Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 261 to 280 of 782

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

261. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Victoria: According to Ant they got rid of them because it cause some problems with the fact that people knew where other posters were from. For instance people would make assumptions about people cause where they were from. So basically to make sure there was no problems due to that they got rid of the flags.

If you are really curious about where people are from you can also click on the persons avatar and it will tell you where they are from.

From the news article about the changes:

#162

antdickens said:

@VintageBoy we wanted to give everyone a level playing field, we've noticed that since the introduction of the flags people can pre-judge someone's comments based on where they are from - in a negative way, for example users from smaller countries often get ignored straight away - so to remove this prejudice we've removed the flags. Hopefully people can understand why!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, powers that be, but my honest assumption is that the old website template had the flags built in and it would be a hassle trying to figure out how to add them in to this new template.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

262. Posted:

Squiggle55 wrote:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, powers that be, but my honest assumption is that the old website template had the flags built in and it would be a hassle trying to figure out how to add them in to this new template.

Ant clearly stated the reason that they removed the flags.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

263. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, powers that be, but my honest assumption is that the old website template had the flags built in and it would be a hassle trying to figure out how to add them in to this new template.

Ant clearly stated the reason that they removed the flags.

I know I followed the post about the website changes very carefully. I'm just stating my opinion that it seemed like a reason developed after the fact.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

264. Posted:

Squiggle55 wrote:

I know I followed the post about the website changes very carefully. I'm just stating my opinion that it seemed like a reason developed after the fact.

just FYI, implying that Ant's a liar isn't really the smartest move ever :3

also, @zez: KINECTaku hasn't made the switchover yet, so it's still displaying avatars at 60x60.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squiggle55

265. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

I know I followed the post about the website changes very carefully. I'm just stating my opinion that it seemed like a reason developed after the fact.

just FYI, implying that Ant's a liar isn't really the smartest move ever :3

hey, i love all of you and your work. I don't mean any offense. All I'm saying is that I don't think there is a turn on/turn off flags button.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

266. Posted:

Squiggle55 wrote:

hey, i love all of you and your work. I don't mean any offense. All I'm saying is that I don't think there is a turn on/turn off flags button.

Ant coded this site almost single-handedly. If he wanted to code the flags in, you better believe he could do it :)

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vincent294

267. Posted:

James wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

hey, i love all of you and your work. I don't mean any offense. All I'm saying is that I don't think there is a turn on/turn off flags button.

Ant coded this site almost single-handedly. If he wanted to code the flags in, you better believe he could do it :)

Holy crud! He did that?! Dang, he's good.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

268. Posted:

I agree that a hidden post counter would be nice. Some of us like to keep track of that stuff, but if most non-Mods don't see it, it won't become an e-pen...of course, I suppose people would make threads asking what your post count is and that would be annoying...

And honestly, I would prefer it if you took away our ability to change our names whenever we want (within 90 days). Honestly, I find all the name changing very confusing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would like it, however, if we had the titles from Movemodo back, and that we could change those whenever we wanted to, perhaps with any restriction you feel is necessary.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

269. Posted:

A thumbs up bar.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

270. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

A thumbs up bar.

You don't even need to include a thumbs down thing, just a thumbs up.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

271. Posted:

Stickies. So topics like 3DS Recommendations, Wii Recommendations, and DS Recommendations are always at the top of the first page so people who are going to make a topic on "What game I should buy? Game A or B?" will use common sense and use that said topic for their question rather than making another topic.

Of course this won't eliminate all chances of unneeded multiple topics but yeah. ..

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

272. Posted:

Yeah, Push Square has Stickies. I don't see why we don't have them here.:|

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

273. Posted:

Knock it off with the frowny-face, Mac — the reason we don't have them here yet is because the forums haven't yet been upgraded. Patience, please. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

274. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Knock it off with the frowny-face, Mac — the reason we don't have them here yet is because the forums haven't yet been upgraded. Patience, please. :3

...you lost me. They didn't just do a site upgrade? Or was the upgrade we got a few months ago purely aesthetic?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

275. Posted:

There was a bit of back-end stuff that got upgraded along with the profiles and visual revamp, i think, but no — we're still waiting on changes to the forums.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

276. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

There was a bit of back-end stuff that got upgraded along with the profiles and visual revamp, i think, but no — we're still waiting on changes to the forums.

Okay...guess I'll go back to being patient. It's just that I'm on my 3rd year of waiting. It's getting tough, you know?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

277. Posted:

while you're in here, Mac, I must say i like how you said you'd like to see users unable to change their own names (due to confusion) when you asked for and received a name-change yourself just the other day (and are probably already confusing people, lol). People are going to be confused no matter what — the only possible way to go about it is to not allow username changes at all if we really wanted to put an end to it. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shining-Void

278. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

A thumbs up bar.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

279. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

while you're in here, Mac, I must say i like how you said you'd like to see users unable to change their own names (due to confusion) when you asked for and received a name-change yourself just the other day (and are probably already confusing people, lol). People are going to be confused no matter what — the only possible way to go about it is to not allow username changes at all if we really wanted to put an end to it. :3

Yeah, changing the name wasn't my best idea - I keep confusing myself! (who's this order-sol who keeps posting in my threads?!) If anything, that's what brought it up. If we go through the mods, it's less likely and at least confusion is reduced. I know you guys set it up this way because too many people were asking for name changes, but now I feel it's too frequent. I left here for a week once, and when I came back, I felt like I was in another forum or something.:( Some people have gone through 6 or more different names, and I'm bad enough with names as it is!

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

280. Posted:

Order-Sol wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

while you're in here, Mac, I must say i like how you said you'd like to see users unable to change their own names (due to confusion) when you asked for and received a name-change yourself just the other day (and are probably already confusing people, lol). People are going to be confused no matter what — the only possible way to go about it is to not allow username changes at all if we really wanted to put an end to it. :3

Yeah, changing the name wasn't my best idea - I keep confusing myself! (who's this order-sol who keeps posting in my threads?!) If anything, that's what brought it up. If we go through the mods, it's less likely and at least confusion is reduced. I know you guys set it up this way because too many people were asking for name changes, but now I feel it's too frequent. I left here for a week once, and when I came back, I felt like I was in another forum or something.:( Some people have gone through 6 or more different names, and I'm bad enough with names as it is!

I dont know if its possible but when someone changes their name their old name should appear in their signature automatically and cant be removed that way we know whos who. Confusing people is one reason I dont change mine.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311