Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2018 Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,724

Dezzy

This thread appears to have turned into a text-adventure dating sim

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

w-why would you say that, senpai?! blush

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Octane

@Dezzy That's what happens when Nintendo delays Fire Emblem.

Octane

Historia

I was absolutely distraught with Nintendo’s E3 this year. I love Smash but they could have saved the in depth stuff for Tree House. No Metroid, no Yoshi and not big announcements like Bayonetta or anything to do with “Nintendo Online” utter trash I’m sorry.

For me Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo sad days...

H

Historia

Henmii

@MisterPi,

Okay, its true then. It may take a while though. And the popularity of Hey Pikmin may influence the whole matter (I have no idea if this sold well or not). I hope for the Pikmin fans that its worth the wait!

Henmii

AlliMeadow

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

w-why would you say that, senpai?! blush

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy That's what happens when Nintendo delays Fire Emblem.

This has to be the best exchange on any forum ever.

Currently remaking Super Mario Land 2 in Mario Maker 2.

02F-C3H-X4G

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Kimyonaakuma

To be honest I never thought that Audrey made any evil or disturbing comments...which probably says something terrible about me, oh well!

I mostly remember her for the terrifying eyebrows and how she managed to make the Fire Emblem Warriors segment from last year all about her "husband" Xander.

I actually preferred the previous Treehouse livestreams because of the personality that Audrey, Kindra and Theresa brought to the show. They were different from eachother but they made it interesting to watch, even if it was a game they had already shown multiple times.

This year was okay but the guys seem to have no personality whatsoever, and Chiko seems to always get pushed to the side by whoever is asking the developers questions. Samantha is alright but she doesn't hide that she has a certain amount of things to show in a short amount of time, so maybe she could be more subtle in that aspect? I enjoyed the Treehouse anyway this year, even if it was less than last year. Having third party developers join in was a nice change!

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
I couldn't watch entire Tree House event last time due to i have to sleep (my time was 12 am).
So, Smash Bros Ultimate was dominating Tree House event , right ?
Is there any game that i miss ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

link3710

@Anti-Matter Super Mario Party and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are the only titles that I think you'd be interested in. Other than that, it was mostly Starlink, Mario Tennis Aces, Donkey Kong (Arcade) , Octopath Traveler, Xenoblade Chronicles DLC, Octo Expansion and uh... I think that was all the games they showed?

link3710

Kimyonaakuma

@link3710 They also showed Fortnite, Overcooked 2, Hollow Knight and maybe Killer Queen Black.

@Anti-Matter you can watch it on YouTube if there's any you missed. Most were not very interesting but they showed some new Pokémon gameplay!

Kimyonaakuma

Henmii

So far Beyond Good and evil looks pretty cool, and I like the community aspect. However, the new leads need some getting used to (I found the monkey annoying in the 2017 trailer, not so much in this trailer. But I would have loved Jade and Pey in the lead. But of course Jade is now one of the villains). And its a pity that they now go more for blood and cursing. The original didn't need that. Anyway I would still like this game on Switch, but that definitely won't happen.

I am confused with the story though: This is supposed to be a prequel, yet it was stated in the original that Pey fled with baby Jade because of the Domz. So why is she now grown up and evil if this plays before the original?

Henmii

Dogorilla

@Henmii I agree it's a shame they've gone for a more 'mature' style (that actually makes it seem more immature). The original was fairly mature in its themes but didn't need to try and prove it by filling it with F-bombs.

Pey'j recognised Jade when she appeared in the new trailer, so I'm guessing she left him as a teen or young adult and became part of some evil group. Presumably the story will involve Pey'j winning her back to the 'light side'.

Also I seem to remember last year, when the website for the Space Monkey Program (the beta testing thing for BG&E2) went live, it said something about the beta being on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, but Michel Ancel clarified that this wasn't necessarily indicative of the platforms the game would be released on. That gave me hope that it might be coming to Switch, but maybe he was saying that in case it takes so long to develop that the PS5 and Xbox Two are out by the time the game is finished. We'll see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX no i didn't unlock got wheels yet. I did the second fest, the first after you get to the beach. Also tried searching of thieves with the $1 game pass sale.... It's weird. Cool potential, but it just don't you in the world with NO explanation of what you're doing at all. Even elder scrolls online, a true mmo, doesn't start that bad and had a story tutorial. Cool play thing, bad game. Rip rare.

Slap trying nioh on ps4... Still in the tower of London before getting to Japan but really cool game. Feels less soulsborne, more ninja gaiden. It's good! I hate bloodborne even for free. Got souls3 on x1 for 15 but will wait for souls 1 on switch. "Samurai souls" from the ms conference looks like nioh meets souls (not exclusive)

Still working through South Park on switch, and squeezing in sushi striker and octo expansion I'm between. It's like a job playing all this. Maybe i should go pro and get paid.

NEStalgia

Spanjard

I just heard people say Microsoft had a great conference, the best even. But other than improving their image at e3, which they undoubtedly did, i think they did the worst in terms of marketing. I don’t remember any particular game, only if I think very hard I’ll remember halo (and the car game) maybe. When I think Microsoft conference I see blurry images of shooty stuff and more 3rd person shooting stuff. So I think they showed too much and even though fanboys like that and rewatch every trailer the whole week, there’s only so many fanboys in the world. I can’t be alone in this but I’m open to other viewpoints.

Sony did better in that regard, even though I don’t like all the games I definitely remember what they showed and not just because of volume either. They focused more on each game and the games are more diverse(which could be argued)

With Nintendo I did remember everything but I’m also kind of biased and they didn’t show a ton as well. Good on them to start of with the niche mech game, which I might not have remembered if they didn’t start off with it.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

link3710

@Kimyonaakuma Yeah, I saw all of those other than Fortnite now that you mention it lol, thanks!

link3710

NEStalgia

@Spanjard ms had way more than shooty finally though it was biased toward it. It also had vespyria, kh3, dmc5, "samurai souls", ori.... Lots of variety.

Sony had mostly games about death plus Spidey and samurai (death).

Nintendo had smash anssomeotherstuffshownfast

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ah, no rush. I was just curious. You'll get there when you'll get there, simple. I'm not that negative about the whole discovery at your own whim part, though. That's what Forza Horizon is all about, and it's what makes the game so enjoyable.

It does sound like you do need to learn (or get better at) how to use the map and the route planner, because it really isn't that hard to find events and hidden cars. Well, except with the latter, the route planner only guides you to within a ballpark vicinity, and you'll have to find the hidden car yourself, but it really isn't that hard, especially once you get the game's mechanics down.

As for getting paid for it: just start a YouTube channel. Even botched Let's Plays with lots of failures and swearing get thousands of hits. Might score you some extra pocket money for this sometimes all too expensive hobby...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX the map is simple.... It's just hard to make progress 8 minutes at a time

Troubleshooting a flaky hdmi splitter now. It's given me trouble for months so i got a different one, and now that one doesn't work at all. Broken? Bad cable? No time for Forza, i need to get Forza working!

I'm no youtube personality, but i sometimes wonder if watching the elderly (older than 29) crowd play games would be a good sell

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Spanjard If you think Microsoft did bad or even worst, then you couldn't be more wrong. They more than likely had the best of all the presentations. The whole presentation was very professional, with next to no screw ups, lots of variety in games, both first and third party, and they only dropped a few tiny balls here and there, for example by omitting some information that loyal fans were waiting for, such as more on OG Xbox backward compatibility and what other games will be added to that list, but other than that, they beat Sony by several miles.

Sony did have some great games, but they had the biggest screw up of the entire E3, with their weird musical intermezzos, partially meant to disguise the messy presentation, what with all the moving of people to another location to be able to continue the show. It was VERY unprofessional, and something that shouldn't have happened.

Having good games doesn't make up for that mess. And there most definitely wasn't more diversity in their games than Microsoft had. Heck, even Nintendo had more diversity in its games than Sony did...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic