Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,597

Drawdler

Um, okay. XD Great to know that's in work! And I'm a girl

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

JustAnotherUser

What about being notified by email/PM when you have your name mention like this: @username?

JustAnotherUser

Vincent294

3DS version of the site? Please be in 3D. A killer layout would be nice too. Here's a better idea: make an eShop app w/ videos, and more.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

James

We're not going to make a 3D version of the website. We're also not likely to make an eShop app with videos — as you may have noticed, we don't actually create original video content here, so a 3DS NL video app wouldn't have much on it

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Victoria

What happened to the little flags that showed up on our posts to the main news articles? I thought they were handy to quickly view where a poster was from, especially since games and features vary between regions.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Tasuki

@Victoria: According to Ant they got rid of them because it cause some problems with the fact that people knew where other posters were from. For instance people would make assumptions about people cause where they were from. So basically to make sure there was no problems due to that they got rid of the flags.

If you are really curious about where people are from you can also click on the persons avatar and it will tell you where they are from.

From the news article about the changes:

antdickens said:

@VintageBoy we wanted to give everyone a level playing field, we've noticed that since the introduction of the flags people can pre-judge someone's comments based on where they are from - in a negative way, for example users from smaller countries often get ignored straight away - so to remove this prejudice we've removed the flags. Hopefully people can understand why!

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

zezhyrule

This is just a small thing, but in the "Edit Profile" page it still says "60px by 60px is recommended" for avatars when they're now displayed at 80x80 on the forums and 128x128 in each profile.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Squiggle55

Tasuki wrote:

@Victoria: According to Ant they got rid of them because it cause some problems with the fact that people knew where other posters were from. For instance people would make assumptions about people cause where they were from. So basically to make sure there was no problems due to that they got rid of the flags.

If you are really curious about where people are from you can also click on the persons avatar and it will tell you where they are from.

From the news article about the changes:

antdickens said:

@VintageBoy we wanted to give everyone a level playing field, we've noticed that since the introduction of the flags people can pre-judge someone's comments based on where they are from - in a negative way, for example users from smaller countries often get ignored straight away - so to remove this prejudice we've removed the flags. Hopefully people can understand why!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, powers that be, but my honest assumption is that the old website template had the flags built in and it would be a hassle trying to figure out how to add them in to this new template.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

zezhyrule

Squiggle55 wrote:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, powers that be, but my honest assumption is that the old website template had the flags built in and it would be a hassle trying to figure out how to add them in to this new template.

Ant clearly stated the reason that they removed the flags.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Squiggle55

zezhyrule wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

Ant clearly stated the reason that they removed the flags.

I know I followed the post about the website changes very carefully. I'm just stating my opinion that it seemed like a reason developed after the fact.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

theblackdragon

Squiggle55 wrote:

I know I followed the post about the website changes very carefully. I'm just stating my opinion that it seemed like a reason developed after the fact.

just FYI, implying that Ant's a liar isn't really the smartest move ever :3

also, @zez: KINECTaku hasn't made the switchover yet, so it's still displaying avatars at 60x60.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Squiggle55

theblackdragon wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

just FYI, implying that Ant's a liar isn't really the smartest move ever :3

hey, i love all of you and your work. I don't mean any offense. All I'm saying is that I don't think there is a turn on/turn off flags button.

James

Squiggle55 wrote:

hey, i love all of you and your work. I don't mean any offense. All I'm saying is that I don't think there is a turn on/turn off flags button.

Ant coded this site almost single-handedly. If he wanted to code the flags in, you better believe he could do it

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Vincent294

James wrote:

Squiggle55 wrote:

Ant coded this site almost single-handedly. If he wanted to code the flags in, you better believe he could do it

Holy crud! He did that?! Dang, he's good.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

CanisWolfred

I agree that a hidden post counter would be nice. Some of us like to keep track of that stuff, but if most non-Mods don't see it, it won't become an e-pen...of course, I suppose people would make threads asking what your post count is and that would be annoying...

And honestly, I would prefer it if you took away our ability to change our names whenever we want (within 90 days). Honestly, I find all the name changing very confusing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would like it, however, if we had the titles from Movemodo back, and that we could change those whenever we wanted to, perhaps with any restriction you feel is necessary.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SkywardLink98

A thumbs up bar.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Chrono_Cross

Stickies. So topics like 3DS Recommendations, Wii Recommendations, and DS Recommendations are always at the top of the first page so people who are going to make a topic on "What game I should buy? Game A or B?" will use common sense and use that said topic for their question rather than making another topic.

Of course this won't eliminate all chances of unneeded multiple topics but yeah. ..

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic