Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 281 to 300 of 775

AuthorMessage

she_gamer

281. Posted:

Hi, just an idea for recommendations... (sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find anything). This will sound a lot like user ratings, but a little different and much simpler.
One of the main reason I visit this site is for recommendations. Usually I go by reviews, but I like seeing what the general populace thinks too. Going through the "______ Recommendations Thread" in the forums is a HUGE hassle though, especially if you want to start at page 1. Plus there's a lot of repetition, missed question, etc. It would be great if games could have some sort of info tag like "____ users recommend this game" in the Game Overview box. Also, when the list of games is displayed, it would be great if you could sort them by the amount of recommendations they have.
I know it's a lot like user reviews, but it's much simpler: would you recommend it, yes or no. I usually only read the actual website's reviews anyhow when I'm on other sites, not the user reviews. I guess this sounds a lot like the "Like" button as well. Anyways, just a thought. It's already a fantastic site though, always my first stop for anything game-related :)

she_gamer

AuthorMessage

VincentV

282. Posted:

Have an April Fools joke thing like Game Informer's Game Infarcer.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

283. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

Have an April Fools joke thing like Game Informer's Game Infarcer.

NL did an April fool's joke the previous two years so they'll probably do one on the day this year too.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

VincentV

284. Posted:

Great!

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

AuthorMessage

VincentV

285. Posted:

Bios. Like the ones Game Informer has (see "My Stuff"). Also, if your from Europe, perhaps you could detail the Daylights Saving Time & time difference stuff for me, because as you can see from my Bio, it would be a good help for my MK7 community and many others I could help too.

AWESOME IDEA

AuthorMessage

James

286. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

Bios. Like the ones Game Informer has (see "My Stuff"). Also, if your from Europe, perhaps you could detail the Daylights Saving Time & time difference stuff for me, because as you can see from my Bio, it would be a good help for my MK7 community and many others I could help too.

You know about the internet, right?

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

VincentV

287. Posted:

Thanks. There's just too many sites that could give you a virus, etc. Excessive ads (or tracking cookies), anyone? I have an app on my PC, but that doesn't tell the DST dates, etc. It does it, but when you make a schedule, you want the time to be accurate. As for the details/bios (like an area to show MK7 community codes, etc.), look into it. In some areas, unlike most, Nintendo Life lags behind. Lets fix it.

AWESOME IDEA

AuthorMessage

James

288. Posted:

The site I posted it virus and spyware free. I use it all the time.

As for online match-ups, of course we have a Mario Kart 7 communities thread that's pretty popular.

AuthorMessage

HanuKwanzMasBif

289. Posted:

Video reviews!! That would be great! Video adds a lot more depth to a review.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage

Shadow100

290. Posted:

I don't think this question needs a new thread so I'll just ask it here:
What does it mean when there is a star next to the title of a game?
On this page there are a few.

Edited on by Shadow100

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

291. Posted:

@Shadow100 I believe that it means the game is new or has just been announced.

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

James

292. Posted:

The star means "recently created" or "recently released" :)

AuthorMessage

VincentV

293. Posted:

James wrote:

The site I posted it virus and spyware free. I use it all the time.

As for online match-ups, of course we have a Mario Kart 7 communities thread that's pretty popular.

I knew that, I meant finding one without your help would be tough. And communities...I knew that for a long time.

AWESOME IDEA

AuthorMessage

James

294. Posted:

Finding virus-free sites without my help would be tough? Everyone else on the internet seems to manage ;)

Good that you know about the communities thread though. Go enjoy it! :)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

295. Posted:

Mostly just want a mobile site and forums. Something like taptalk support would be wondrous.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

296. Posted:

Yeah. Maybe an easier way to find your way around the forums.
A section to look at info on each game. Like, and area where you can look through all the games that have any info on this site, and have it all on one page... I know when you click on some games on here it kind of already does that, but it's not real easy to find info on some of the older games.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

James

297. Posted:

@Joshers744 What sort of information are you looking for? Obviously we have a fairly comprehensive games list and coming soon list that might cater for your information needs?

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

298. Posted:

I wish Nintendo Life would make their Reviews a bit more interesting and meatier in the Score department.

Instead of the basic 1-10 scale, why not apply the .5's? This would obviously offer more variety.
And why not rate/score the graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Replay Value and even the Presentation out of a simple 10 as well?
Old School Gamepro magazine and GPTV were some of the best at busting out the score based reviews with those awesome classic crazy 'score based' faces that i miss oh so dearly haha :p

IGN'n it up a tiny bit at least As much as I'm really starting to hate IGN( If Audrey and Rich left I'd completely abandon the site....Hell I'm pretty much already there.lol) Freakin' Biased Hipsters.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

299. Posted:

are you alright, waveboy? you've only got one smiley face in this post. i am worried.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

300. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

are you alright, waveboy? you've only got one smiley face in this post. i am worried.

I laughed....Sort of....Now HULK MAD. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!