Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2018 Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 1,693

Haru17

Save for Smash Bros. of course. That game's in a special position even if it's just a port.

@link3710 I definitely agree about Prime 3, that game is downright haunting. Wasn't there also a rumor about a horror game from them? It's not too unbelievable. Anyway, aren't we basically assuming that Retro's game has to show up at E3 at this point? That and Bandai Namco Singapore's Metroid Prime. Boy it'd be a fiasco if one of those turned out to be underwhelming.

Anyway, here's hoping the platform holders actually announce some things this year. 2017 was a little quiet, but this year could feel crazy if Sony and Nintendo and Bethesda all announce new AAAs. Plus Devil May Cry and Halo sequels are all but confirmed.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

link3710

@Haru17 To be honest, people assumed Retro's game **had** to show up at E3 2016 and E3 2017 as well, so... we'll see if it does or not.

link3710

HappyAxiom

Yesterday's Nindies Showcase was a complete letdown for me, so I hope we get to see some Nindie love during the E3 Direct. If they make the show long enough, surely there can be some room to showcase some Nindies like Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight and Indivisible.

HappyAxiom

Grumblevolcano

@HappyAxiom I agree, last year instead of having repeats during Treehouse Live Day 3 (they especially spent too much time on Mario Odyssey) there should've been Nindies spread out over the 3 days. Nindies representation was one of the few things Nintendo's E3 2015 did well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KirbyTheVampire

Just give me Animal Crossing and it'll be a successful E3.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@link3710 I think people hoped for Retro's game to be announced at 2016, that was 2 years since Tropical Freeze. E3 2017 was 3, this year will be 4. Nintendo is not funding a western developer to make a game for 5+ years, so it actually has to be announced sometime this year. Seriously, when do even their Japanese studios get that long outside of Mario and Zelda? Especially not Retro whom they know made the Prime games in only 1.5 to 3 years each.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Harmonie

I hope for a new Animal Crossing, and for information on Pokemon Switch and Super Smash Bros Switch. Or moreover I just want to see if the last two titles pass and end up being exciting for me. They could go either way. I expect that maybe Pokemon will show up before E3, since that tends to be how new generations are revealed to us.

Otherwise, Kingdom Hearts III has been confirmed for E3 appearance. Everything else I'd want is a pipe dream and isn't happening (Golden Sun, sequel to Paper Mario 64/TTYD).

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Peek-a-boo

@Octane After the rather underwhelming showing from all three companies last year (showing the Metroid Prime 4 logo isn’t my idea of a good reveal), I just simply don’t feel very excited for E3 this year.

I remember feeling a LOT of enthusiasm from myself and the gaming community back in 2015 and 2016, but it has kind of petered out ever since...

My partner and I finally know our moving date, on Friday the 8th of June so, there are more important things for me to be thinking/worrying about then!

All I would like to request for is to see at least one or two new IPs from all three please.

Peek-a-boo

TuVictus

Honestly, whatever year Sony had the Spiderman and dayZ (EDIT: Days Gone, completely mixed the two) reveal was a boring one for me, but I will always love their whole theater thing for the public.

And I miss those couple of years Nintendo did the best buy thing. Those were extremely memorable. At least Sony gives you free stuff for attending so even if the conference is boring, you get some neat bonuses.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

@MisterPi Yeah, as someone who seldom gets interested (let alone 'excited') by anything superhero related, Spiderman was a particularly underwhelming curtain closer from Sony last year, for me...however, as annual events go, I can honestly say that E3 is always - whether it delivers on my hopes and dreams or not - one of the things that I most look forward to each year!

I'm (obviously) particularly excited to see what Nintendo deliver this year - but I'll be keeping tabs on Microsoft and Sony as well. I've never really been all that in love with my PS4 - and would be more than open to crossing back across the divide to Xbox if they impress (given that I much preferred my 360, in comparison) ..Sony can win me back around, Xbox can win me over - Nintendo already 'won me' when I was a kid - whatever E3 delivers, I'll be watching intently from start-to-finish!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Yeah, I'd love that to happen too. I'm always in for new IPs! I think we'll get to see what Retro Studios has been working on. And I love Pikmin (so Nintendo, if you're reading this, you know what to do). I'm certain Sony will bring something new as well. Microsoft too. They've bee talking about expanding their first party output, but I'm not entirely sure we'll get to see the results of that this year.

Anyway, there's always a handful of new and exciting games revealed at E3, so I can't ever complain really!

Octane

TuVictus

@NaviAndMii What's funny is that I'm only recently into superheroes, but what turned me off by that reveal (and many others by the usual studios) is that everything was so clearly scripted. It also seemed very QTE heavy. With Days Gone, it seemed more like a checklist of all the popular gameplay trappings. Open world - check, survivial elements - check, crafting - check, zombies - extra check. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they announce it to have a battle royale mode before it launches.

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

@MisterPi Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean about Days Gone...unoriginal, uninspired, underwhelming and - its biggest crime - unmemorable!

Sony seem to be doing alright - so I'm not 'worried' for them, by any stretch...but I'm not exactly 'excited' for the future either (aside from the odd game here-and-there) - so I'll be hoping for a touch more from them at ES 2018 ..if they can whet my appetite for at least a couple of things, I'll consider it a relative success

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I've been thinking about this.. The Last Guardian was 2016, right? What are the chances that we'll get to see Ueda's new game? Is 2019 too soon? Maybe!

Untitled

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo's got a lot of games that they've announced but said little to nothing on. So either they're not going to announce a whole lot of new games this year or this is going to be an utterly loaded E3 for them. Either way, I see us learning more details about games like Smash, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Bayonetta 3, maybe even Pokemon.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

Only Switch titles for 2018. So probably no Metroid. Meh.

Might see the Xenoblade expansion.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Metroid is the new Zelda U.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.