Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 301 to 320 of 846

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

301. Posted:

James wrote:

@Joshers744 What sort of information are you looking for? Obviously we have a fairly comprehensive games list and coming soon list that might cater for your information needs?

You're right. I see it now. Sorry, my work computer acts sort of weird and that's usually where I'm at when I get on this site. You're good. :p

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

302. Posted:

updating the G+ news feed alongside the twitter and Facebook ones. Not that big of a deal as i use twitter but it would be nice.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

James

303. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I wish Nintendo Life would make their Reviews a bit more interesting and meatier in the Score department.

Instead of the basic 1-10 scale, why not apply the .5's? This would obviously offer more variety.
And why not rate/score the graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Replay Value and even the Presentation out of a simple 10 as well?
Old School Gamepro magazine and GPTV were some of the best at busting out the score based reviews with those awesome classic crazy 'score based' faces that i miss oh so dearly haha :p

Couple of things:

The 10-point scale, we feel, is more than enough to give you an indication of whether a game's worth buying or not. I don't think making it more granular is helpful tbh, and the same applies to having more scores: the body of the text should tell you most of what you need to know, and in terms of graphics etc. you can easily find screenshots and videos online to tell you if it's good looking. Back in the magazine days I can see more scores would have been useful, but it's not so relevant any more.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

304. Posted:

I think there should be a mobile site now, because since the site was updated Wii and 3DS browsers constantly get out of memory errors. :|

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

Currently in need of new news anchors and reviewers!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

Gretski

305. Posted:

I agree with Rukiafan, there should be a mobile website OR ios app.

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

AuthorMessage

Gilius

306. Posted:

I'd like to have a background for profiles, or a banner.

3DS Friend code: 5155-3411-2565

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3411-2565 | Nintendo Network ID: Corey

AuthorMessage

BlackShyGuy

307. Posted:

Rukiafan wrote:

I think there should be a mobile site now, because since the site was updated Wii and 3DS browsers constantly get out of memory errors. :|

Wii U MAD?
Currently playing: Tales of Graces, Kid Icarus, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts BBS.
Huge fan of Tales games

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

308. Posted:

Or at least adjust the ads when someone's using Opera. The big backround ads have a tendency to crash my mobile browsers.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shinesprite

309. Posted:

Found an interesting issue today on page 7 of the news.
Untitled
Can you spot it?

Currently Playing Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends
Recently Completed - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Rayman Origins

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

310. Posted:

Give us the option to search the forums!

"I've learned to fear the white lady. She does not gain power. Instead, she destroys yours."

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle (3DS), Fantasy Life
Things I probably should be making progress on: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Gods Eater Burst

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

Shadowflash

311. Posted:

WiiWareWave wrote:

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter: Shadowflash0

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

312. Posted:

shinesprite wrote:

Found an interesting issue today on page 7 of the news.
Untitled
Can you spot it?

Brilliant. There is no page 0. Better have the programmers fix that one.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

313. Posted:

Just want a mobile site for my phone and that's mainly for the forums. Other than that I find the current site to be find when viewing on a tablet or 3ds.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

314. Posted:

My ideas:

Forums:

• For one, the forums still don't have a reply button; what's up w/ that?
  • Quoting still forces the page to reload, wasn't that supposed to be fixed soon?

Comments:

• Likewise, the comments could use a quote button soon as well.
  • Get a more organized reply system for comments, kinda like this:

[quote]
(The comment goes here)
Replies: (# of replies go here)

• (reply goes here)
  • (and so on...)

</blockquote>

Site:

• 3DS optimization still isn't here either. Better to get it right the first time, but it could be a faster process.
  • Phone optimization might as well come soon too.
  • Get the Xbox site fleshed-out in time for Halo 4 please.
  • Fix the page 0 typo that's been mentioned earlier.
  • You know the thread on formatting messages? Take the main ideas on how to use bold font, insert media, add emoticons, etc., and put it in a beginners' guide.

Technical issues:

• Fix glitches like the devil face emoticon glitch, etc.
  • Could you look into some of these other technical issues associated w/ the editing process as well:
    • When I edit this I see another glitch - my quote turned into some random crap. (See above for example:)
    • Also, when I edit I see what's in between 2 equal signs copied after a number sign.
      EX:
      Before: "==this and that==" After: "==this and that== #this-and-that"

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

AuthorMessage

James

315. Posted:

@VincentV We won't do a full-on Xbox site until the new Xbox is revealed. Too much to catch up on.
The thread for formatting messages pretty much is a beginner's guide, and a good one at that.

We are looking at revamping the way comments and forums are handled. Hope you realise that with E3 this week we have more pressing stuff to do so can't promise you any of this stuff will get acted on quickly.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

316. Posted:

I know that this site is really trying to be a global one, but you should make it more British. I guess I'm only saying this because I was born there and miss it sometimes, haha.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

mamp

317. Posted:

They should use Ask James as a feature He's got some pretty good stuff he sayson his videos.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

ADaviii

318. Posted:

mamp wrote:

They should use Ask James as a feature He's got some pretty good stuff he sayson his videos.

I agree with this one. Having an Ask James feature maybe two times out of the month would be pretty cool.

As far as mobile, if I may suggest a Nintendo Life app? It will allow users to browse the site and visit the forums. I think it would be a nice start into the app world. :)

Be kind to yourself and to others.

AuthorMessage

James

319. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know that this site is really trying to be a global one, but you should make it more British. I guess I'm only saying this because I was born there and miss it sometimes, haha.

We use British English, we're based in England and try to bring as much UK-relevant news as possible... what more could we do? :P

As for "Ask James", I'd like to do more video content but let's face it guys, I've got a face for podcasts. We will look to do a video this week for E3 though - more news on that soon.

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

320. Posted:

James wrote:

@VincentV We won't do a full-on Xbox site until the new Xbox is revealed. Too much to catch up on.
The thread for formatting messages pretty much is a beginner's guide, and a good one at that.

We are looking at revamping the way comments and forums are handled. Hope you realise that with E3 this week we have more pressing stuff to do so can't promise you any of this stuff will get acted on quickly.

I understand. 1st priority: E3. 2nd priority: fixing comments. And you have a point: it'd be (almost) impossible to recover from being late to making an Xbox 360 site this late in the systems' lifetime. Anyways, keep up the excellent E3 work!

Vincent294