Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,597

James

@VincentV We won't do a full-on Xbox site until the new Xbox is revealed. Too much to catch up on.
The thread for formatting messages pretty much is a beginner's guide, and a good one at that.

We are looking at revamping the way comments and forums are handled. Hope you realise that with E3 this week we have more pressing stuff to do so can't promise you any of this stuff will get acted on quickly.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Tsuchinoko

I know that this site is really trying to be a global one, but you should make it more British. I guess I'm only saying this because I was born there and miss it sometimes, haha.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

mamp

They should use Ask James as a feature He's got some pretty good stuff he sayson his videos.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

ADaviii

mamp wrote:

They should use Ask James as a feature He's got some pretty good stuff he sayson his videos.

I agree with this one. Having an Ask James feature maybe two times out of the month would be pretty cool.

As far as mobile, if I may suggest a Nintendo Life app? It will allow users to browse the site and visit the forums. I think it would be a nice start into the app world.

Be kind to yourself and to others.

James

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know that this site is really trying to be a global one, but you should make it more British. I guess I'm only saying this because I was born there and miss it sometimes, haha.

We use British English, we're based in England and try to bring as much UK-relevant news as possible... what more could we do?

As for "Ask James", I'd like to do more video content but let's face it guys, I've got a face for podcasts. We will look to do a video this week for E3 though - more news on that soon.

James

Vincent294

James wrote:

@VincentV We won't do a full-on Xbox site until the new Xbox is revealed. Too much to catch up on.
The thread for formatting messages pretty much is a beginner's guide, and a good one at that.

We are looking at revamping the way comments and forums are handled. Hope you realise that with E3 this week we have more pressing stuff to do so can't promise you any of this stuff will get acted on quickly.

I understand. 1st priority: E3. 2nd priority: fixing comments. And you have a point: it'd be (almost) impossible to recover from being late to making an Xbox 360 site this late in the systems' lifetime. Anyways, keep up the excellent E3 work!

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Odnetnin

Sony_70 wrote:

Just want a mobile site for my phone and that's mainly for the forums. Other than that I find the current site to be find when viewing on a tablet or 3ds.

[/div]

This this this.
i use a (recently released) "feature" phone, btw.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

SBOY

+1

sushifreAk wrote:

Give us the option to search the forums!

Sorry if my english isn't good... At least I try :-)

Twitter:

Aviator

Love what you guys did with the comments.

The fact that it updates automatically is a great addition.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Drawdler

^ Agreed!

How about being able to log in via username? It's a small thing, but on an iPad(my main Internet-browser), it's much easier typing in "Nibelilt" than typing the first part of my email, then going into symbols, back into letters, than symbols, and then letters.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

theblackdragon

@Nibelilt: i remember we were able to log in via username before the big 'users can now change their own usernames once every 90 days' update... I'm not sure why that ability was removed though. it may have something to do with changes that were made behind the scenes at the time.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

AlexSays

How about fixing the page numbers at the bottom of every thread, so that we see common options like first, last, etc.

Rather than seeing the number for EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

Takes up like this much room on some threads:

THE INTERNET ONLY HAS SO MUCH SPACE Y'KNOW

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Drawdler

AlexSays wrote:

How about fixing the page numbers at the bottom of every thread, so that we see common options like first, last, etc.

Rather than seeing the number for EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

Takes up like this much room on some threads:

THE INTERNET ONLY HAS SO MUCH SPACE Y'KNOW

Personally, I like seeing Missingno.s at the bottom of our posts. :/ But I do admit First and Last links could be really helpful.

Edited on by Drawdler

FOREST_RANGER

I have an idea. Maybe this was already in someone's head, but it'd be nice if we can comment while watching Nintendo Direct and E3 videos. In other words, having the comment box under the video players and not at the bottom.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Tasuki

bobbiKat wrote:

I have an idea. Maybe this was already in someone's head, but it'd be nice if we can comment while watching Nintendo Direct and E3 videos. In other words, having the comment box under the video players and not at the bottom.

Lol I was thinking the same thing during Nintendo Direct.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

James

A possibility but would require a significant amount of coding. Perhaps we could have "pop-out" comment streams so you can have them side-by-side, which might make it easier to track live comments. Will take it into consideration!

James

Bass_X0

Please update the "out now" release dates as games are released. There are still some games showing as 'out now' but without a release date.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

GamecubeMan

I was thinking that maybe NL could start doing video reviews for a couple of the video game reviews? That be kinda cool

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Drawdler

How about a Spoiler thing that makes your text invisible until you highlight it?

The tag can be like <this> or [s]this[/s].

Kind of silly we don't have this on a game site And I wouldn't mind some invisible posts

James

Bass_X0 wrote:

Please update the "out now" release dates as games are released. There are still some games showing as 'out now' but without a release date.

Examples?

James

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic