Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,597

Vincent294

James wrote:

The site I posted it virus and spyware free. I use it all the time.

As for online match-ups, of course we have a Mario Kart 7 communities thread that's pretty popular.

I knew that, I meant finding one without your help would be tough. And communities...I knew that for a long time.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

James

Finding virus-free sites without my help would be tough? Everyone else on the internet seems to manage

Good that you know about the communities thread though. Go enjoy it!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

shingi_70

Mostly just want a mobile site and forums. Something like taptalk support would be wondrous.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Whopper744

Yeah. Maybe an easier way to find your way around the forums.
A section to look at info on each game. Like, and area where you can look through all the games that have any info on this site, and have it all on one page... I know when you click on some games on here it kind of already does that, but it's not real easy to find info on some of the older games.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

k8sMum

are you alright, waveboy? you've only got one smiley face in this post. i am worried.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Whopper744

James wrote:

@Joshers744 What sort of information are you looking for? Obviously we have a fairly comprehensive games list and coming soon list that might cater for your information needs?

You're right. I see it now. Sorry, my work computer acts sort of weird and that's usually where I'm at when I get on this site. You're good.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

shingi_70

updating the G+ news feed alongside the twitter and Facebook ones. Not that big of a deal as i use twitter but it would be nice.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

James

WaveBoy wrote:

I wish Nintendo Life would make their Reviews a bit more interesting and meatier in the Score department.

Instead of the basic 1-10 scale, why not apply the .5's? This would obviously offer more variety.
And why not rate/score the graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Replay Value and even the Presentation out of a simple 10 as well?
Old School Gamepro magazine and GPTV were some of the best at busting out the score based reviews with those awesome classic crazy 'score based' faces that i miss oh so dearly haha

Couple of things:

The 10-point scale, we feel, is more than enough to give you an indication of whether a game's worth buying or not. I don't think making it more granular is helpful tbh, and the same applies to having more scores: the body of the text should tell you most of what you need to know, and in terms of graphics etc. you can easily find screenshots and videos online to tell you if it's good looking. Back in the magazine days I can see more scores would have been useful, but it's not so relevant any more.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

WiiWareWave

I think there should be a mobile site now, because since the site was updated Wii and 3DS browsers constantly get out of memory errors.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Gretski

I agree with Rukiafan, there should be a mobile website OR ios app.

Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

Exal

I'd like to have a background for profiles, or a banner.

Wii U: Lyndexer

Nintendo Network ID: Lyndexer | Twitter:

BlackShyGuy

Rukiafan wrote:

I think there should be a mobile site now, because since the site was updated Wii and 3DS browsers constantly get out of memory errors.

Currently playing: Tales of Symhonia (again), Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Fire Emlblem Fates, Majora's Mask 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
3DS Friend Code: 0275-1505-4148
Add me? I need Some Friends
Nintendo ID: XLeZekeX
Twitter: @XLeZekeX

shinesprite

Found an interesting issue today on page 7 of the news.
Untitled
Can you spot it?

shinesprite

LyIa

Give us the option to search the forums!

all men are kings 👑

Shadowflash

WiiWareWave wrote:

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Vincent294

shinesprite wrote:

Found an interesting issue today on page 7 of the news.
Untitled
Can you spot it?

Brilliant. There is no page 0. Better have the programmers fix that one.

Vincent294

shingi_70

Just want a mobile site for my phone and that's mainly for the forums. Other than that I find the current site to be find when viewing on a tablet or 3ds.

WAT!

Vincent294

My ideas:

Forums:

• For one, the forums still don't have a reply button; what's up w/ that?
  • Quoting still forces the page to reload, wasn't that supposed to be fixed soon?

Comments:

• Likewise, the comments could use a quote button soon as well.
  • Get a more organized reply system for comments, kinda like this:

[quote]
(The comment goes here)
Replies: (# of replies go here)

• (reply goes here)
  • (and so on...)

</blockquote>

Site:

• 3DS optimization still isn't here either. Better to get it right the first time, but it could be a faster process.
  • Phone optimization might as well come soon too.
  • Get the Xbox site fleshed-out in time for Halo 4 please.
  • Fix the page 0 typo that's been mentioned earlier.
  • You know the thread on formatting messages? Take the main ideas on how to use bold font, insert media, add emoticons, etc., and put it in a beginners' guide.

Technical issues:

• Fix glitches like the devil face emoticon glitch, etc.
  • Could you look into some of these other technical issues associated w/ the editing process as well:
    • When I edit this I see another glitch - my quote turned into some random crap. (See above for example:)
    • Also, when I edit I see what's in between 2 equal signs copied after a number sign.
      EX:
      Before: "==this and that==" After: "==this and that== #this-and-that"

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic