Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 221 to 240 of 856

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

221. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

Lookit this little dandy I found... Beta NL?
And as a warning, it does constantly pester you for a username and password, so it can get a little tricky to close.

it's not that damn hard to find considering i keep linking to it on accident, lol. it's the same site as NL, just with some backend code Ant's wanting to hammer the kinks out of. no new features yet, i'm afraid :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

James

222. Posted:

mjforthewin wrote:

Link245 wrote:

I think user reviews would be pretty cool.

You can do that. It can be done by commenting on the game or nlife review.

Please do not do this: we will get around to supporting user reviews in future but in the meantime please don't create your own reviews, either on the game or our review. Cheers.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

apa-sl

223. Posted:

Maybe an option to create our own gamelists (personal favorites/wanna play and readers voting on a game) tied to our users accounts. Sometimes I encounter a material (news, review, etc.) about a game that I would like to try in the future and I simply forget to do that later.

http://www.ElimiDateapp.com - mobile dating gamification

AuthorMessage

Shadow100

224. Posted:

@apa-sf You should try Backloggery.

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage

misswliu81

225. Posted:

the option to post images by either having an insert image button by copying, pasting the image link and when you post it, the image shows up or uploading images from your computer and the image appears.

Edited on by misswliu81

misswliu81

AuthorMessage

Tate24

226. Posted:

While think nintendo life is decent!

Am getting seriously annoy with finding things on forum!

Having to scroll through 75 + pages find friend codes for examle is stupid!

I put up post about how many times we play on games on 3DS to have sumone lock it.
just because there was other post like it sum were else which fine.

If that post easy find wouldnt bothered putting it up!

But it would help if they were easy to find which is not the case!

When am searching sumthing on here takes ages to look through each page!

I also think u should delete posts that no longer needed!

Because there just filling pages with outdate posts

Forum needs sorting out its defo not best it could be!

And nintendo life deserve the best

Sorry moan but just how i feel about it!

Game collection - Mario Kart 8, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, MHU, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Black op 2, NFS: MW, Nintendo Land.

Here my dream code for anyone who wants visit my town in AC: New Leaf - Town - ARCADIA - 6400-2151-7063

You can also follow me on tumblr :)
lw28.tumblr.com

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

227. Posted:

How about a troll blocker

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

Syrup

228. Posted:

The ability to Private Message (PM) other users.

Tumblr: http://sailorsyrup.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

229. Posted:

Bubbab55 wrote:

How about a troll blocker

Or you could just report people when they troll you, or at least contact the mods and explain your situation.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

230. Posted:

@Tate24: When we lock a thread as a duplicate, we make sure to find the original for you (or make sure someone else has already done so) before locking it so that you can post in it along with everyone else and (possibly) get what you need from the existing discussion. Just to be clear, no one is in trouble when we lock/redirect a thread — we know the search function is busted, and we do apologize, but hopefully it'll be fixed with the upcoming site revamp.

We appreciate your patience! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

231. Posted:

I want more free stuff!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

232. Posted:

misswliu81 wrote:

the option to post images by either having an insert image button by copying, pasting the image link and when you post it, the image shows up or uploading images from your computer and the image appears.

I've already mentioned this a million times, plus a YouTube Video button would be nice. :p
I'm still scratching my head why they wont add an insert image button...I know NL is trying to go for an extremely clean and minimal approach which is cool and everything, but sometimes it gets to a point where things become too minimal, which results in a semi prehistoric and frustrating layout. I'm sure most people can't remember all of the coding for the emoticons for example. :p

Plus punching in YouTube video coding is so annoying. Ya, it's no biggie just doing one....Then again it's still annoying. lol But then when you add in the constant bolding, image coding and emoticons and this and that. it comes a Nintendo Life jungle of codeOrama.

I'd peronally add in an IMG button, a YouTube Video button, Bold / italic / underline buttons, A 'Preview' button(So you dont have to keep editing your post while it's actually already posted to get it the way you wan't)and an emoticon list as well. This would make punching in posts much breezier, less annoying and quicker.

But I know deep down in my Ninja turtle core that this will never happen...Maybe in a zillion billion pee wee light years perhaps.lol For now, I know I'll just get a "If we can type in the coding, so can you!" Zoink! :p

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

James

233. Posted:

Blah blah updates coming blah blah thanks for your patience blah blah big things blah blah if we can type in codes so can you blah blah.

As for bold/italic buttons I think it's easier just using asterisks for bold and underscores for italics — quicker than clicking a button surely! :)

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Raylax

234. Posted:

I found NL Beta 2.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

235. Posted:

I think there should be a separate section for all those game threads stuff like Give the person above you a high five and This and That for example instead of crowding the general section.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

236. Posted:

3DS NLife app! It works fine on 3DS internet browser, but we could save log-ins, watch videos, and get better load times & 3DS optimized layout. Great idea, right?

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

237. Posted:

Make something like Game Informer's the Glitchies. I'm trying to see who thinks is glitchier: Asphalt 3D or Fifa 12? Which one? You can see my debate here: Vote Now!

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

238. Posted:

Have to add a part on the website were you can add and manage people ( like a friends list ) you like for easy acsess and to talk to each other easily.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

239. Posted:

Friends List - You can then send private messages to these users

Friend Online Live Update - When somebody logs on, there will be a little pop-up message saying who just went online in real time (without having to refresh the page)

Chat - The ability to chat with online friends (similar to Facebook)

New Post Live Update - When somebody posts a new message on a watched topic, it will show a notification at the top of the page in real time (without having to refresh the page)

Just some suggestions. :)

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races; days posted as Friend List status)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

240. Posted:

I don't know if this is here but do we have a "Welcome new users" forum, thread, or something? I just joined but I'm not sure where to introduce myself... :P

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt