Forums

Topic: anyone sticking with wii u for mostly next gen?

Posts 121 to 140 of 248

SCRAPPER392

I'm just saying that PS+ isn't as good as people made it out to be. It was better on PS3, but now since it's required for PS4, the value has hit rock bottom. Xbox Live Gold has deals and gives away free stuff that you can actually keep, even if it's far a few between.

On Wii U alone, I can spend that $50 on games I can keep, instead of borrowing them through a required online service.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

banacheck

For £0.11p a day you get discounts & monthly games if you got them games new it would cost you £2560 at the RRP, even if you payed £15 pre game thats still £960 a saving of £920. And if you own just two of the platforms thats 128 games a year for the price of one game for a years subscription, and your telling people the value has hit rock bottom dream on.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Wheeler

Sticking with Wii U, 3DS, and PC (cheaper, performs better for 3rd party games, etc) for this gen. I really don't have a reason to buy a PS4 now, since Persona 5 is on the PS3, maybe some good JRPG's on the PS4 will be the only way.

Wheeler

SCRAPPER392

banacheck wrote:

For £0.11p a day you get discounts & monthly games if you got them games new it would cost you £2560 at the RRP, even if you payed £15 pre game thats still £960 a saving of £920. And if you own just two of the platforms thats 128 games a year for the price of one game for a years subscription, and your telling people the value has hit rock bottom dream on.

Alot of the games are old now, though. PS+ won't really matter unless they have some HUGE PS4 titles. The only one I can think of is Drive Club, and that's going into a gaming genre I generally don't care about.

Not to mention that you can't have access to those games unless you currently have a subscription. If you start a PS+ subscription tommorow, you won't even get every single game that @shingi_70 is showing. Only the Sony 1st party games are available regardless of when you subscribe.

Can anyone confirm any noteworthy titles that PS4 offers? PS3 games won't even be available for PS4, so there is literally no value besides paying for online and getting a few free to play games like DriveClub. I can get free online with Wii U, F2P can still be utilized, and I can spend my $50 on other stuff.

Then there's Music/Video Unlimited. Same deal. They should have just made PS+ give you access to every subscription on the system, but now Sony continues to rely on other services, because they can't get their own together.

EDIT: In otherwords, Sony is competing with it's own system. Why have Netflix or other streaming services when you have your own? It's counterproductive.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kokirii

CountWavula wrote:

So aside from not being interested in either the 4 or the One, i think it would be overkill owning anymore consoles...In terms of modern gaming, here's an example of what it's like to be in my clown shoes.

Wii U retail
3DS Retail
Wii U VC - (Then again, the only 'new' release is Earthbound)
3DS VC - (GameBoy & Gameboy Color that is)
WiiuWare
3DSWare

AND a backlog of Wii games
including WiiWare.

I'm already in over my head, anybody else feel the same way? I mean....This isn't like owning a Genesis & SNES, Owning both would be easy breezey(just retail titles!) if you were lucky enough to owned both consoles during their release.then. Now it feels like i'm lost in giant massive video game jungle.

This is definitely how I feel. When people complain about there not being enough games to play, I honestly can't comprehend it. I have a job and a family. How would I have time to play more than what's available on my Wii U and 3DS? There's only so much time for video games and I suppose I could just play fewer Wii U/3DS games so that I'd have time to play PS4 games, but I can't justify making a $400 hardware investment for the luxury of a ridiculous game selection instead of what to me is a "fine" game selection.

Es ist gefährlich, allein zu gehen. Nimm dies!

SearchNDestroy

BenAV wrote:

I don't have the time for another console, yet alone the money.

SearchNDestroy

Gamecubed

As much as I'd like to get a PS4 within the next two or three years... I don't think I will. My interest in the PS4/XB1 is almost nonexistent. I'm still saving for university and I work full time. When I finally go to school, I won't have time or money to support my gaming hobby. I have my Wii U, my 3DS and my backlog of games for systems I already own and that'll keep me busy for a long while.

So yes, I would say the Wii U will be at the centre of my gaming universe for a long while now.

Gamecubed

Wavetactic

Funny thing is other consoles seem very tempting yet I rarely used my psp, ps3, or 360. It's like I never learn! 3ds and Wii U will keep me busy for a while but I am going with one of the other consoles once Kingdom Hearts 3 is out.

This information was outdated.
So Now I got to think what to add here!

sinanziric

I would like to stick to Wii U all next generation, but Wii U DOES NOT HAVE games. Nintendo promised EA partnership, many 3rd party games like Metro: Last Light (canceled), Crysis 3, (canceled), and even more.

Nintendo 1st party games are great, but is it worth to OWN CONSOLE just for 1st party titles? Of course NOT!

I am very sad and I feel cheated by Nintendo when they said at E3 2011 that Wii U will be host of many 3rd party titles... they lied US!

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

kkslider5552000

sinanziric wrote:

I would like to stick to Wii U all next generation, but Wii U DOES NOT HAVE games. Nintendo promised EA partnership, many 3rd party games like Metro: Last Light (canceled), Crysis 3, (canceled), and even more.

Nintendo 1st party games are great, but is it worth to OWN CONSOLE just for 1st party titles? Of course NOT!

I am very sad and I feel cheated by Nintendo when they said at E3 2011 that Wii U will be host of many 3rd party titles... they lied US!

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. I was too busy playing Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed IV back to back while waiting for another MH3U Game Grumps thing to be posted.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

When it comes to 3rd party companies, Nintendo has no control over that.

If anything, Nintendo is sure the Wii U can support 3rd party games. That doesn't mean 3rd party games will support the Wii U.

Qwest

spizzamarozzi

Wavetactic wrote:

Funny thing is other consoles seem very tempting yet I rarely used my psp, ps3, or 360. It's like I never learn!

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. Other consoles seem very tempting because they virtually give you a infinite choice of products. The truth is, every videogamer counts as one, and there's only so much someone can buy and play.
I remember Yu Suzuki blaming users' expectations when it comes to choices in videogames: if a racing games gives you a choice of 10.000 cars and another just 10 cars, buyers are very likely to go with the former, even though all these 10.000 cars are minute variations of 10 main cars.
And that's pretty much what is happening in the hardware world. I see people complaining because games got cancelled or never released, even though they wouldn't buy these games in the first place.

As a single user who can only buy and play so much, WiiU has already given me more than I could buy and play for now. Yes it is tempting to get lost in an ocean of endless options, but I don't need it. Nobody does. It helps that I went through the Sega vs Nintendo console war of the 80s/90s so I am used to see other consoles getting what I couldn't get. But this way you learn to appreciate what you get even more.

bottom line yeah, I'm going to stick with WiiU - unless someone puts out Shenmue 3 out of the blue.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Sean_Aaron

That's more or less my issue. Sure there's a lot of software out there for the PS3 and 360 and I expect if you dropped one into my lap and forced me to use it I could find games to play on it, but the fact is that the big titles all look like variations on a theme and none of it appeals, so there's no incentive for me to make the leap in the first place. I guess that could mean I'm not a "real" gamer (I like Angry Birds and Jetpack Joyride too gasp), but the idea of a shinier game in which the predominant activity is shooting things whilst suffering through a half-assed storyline is an anti-incentive. Yes I know there's RPGs and indie games, but I don't need to spend £300-500 quid on a machine to play the latter and I sure as hell won't pay that much to play one or two games a year.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

nintendork666

Gamecubed wrote:

As much as I'd like to get a PS4 within the next two or three years... I don't think I will. My interest in the PS4/XB1 is almost nonexistent. I'm still saving for university and I work full time. When I finally go to school, I won't have time or money to support my gaming hobby. I have my Wii U, my 3DS and my backlog of games for systems I already own and that'll keep me busy for a long while.

So yes, I would say the Wii U will be at the centre of my gaming universe for a long while now.

Exactly this.

The PS4 is tempting, but I have a busy life, and have way too many games from previous generations to beat. I'm already a bit overwhelmed that I'm getting a Wii U this XMAS - where am I going to put this stuff? I think I will stick with Nintendo for the majority of this generation, without a doubt. My bank account will thank me later.

nintendork666

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9002-5275 | Nintendo Network ID: Ndork666

Mahe

Yeah, I currently have no reason to get any other console. Wii U has games like Just Dance, NES Remix and Wii backwards compatibility, and upcoming games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. There could be more, but the other consoles aren't currently offering anything noteworthy, so Wii U wins.

Mahe

dumedum

I feel the same way. It is already messed up to have games from the Wii that I'll never even play even though I own them. And to buy new Wii u releases like 3d world and tropical freeze when I have other Wii u games still unbeaten. Buying more consoles besides the 3ds will only feed an obsessive nature and will result in lots of waste. I'm HOPING I won't buy one because even though its not too much money I know it'll be just utter junk that I dont need and was too greedy.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Pokefanmum82

yes it will be my main console. I don't have the time or money to have more than one main console. I have three kids that I have to think of before I can buy games.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Knux

Not me, because I already got a Xbox One (which is a surprisingly awesome console) as an early Christmas/birthday gift. I'll probably get a PS4 sometime next year. A real gamer always buys at least two consoles (a non-Nintendo and Nintendo one) to experience at least the majority of games released. Only people who feel like buying non-Nintendo consoles is a sin will feel otherwise differently.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Gamer83

It'll probably be a secondary console to PS4 for me but never know for sure. Nintendo is only going to get more comfortable in HD development as time goes on and as that happens, the first party releases will be more frequent so it could become a primary console since I'm a huge fan of Nintendo's franchises. Just depends on which ones they bring over. New Star Fox, F-Zero and Wave Race games are long overdue.

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.