star aren't even charging for, whereas if I've got the PS3 version, I don't have to pay a penny to access content that is already in the game that I bought.

I stopped being ripped off by Micro$oft a long time ago.

Favourite games of all time: Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, THe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Halo 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last Of Us.

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

Solado

126. Posted:

I never got my Wii U in consideration of next gen gaming as I was doing next gen gaming on my PC back in 2009 when my hardware matched the new XBO / PS4. I got my Wii U because its so much fun to play with other people than just on my own, as i'm getting older (23 and saying older lulz) I want a more social experience out of my games instead of playing with complete strangers over the internet.

PC gaming is a very solitary environment, yea you have steam and skype. But the real human to human interaction isn't there, Wii U Bowling for example I played with my brother and had much more fun than playing a new AAA title on my own. Same with Super Mario Bros and such.

Also as game development costs are rising the price of games are. I simply can not justify spending £40 on a game, it's simply too much money for me now I live away from my family home. I couldn't afford to keep up with games on the PS4/XBO even if I wanted too and thats not to mention all the DLC that's coming in the new titles.

I am sticking with the Wii U because it's much cheaper than any other console gaming at the moment and for me I believe it to be the same way in the future. The graphics and hardware in the Wii U is powerful enough to produce some great games and for the times I really want eye candy I have my PC for that.

3DS Friend Code: 5429-8131-0873
I love Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft - why? I am a true gamer.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

127. Posted:

The PS4 has some exclusives so I guess there's a marketplace there, but I really don't get the XBox One appeal given you can get many of the games like Titanfall on PC. That plus the rumour of the new CEO and many investors wanting MS to sell their loss-making gaming division makes that seem like the most questionable console to back this year.

Wii U all the way!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

RedDevilAde

128. Posted:

Only intend to have Wii U at the moment (bought at launch), if a game that appeals to me came out on one of the other systems I'd consider it (a new Banjo Kazooie on XBox One springs to mind) but all of the other IPs I like to play are Nintendo ones at the moment so I don't have much desire for the other systems right now. Has all 3 systems last gen and felt it was a big waste of money as I mainly played Wii and never used my PS3 for much other than an entertainment hub (which I now use apple TV for).

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

129. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

The PS4 has some exclusives so I guess there's a marketplace there, but I really don't get the XBox One appeal given you can get many of the games like Titanfall on PC. That plus the rumour of the new CEO and many investors wanting MS to sell their loss-making gaming division makes that seem like the most questionable console to back this year.

Wii U all the way!

fanboy impression time
"what Microsoft is selling their game division!?!?!?!??!? insert cursing here yeah! I hope Nintendo/Sony buys them because I want to stop pretending I hate all XBox games. ROFL"

now for a serious comment on this, yeah even the XBox controllers work on PCs right? so except the few exclusives and a bunch of multiplatform games that for some strange reason aren't ported to PC the XBox might be pointless. but it's still better wait to see what happens by the end of 2014/start of 2015 before assuming anything...

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

130. Posted:

@Jimtendo
I get what you mean. I completely understand that some people really like the stuff they offer on PS+. I'm just not one of those people.

In terms of last generation, I was with you most of the way about the subscription stuff. I have a PS3, and I was playing RE5 and Metal Gear Online for free. It was great, but I started to notice some weird decisions, and PS+ is one of those decisions.
I ended up having a ton of games I didn't like on my HDD, and had spent alot of money on games that didn't really last me that long, so it left me sour to the service. Now it's required, so it's not that big of a deal to get freebies.

It's just my opinion that PS+ was a useless service on PS3.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

banacheck

131. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

You rip PlayStation+ for not letting you keep the stuff then go on to say,

As for Xbox Live Gold, at lesst they let you keep the stuff they give you as long as you have the "service"

WTF??? it's only on PS4 that you need it for multiplayer PS3 & PSVita is free, also if you own a PS3,PS4,PSVita thats 3 different platforms you can get discounts, monthly games etc.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

132. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame @Sean_Aaron

The selling of the xbox division is unlikely as Elop isn't confirmed to be CEO and even if he is, Gates and Ballmer are both Majority shareholders and on the board of directors and they both love the Xbox Division.

@SCAR392

But is isn't a useless service you just seems to have a very specific taste in games. I mean out of every AAA and indie game they give you for freee you couldn't find that much that appealed to you.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

133. Posted:

@shingi_70 I was joking on the first half of that post... I doubt they'd sell XBox before even knowing if One will have success or not I mean it just released this month, it's still too early to say if it's good or not...

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

134. Posted:

So aside from not being interested in either the 4 or the One, i think it would be overkill owning anymore consoles...In terms of modern gaming, here's an example of what it's like to be in my clown shoes. ;)

Wii U retail
3DS Retail
Wii U VC - (Then again, the only 'new' release is Earthbound)
3DS VC - (GameBoy & Gameboy Color that is)
WiiuWare
3DSWare

AND a backlog of Wii games
including WiiWare. :P

I'm already in over my head, anybody else feel the same way? I mean....This isn't like owning a Genesis & SNES, Owning both would be easy breezey(just retail titles!) if you were lucky enough to owned both consoles during their release.then. Now it feels like i'm lost in giant massive video game jungle.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

supermario182

135. Posted:

i might end up with a ps3 from a friend who has a ps4 already, but other than that i doubt it. i cant justify paying that much for another console when the majority of games dont appeal to me.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

AuthorMessage

LDXD

136. Posted:

Nope Wii u , PC, and soon to be ps4/vita

LDXD

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

137. Posted:

I'm just saying that PS+ isn't as good as people made it out to be. It was better on PS3, but now since it's required for PS4, the value has hit rock bottom. Xbox Live Gold has deals and gives away free stuff that you can actually keep, even if it's far a few between.

On Wii U alone, I can spend that $50 on games I can keep, instead of borrowing them through a required online service.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

banacheck

138. Posted:

For £0.11p a day you get discounts & monthly games if you got them games new it would cost you £2560 at the RRP, even if you payed £15 pre game thats still £960 a saving of £920. And if you own just two of the platforms thats 128 games a year for the price of one game for a years subscription, and your telling people the value has hit rock bottom dream on.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

139. Posted:

Sticking with Wii U, 3DS, and PC (cheaper, performs better for 3rd party games, etc) for this gen. I really don't have a reason to buy a PS4 now, since Persona 5 is on the PS3, maybe some good JRPG's on the PS4 will be the only way.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

140. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

For £0.11p a day you get discounts & monthly games if you got them games new it would cost you £2560 at the RRP, even if you payed £15 pre game thats still £960 a saving of £920. And if you own just two of the platforms thats 128 games a year for the price of one game for a years subscription, and your telling people the value has hit rock bottom dream on.

Alot of the games are old now, though. PS+ won't really matter unless they have some HUGE PS4 titles. The only one I can think of is Drive Club, and that's going into a gaming genre I generally don't care about.

Not to mention that you can't have access to those games unless you currently have a subscription. If you start a PS+ subscription tommorow, you won't even get every single game that @shingi_70 is showing. Only the Sony 1st party games are available regardless of when you subscribe.

Can anyone confirm any noteworthy titles that PS4 offers? PS3 games won't even be available for PS4, so there is literally no value besides paying for online and getting a few free to play games like DriveClub. I can get free online with Wii U, F2P can still be utilized, and I can spend my $50 on other stuff.

Then there's Music/Video Unlimited. Same deal. They should have just made PS+ give you access to every subscription on the system, but now Sony continues to rely on other services, because they can't get their own together.

EDIT: In otherwords, Sony is competing with it's own system. Why have Netflix or other streaming services when you have your own? It's counterproductive.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²