Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,597

theblackdragon

@Tate24: When we lock a thread as a duplicate, we make sure to find the original for you (or make sure someone else has already done so) before locking it so that you can post in it along with everyone else and (possibly) get what you need from the existing discussion. Just to be clear, no one is in trouble when we lock/redirect a thread — we know the search function is busted, and we do apologize, but hopefully it'll be fixed with the upcoming site revamp.

We appreciate your patience! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

James

Blah blah updates coming blah blah thanks for your patience blah blah big things blah blah if we can type in codes so can you blah blah.

As for bold/italic buttons I think it's easier just using asterisks for bold and underscores for italics — quicker than clicking a button surely!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Tasuki

I think there should be a separate section for all those game threads stuff like Give the person above you a high five and This and That for example instead of crowding the general section.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Vincent294

3DS NLife app! It works fine on 3DS internet browser, but we could save log-ins, watch videos, and get better load times & 3DS optimized layout. Great idea, right?

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Vincent294

Make something like Game Informer's the Glitchies. I'm trying to see who thinks is glitchier: Asphalt 3D or Fifa 12? Which one? You can see my debate here: Vote Now!

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Pichuka97

Have to add a part on the website were you can add and manage people ( like a friends list ) you like for easy acsess and to talk to each other easily.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

Drawdler

I don't know if this is here but do we have a "Welcome new users" forum, thread, or something? I just joined but I'm not sure where to introduce myself...

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

TeeJay

@NintendoFan_27 Just try googling "Nintendolife + chat" and see what you get.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Drawdler

Thanks! Couldn't find that. Also, yes, we need a PM system. I just copied one of my old signatures mentioning it, assuming there was one here. ><

Friends System could register friends when you add their codes, kind of like what Animal Crossing Community has.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

CanisWolfred

Is there any chance there'll be an Entertainment Sub-forum in the revamp? That would really reduce some clutter in the general discussion section, amd would make it so all our TV, Movie, Book, and Anime talk won't have to be relagated to single threads.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GrooseMarioFan

I think you guys should have .5 s in your reviews. Like Super Mario 3D Land probably would have gotton a 9.5, probably the same with Wind Waker. Instead of plain whole numbers. Just an idea.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4747-2365 (Tell me if you add me)
Fav. Wii game: Skyward Sword
3DS game: Mario Kart 7
eShop game: Pushmo
Gamecube game: Wind Waker & Super Mario Sunshine
N64 game: Ocarina of Time & Conker
Proud owner of an Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS :...

James

@GrooseMarioFan the 1-10 scale is here to stay

@GundamMac No plans at the moment but I'll take it into consideration.

@Nibelilt We won't be doing a private messaging service but we will do user-to-user messaging soon.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

theblackdragon

@NintendoFan_27: the difference being that one is 'private', and the other would be easily viewable by other users as well as the intended (and therefore we'd be able to moderate it as necessary to prevent abuse of the system). that's how i'm reading what he said, anyway :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Please allow links for the users comments page. It really helps with getting to a certain post or forum. At the moment you can of course see where you commented, but it'd be nice to get a link at the same time. :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic