Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 241 to 260 of 805

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

241. Posted:

@Nibelilt: the Newbie Introductions thread can be found here.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

242. Posted:

We need a friend system and PMing.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

243. Posted:

@NintendoFan_27 Just try googling "Nintendolife + chat" and see what you get.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

244. Posted:

Thanks! Couldn't find that. Also, yes, we need a PM system. I just copied one of my old signatures mentioning it, assuming there was one here. ><

Friends System could register friends when you add their codes, kind of like what Animal Crossing Community has.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

245. Posted:

Is there any chance there'll be an Entertainment Sub-forum in the revamp? That would really reduce some clutter in the general discussion section, amd would make it so all our TV, Movie, Book, and Anime talk won't have to be relagated to single threads.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GrooseMarioFan

246. Posted:

I think you guys should have .5 s in your reviews. Like Super Mario 3D Land probably would have gotton a 9.5, probably the same with Wind Waker. Instead of plain whole numbers. Just an idea. :)

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4747-2365 (Tell me if you add me)
Fav. Wii game: Skyward Sword
3DS game: Mario Kart 7
eShop game: Pushmo
Gamecube game: Wind Waker & Super Mario Sunshine
N64 game: Ocarina of Time & Conker
Proud owner of an Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS :)
I change my avatar every Tuesday!

AuthorMessage

James

247. Posted:

@GrooseMarioFan the 1-10 scale is here to stay :)

@GundamMac No plans at the moment but I'll take it into consideration.

@Nibelilt We won't be doing a private messaging service but we will do user-to-user messaging soon.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

248. Posted:

James wrote:

@Nibelilt We won't be doing a private messaging service but we will do user-to-user messaging soon.

What's the difference?

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races; days posted as Friend List status)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

249. Posted:

@NintendoFan_27: the difference being that one is 'private', and the other would be easily viewable by other users as well as the intended (and therefore we'd be able to moderate it as necessary to prevent abuse of the system). that's how i'm reading what he said, anyway :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

250. Posted:

Please allow links for the users comments page. It really helps with getting to a certain post or forum. At the moment you can of course see where you commented, but it'd be nice to get a link at the same time. :3

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

251. Posted:

@Geonjaha: what are you talking about? wait, nm, i get it now.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

252. Posted:

Um, okay. XD Great to know that's in work! And I'm a girl

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

James

253. Posted:

Good for you.

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

254. Posted:

What about being notified by email/PM when you have your name mention like this: @username?

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

255. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@NintendoFan_27: the difference being that one is 'private', and the other would be easily viewable by other users as well as the intended (and therefore we'd be able to moderate it as necessary to prevent abuse of the system). that's how i'm reading what he said, anyway :3

Well, if other users can view what you send to the intended... then it's not really that great. It would be fine if moderators can see it...

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races; days posted as Friend List status)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

256. Posted:

3DS version of the site? Please be in 3D. A killer layout would be nice too. Here's a better idea: make an eShop app w/ videos, and more.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

James

257. Posted:

We're not going to make a 3D version of the website. We're also not likely to make an eShop app with videos — as you may have noticed, we don't actually create original video content here, so a 3DS NL video app wouldn't have much on it :)

AuthorMessage

Victoria

258. Posted:

What happened to the little flags that showed up on our posts to the main news articles? I thought they were handy to quickly view where a poster was from, especially since games and features vary between regions.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

259. Posted:

@Victoria: According to Ant they got rid of them because it cause some problems with the fact that people knew where other posters were from. For instance people would make assumptions about people cause where they were from. So basically to make sure there was no problems due to that they got rid of the flags.

If you are really curious about where people are from you can also click on the persons avatar and it will tell you where they are from.

From the news article about the changes:

antdickens said:

@VintageBoy we wanted to give everyone a level playing field, we've noticed that since the introduction of the flags people can pre-judge someone's comments based on where they are from - in a negative way, for example users from smaller countries often get ignored straight away - so to remove this prejudice we've removed the flags. Hopefully people can understand why!

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

260. Posted:

This is just a small thing, but in the "Edit Profile" page it still says "60px by 60px is recommended" for avatars when they're now displayed at 80x80 on the forums and 128x128 in each profile.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.