Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,597

theblackdragon

Knock it off with the frowny-face, Mac — the reason we don't have them here yet is because the forums haven't yet been upgraded. Patience, please. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

Knock it off with the frowny-face, Mac — the reason we don't have them here yet is because the forums haven't yet been upgraded. Patience, please. :3

...you lost me. They didn't just do a site upgrade? Or was the upgrade we got a few months ago purely aesthetic?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

There was a bit of back-end stuff that got upgraded along with the profiles and visual revamp, i think, but no — we're still waiting on changes to the forums.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

There was a bit of back-end stuff that got upgraded along with the profiles and visual revamp, i think, but no — we're still waiting on changes to the forums.

Okay...guess I'll go back to being patient. It's just that I'm on my 3rd year of waiting. It's getting tough, you know?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

while you're in here, Mac, I must say i like how you said you'd like to see users unable to change their own names (due to confusion) when you asked for and received a name-change yourself just the other day (and are probably already confusing people, lol). People are going to be confused no matter what — the only possible way to go about it is to not allow username changes at all if we really wanted to put an end to it. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

while you're in here, Mac, I must say i like how you said you'd like to see users unable to change their own names (due to confusion) when you asked for and received a name-change yourself just the other day (and are probably already confusing people, lol). People are going to be confused no matter what — the only possible way to go about it is to not allow username changes at all if we really wanted to put an end to it. :3

Yeah, changing the name wasn't my best idea - I keep confusing myself! (who's this order-sol who keeps posting in my threads?!) If anything, that's what brought it up. If we go through the mods, it's less likely and at least confusion is reduced. I know you guys set it up this way because too many people were asking for name changes, but now I feel it's too frequent. I left here for a week once, and when I came back, I felt like I was in another forum or something. Some people have gone through 6 or more different names, and I'm bad enough with names as it is!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Order-Sol wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Yeah, changing the name wasn't my best idea - I keep confusing myself! (who's this order-sol who keeps posting in my threads?!) If anything, that's what brought it up. If we go through the mods, it's less likely and at least confusion is reduced. I know you guys set it up this way because too many people were asking for name changes, but now I feel it's too frequent. I left here for a week once, and when I came back, I felt like I was in another forum or something. Some people have gone through 6 or more different names, and I'm bad enough with names as it is!

I dont know if its possible but when someone changes their name their old name should appear in their signature automatically and cant be removed that way we know whos who. Confusing people is one reason I dont change mine.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

she_gamer

Hi, just an idea for recommendations... (sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find anything). This will sound a lot like user ratings, but a little different and much simpler.
One of the main reason I visit this site is for recommendations. Usually I go by reviews, but I like seeing what the general populace thinks too. Going through the "______ Recommendations Thread" in the forums is a HUGE hassle though, especially if you want to start at page 1. Plus there's a lot of repetition, missed question, etc. It would be great if games could have some sort of info tag like "____ users recommend this game" in the Game Overview box. Also, when the list of games is displayed, it would be great if you could sort them by the amount of recommendations they have.
I know it's a lot like user reviews, but it's much simpler: would you recommend it, yes or no. I usually only read the actual website's reviews anyhow when I'm on other sites, not the user reviews. I guess this sounds a lot like the "Like" button as well. Anyways, just a thought. It's already a fantastic site though, always my first stop for anything game-related

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Vincent294

Have an April Fools joke thing like Game Informer's Game Infarcer.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

FonistofCruxis

VincentV wrote:

Have an April Fools joke thing like Game Informer's Game Infarcer.

NL did an April fool's joke the previous two years so they'll probably do one on the day this year too.

Vincent294

Bios. Like the ones Game Informer has (see "My Stuff"). Also, if your from Europe, perhaps you could detail the Daylights Saving Time & time difference stuff for me, because as you can see from my Bio, it would be a good help for my MK7 community and many others I could help too.

Vincent294

James

VincentV wrote:

Bios. Like the ones Game Informer has (see "My Stuff"). Also, if your from Europe, perhaps you could detail the Daylights Saving Time & time difference stuff for me, because as you can see from my Bio, it would be a good help for my MK7 community and many others I could help too.

You know about the internet, right?

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Vincent294

Thanks. There's just too many sites that could give you a virus, etc. Excessive ads (or tracking cookies), anyone? I have an app on my PC, but that doesn't tell the DST dates, etc. It does it, but when you make a schedule, you want the time to be accurate. As for the details/bios (like an area to show MK7 community codes, etc.), look into it. In some areas, unlike most, Nintendo Life lags behind. Lets fix it.

Vincent294

Shadow100

I don't think this question needs a new thread so I'll just ask it here:
What does it mean when there is a star next to the title of a game?
On this page there are a few.

Edited on by Shadow100

James

The star means "recently created" or "recently released"

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic