Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2018 Thread

Posts 61 to 80 of 1,693

TuVictus

Like every Nintendo event, I'm hoping pikmin 4 is revealed and announced to release this year

TuVictus

Octane

@MisterPi Same here! I don't know what's going on with that game...

Octane

ilikeike

I think it's fairly likely that Pikmin 4 will be fully unveiled at E3, with a release date between Smash and Pokemon (assuming it comes this year). Hypothetically, if Smash releases in September and Pokemon in November/December, then Pikmin 4 releases in October. Also, I predict that Fire Emblem will be given the Mario + Rabbids treatment with a blowout reveal at E3 followed by a release in August. Also Yoshi will get a release date around September, perhaps a few weeks before Smash Bros. drops, or it will release around the same time as Pokemon. Either way people will complain that it's getting overshadowed by another big game. Thus, the major release schedule for Switch will look like this:
August: Fire Emblem
September: Smash Bros. and maybe Yoshi
October: Pikmin 4
November/December: Pokemon Switch/Yoshi

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Octane

@ilikeike Pikmin in September and Fire Emblem in December seems more likely to me. Anyway, I doubt Pikmin will come out this year. I just hope we get a confirmation that it's still coming.

Octane

link3710

@Octane My current theory is that it got put on hold to pull people into completing Super Mario Odyssey so quickly.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 I'm not sure if it's specifically Odyssey, but that sounds reasonable. Still, ''almost completed'' four years ago and still no screenshot or release window doesn't instill a lot of confidence either!

Octane

ilikeike

@Octane I imagine it was complete at a point in the Wii U's lifecycle where it just wouldn't be viable to release it on that system anymore, so they went and reworked it to get it ready for Switch. Hence my belief that it's coming this year, since they've had plenty of time by now to optimize it for the new console.

link3710

@ilikeike Agreed. It was probably thrown on the backburner as it didn't fit in with their first year plan for Switch (which based on what we saw, was a sensible move), and has since been brought back into active work and moved over to Switch. It could easily be a surprise August announcement like Mario and Rabbids was last year. Given how absolutely gorgeous Pikmin 3 was, it's not like the assets would need any significant amount of rework over what was probably made when the game was aimed at Wii U.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

It seems the main focus for Nintendo's E3 is going to be Smash so maybe they'll fill up the video presentation with a load of 3rd party games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

I wonder how close to the Switch reveal the Splatoon Invitational will be. Changing room tactics followed by marching out and slotting their Switches into docks.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

EvilLucario

I'm not so sure we'll only see 2018 games this E3. Sure, they'll feature 2019 games at a later date. But that doesn't necessarily mean they won't announce new 2019 games in the spotlight.

I'll be holding out for 2019 games regardless. However, if they're so serious about being able to sell 20 million Switch units this fiscal year AND actually only showing 2018 games, then they absolutely need to deliver. Hubris costed them a ton of money with the Wii U and 3DS, they need to walk the walk if they are truly only showing 2018 games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ilikeike

@Grumblevolcano I agree, I think that there's going to be plenty of third party at the presentation. Of course there will still be a good amount of first party as well, focusing mainly on Smash, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and some out of left field announcements too (Pikmin, F-Zero, Retro, etc.) Third party wise, Fortnite, Spyro, and Fallout (4 or New Vegas) all seem fairly likely to me. And perhaps even that rumored DOOM 2 will come to Switch, who knows.

FragRed

With it now being officially May, at least here in the UK, I am starting to get a little bit more excited for E3 as it is a little over a month away. What I really want to know is what the hell has Retro been doing for nearly 5 years? I am not expecting whatever it is to be a 2018 title - in fact I am expecting it as a 2019 holiday release (making it likely 6 years of development) but whatever it is best to bloody amazing. I think this will be one of the 2019 teases they must be showing.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NintendoPete

As far as I know it is still April even though you live in the UK. I live in Germany and despite the one hour time difference it is still April 30

NintendoPete

FragRed

@Tsurii @NintendoPete Ah crap, I got my days mixed up. Dunno how I thought it was May. Wishful thinking.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Tsurii I think I am one of the minority that has no interest in Super Smash Bros. Just don't understand it's appeal though so many are going crazily excited for it, I just let them get on with it and hope there enough other decent titles in the works for me to enjoy.

darkfenrir

I have no interest in Smash Bros (beyond that it seems to be another title I can grab to play together with my friend), but I'm sure that Nintendo will have something to surprise.

... Or other companies. Need more RPGs for Switch ( o-o)

darkfenrir

DarkRula

I expect the way this to play out will be the same as last year with Odyssey.
Nintendo's presentation will run through everything else, then the last game shown is Smash. Treehouse begins and jumps straight into Smash. Then hopefully a new game announcement after for 3DS. The Splatoon 2 final and Smash tournament will end off the first day.

As for everyone else, I just hope EA brings out something good with the Star Wars licence. Racer, action-RPG, just something other than Battlefront. Also, if you can give us a new Sims game that has the open-world of the third game instead of blocking it into sectors again, that would be great.
Microsoft's reveal of Forza Horizon 4 will be stunning as usual. Hoping Crackdown 3 is shown and gets a release soon.
Ubisoft have The Crew 2 coming out in the same month of E3, so they have the chance to do as Nintendo did with ARMS and really advertise why you need this game.
And can we get a new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer with a full date?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

I think this year's Nintendo E3 could be more like 2014 regarding Smash Switch. Start off the presentation with Smash, finish it with Smash, spend a lot of Treehouse Live on Smash and already confirmed is ending day 1 with a Smash tournament. Though given the limitation to 2018 games, I think Treehouse Live is going to be even more focused on Smash than in 2014.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That sounds great if you love Smash Bros. But if you don't then that is kinda worrying, especially when you consider how short the video presentation is likely to be - no more than 20 minutes. Sure you could theoretically put a lot of game announcements into that timeframe, but this being E3 I would imagine most announcements will be pretty in depth.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.