Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 321 to 340 of 2,577

Bass_X0

https://www.nintendolife.com/eshop/games?title=&region=&am...

Tumble Pop has been released in both America and Europe yet has no release date on the list.
Kid Icarus, Castlevania Dr. Mario have their original Game Boy release dates on the 3DS page.

https://www.nintendolife.com/eshop/games?title=&region=&am...

Dragon Crystal and Sonic Triple Trouble don't have their dates on the Game Gear list.

And the NES games released on the 3DS Virtual Console can only be found listed under the Wii Virtual Console, not the 3DS releases. They should appear on both lists.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

James

Yeah, this is because we recently implemented a new way of inputting release dates in order to support games that release on multiple shops, like the NES games. Still a few quirks to iron out! Will look into it

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan wrote:

I was thinking that maybe NL could start doing video reviews for a couple of the video game reviews? That be kinda cool

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

CommanderAudio

[quote="SBOY"]

Nibelilt wrote:

+1

sushifreAk wrote:

Give us the option to search the forums!

[/div]

</blockquote>

[/div]

Here you go...
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/search

YOU MEAN THERE WAS A FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION ALL THIS TIME AND NOBODY TOLD US??

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

JustAnotherUser

It seems to be buggy though.
Unless NintedoLife has been around since the 70's.

I would like a https option for the site.
It's not really anything major but some may find it useful.

JustAnotherUser

Drawdler

Ironically, I found the Search function by clicking the game search at the top without typing anything, by accident. The iPad thought I wanted to search for "Search..."

But yeah, it's buggy and simple... Just searched "Review" and all the posts that appeared were blank. How about some more options for it? Like sorting topics and posts by date, alphabetically, a group of members(type in names), being able to search for just topics or just posts, etc.? While I'd rather have Ant fix the comments bugs it would still be nice to have a working Search function...

I've also noticed lately if I'm the only poster on a page, the new page won't show up on the Forum until someone else posts. I have it right now >_<

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Raylax

It could be useful if DLC was listed somewhere on a game's main page (for example), since Nintendo's now entered this realm. Small DLC pieces (like the Theatrhythm tracks) obviously aren't going to have reviews or some kind of dedicated article, and Nintendo Download articles don't appear in their Related News, so it would be nice to see at-a-glance what's available.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Raylax

I support this idea.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

FonistofCruxis

I've noticed that often upcoming games with release dates don't always get listed on the coming soon list.

Drawdler

battLeToaD wrote:

Vintage wrote:

I support this idea.

[/div]

[/div]

make that two

[/div]

Three's a charm.

bobbiKat wrote:

Do you guys think we could re-direct any @nintendoLifeUser to the correct user when we call their slang names? Say for example @LJM that redirects to @LordJumpMad?

Ohmigosh... Imagine all the different redirects to me:

@Nibelit @Niblilt @Niblit @Niblet @Nibblit @Neblit @Nebblit @Nibblit @Nibblet @Nebblet @Nibe @Nib @Nibs @Nebblilt

And more

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Medicham

Hey Nintendo Life and I just joined. Here's my advice... You gotta make article explaining to new users how everything works and you really gotta make a way for people to exchange in a simpler way because this forum thing isn't working good. Also... Look at GameInformer and how they handle personal accounts. Its wayyy more user friendly so please copy some ideas from them. Thankx for listening.

3DS friend code: 2921-9690-6053 My favorite Pokemon is Medicham...hence its why its my Username. I'm a smart cool guy who luves Nintendo. Add me to your 3ds so we can play together. ;)

Reala

Medicham wrote:

Hey Nintendo Life and I just joined. Here's my advice... You gotta make article explaining to new users how everything works and you really gotta make a way for people to exchange in a simpler way because this forum thing isn't working good. Also... Look at GameInformer and how they handle personal accounts. Its wayyy more user friendly so please copy some ideas from them. Thankx for listening.

err no just no this site is fine as is.

Reala

Geonjaha

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

Do you guys think we could re-direct any @nintendoLifeUser to the correct user when we call their slang names? Say for example @LJM that redirects to @LordJumpMad?

That would either involve the moderators having to assign them - which they wouldn't do; they have better things to spend their time on, and even if they did it would only end up happening for the most well known users (well known by chat obviously). The alternative would be people assigning their own 'slang names', where people would be able to basically use any other name as their own, and possibly use numerous names to link to theirs - leading to obvious problems.

WaveBoy wrote:

I wish Nintendo Life would make their Reviews a bit more interesting and meatier in the Score department.

Instead of the basic 1-10 scale, why not apply the .5's? This would obviously offer more variety.And why not rate/score the graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Replay Value and even the Presentation out of a simple 10 as well?Old School Gamepro magazine and GPTV were some of the best at busting out the score based reviews with those awesome classic crazy 'score based' faces that i miss oh so dearly haha

Dear god no. Having a score base system is bad enough. It's just an arbitrary number chosen by one person, trying to put a complex game opinion into a simple scale of 1-10. What's worse is that it all fuels Metacritic...

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Vincent294

zezhyrule wrote:

They should change it to just 'good' or 'bad'.

I hate scoring systems.

1-3 = s***
4-6 = meh
7-9 = good
10 = get this game now

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

TheDreamingHawk

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

Uhh... No. I HATE it when people call me Hawk as I don't like that nickname, so if people were to start doing that I would change my username.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic