3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 1,000

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

101. Posted:

@Groose_Lord I think he was in the video.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

102. Posted:

Watched the trailer on the 3ds, it was cool, the drawn link is a different ablity though, but hopefully the next zelda will be a 3d one since those are the ones I enjoy most....and the fact you could play a ton of 2d zeldas on the 3ds (ds zeldas, vc zeldas).

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

103. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

I fear for the length of the game. After, many recent 3DS entries in familiar franchise feel, thus far, lacking in length and perhaps even difficulty.

MAJOR EDIT:

Where would this fit on the Zelda Timeline?

For those familiar, Hyrule fell after A Link to the Past which in turn led to the "wasteland" of Zelda I and Zelda II. How can a game be set right after ALttP, especially since the Master Sword really is forever gone in this branch of the timeline?

Also, if I am correct, I believe the Triforce of Courage was lost during this timeline. After the Hero of Time fell, the 3rd Triforce faded into legend only to be reassembled in Zelda II.

doesn't common sense dicate affter ALTTP and before Zelda 1

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Ryno

104. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Where would this fit on the Zelda Timeline?
For those familiar, Hyrule fell after A Link to the Past which in turn led to the "wasteland" of Zelda I and Zelda II. How can a game be set right after ALttP, especially since the Master Sword really is forever gone in this branch of the timeline?
Also, if I am correct, I believe the Triforce of Courage was lost during this timeline. After the Hero of Time fell, the 3rd Triforce faded into legend only to be reassembled in Zelda II.

doesn't common sense dicate affter ALTTP and before Zelda 1

What about Link's Awakening??? Dose this game fall before or after LA? It is question we need answered so we can update our Hyrule Historia, or something...

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

105. Posted:

under the japanese video they have a subtitle under the ZELDA. anyone know what it says?

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

Ryno

106. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ryno wrote:

This game actually almost makes me want to buy a 3DS.

Buy a 3DS.

;) Still waiting to see a 2D Metroid.

So you haven't gotten a Nintendo handheld since the GBA?

Well actually, yes, the GBA is my "latest" handheld.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

107. Posted:

As a lover of ALttP/LA/OoA/OoS-style Zelda, I very much approve of what I've seen so far. The game looks good in 3D, and I'm really interested to see what clever puzzles they'll come up with for the "paper-ization" mechanic.

I just want to know one thing though, something I couldn't tell even after watching the trailer three times - can Link's sword still go through walls?

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

108. Posted:

I actually dont like how link looks but everything else was great,will be buying this at the end of the year

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

109. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

As a lover of ALttP/LA/OoA/OoS-style Zelda, I very much approve of what I've seen so far. The game looks good in 3D, and I'm really interested to see what clever puzzles they'll come up with for the "paper-ization".

I just want to know one thing though, something I couldn't tell even after watching the trailer three times - can Link's sword still go through walls?

I don't think he attacked near a wall so it's hard to tell.

This is the first traditional top-down Zelda Nintendo themselves has made since Link's Awakening, right? If so, I'd say we're in for a treat.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

evanescent_hero

110. Posted:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

As a lover of ALttP/LA/OoA/OoS-style Zelda, I very much approve of what I've seen so far. The game looks good in 3D, and I'm really interested to see what clever puzzles they'll come up with for the "paper-ization".

This is the first traditional top-down Zelda Nintendo themselves has made since Link's Awakening, right? If so, I'd say we're in for a treat.

...Minish Cap?

I'm looking forward to this game for sure. I like the art style and I'm glad to see ALttP get a successor. (Link's Awakening was an awesome sequel.) Now if only he had pink hair...

evanescent_hero

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

111. Posted:

Story-wise... this could be a LttP prequel and explain the Imprisioning War...

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

112. Posted:

evanescent_hero wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

...Minish Cap?

I'm looking forward to this game for sure. I like the art style and I'm glad to see ALttP get a successor. (Link's Awakening was an awesome sequel.) Now if only he had pink hair...

Minish Cap was Capcom same as the Oracle games.

I'm gonna guess this is after Link's Awakening when he returns to Hyrule.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

evanescent_hero

113. Posted:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

evanescent_hero wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

...Minish Cap?

Minish Cap was Capcom same as the Oracle games.

I'm gonna guess this is after Link's Awakening when he returns to Hyrule.

...and? Minish Cap was easy but good. The Oracle games are my favorite 2D ones. Just because it was developed by a different company doesn't mean it wasn't a traditional Zelda game. The two DS ones were far less traditional.

That would make sense, but I could also see it being between ALttP and the Oracle games. The overworld looks to be the same or very similar, as opposed to the wasteland that is Zelda I's Hyrule, so I'd say closer to ALttP than the first game.

EDIT: Oh, I missed the bit about Nintendo making it themselves.

Edited on by evanescent_hero

evanescent_hero

AuthorMessage

KAHN

114. Posted:

Untitled
my face when i saw that trailer in 3D.

and guys, think about it. that chalk drawing portion is an amazing game mechanic. think about it; the entire game is a top-down perspective game. walking on the walls as a drawing will allow you to reach places you normally wouldn't be able to access in a regular 2D zelda game (and it also shifts the camera so it doesn't look 2D), thus a variety of new types of puzzles.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

115. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I don't mean that it is a remake.

I think this will me kind of like Evil Dead 2 in relation Evil Dead 1, if that reference makes sense. Not exactly a remake, not exactly a sequel, but somewhere in between.

This is exactly what I was thinking — the Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 comparison.
From watching the trailer, I'm not convinced that this isn't just a re-imagining. And I won't be until we hear or see more on it.
Doesn't really matter that much to me since i'll be getting it regardless.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

116. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

What about Link's Awakening??? Dose this game fall before or after LA? It is question we need answered so we can update our Hyrule Historia, or something...

LOL, we all have one of those right @Ryno? :P
Soon. Hopefully.

Edited on by OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

117. Posted:

Im excited for this title but does this mean we wont see an original 3D Zelda title on the 3DS for a while? :(

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

118. Posted:

Like someone mentioned before, brand new Pokemon and Zelda for 3DS this fall? Dang my wallet is going to get some exercise; Along with Summer and holiday releases(including whatever we're seeing at E3), this is going to be a great time to have a 3DS and Wii U...if you can find the time to play all this!

Although this is being based off of an upgrade to LttP's style, I'm really liking the wall drawing Link, it helps to give this game it's own semi-new style!

...formerly - Chriiis

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6833-4680 | Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

Peach64

119. Posted:

It looked like a remake to me from the video. All the enemies, the dungeon obstacles, the things like the dungeon doors, the trees, the ridges etc. Just seen someone has put together this from the screens we've been shown..

Untitled

They might not want to call it a remake, but it's not a sequel either. I mean, come on, not even Call of Duty just does the same map all over again. I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm so disappointed.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

120. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

It looked like a remake to me from the video. All the enemies, the dungeon obstacles, the things like the dungeon doors, the trees, the ridges etc. Just seen someone has put together this from the screens we've been shown..

Untitled

They might not want to call it a remake, but it's not a sequel either. I mean, come on, not even Call of Duty just does the same map all over again. I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm so disappointed.

I have the complete opposite opinion, about time a game series has the same world and it actually looks the same in different games! It makes sense for once.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/