3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

121. Posted:

I want to be excited for this but I don't see what the buzz is about.

That Mario Golf game looks interesting, though.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RevolverLink

122. Posted:

I'm not entirely sure what some people were expecting when they heard that Nintendo was considering an A Link to the Past sequel that would take place in the same world (as opposed to an ALttP sequel that takes place elsewhere, like Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages); it makes perfect sense to me that much of the overworld (of which we've seen very, very little so far, mind you) would largely be the same.

Honestly, the overworld for this game could be almost 1:1 in terms of landmarks, and I would be totally fine with it as long as there is a new story (confirmed), are new items and mechanics to play with (also confirmed), new sidequests to complete (not confirmed, but it's a lock that there will be) and new dungeons (also confirmed).

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

123. Posted:

Pixelroy wrote:

under the japanese video they have a subtitle under the ZELDA. anyone know what it says?

Triforce of the Gods 2

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordessMeep

124. Posted:

Still disappointed by the lack of MM3DS/3D Zelda game... but this looks pretty good. The 3D effect is amazing and I really like the art-style. 'Paperized' Link seems like an interesting mechanic too. Shame I'll have to wait for while to buy it, I really need this in physical format. It takes a while for games to arrive over here. :D

Watching Link spring up from floor to floor, I can't help but hope for a randomized dungeon game mode where we try to reach the topmost floor. Maybe I've just been playing far too much Scarescraper on Luigi's Mansion. :P

Edited on by LordessMeep

(username - lordesmeep)

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6569-9541

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

125. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I want to be excited for this but I don't see what the buzz is about.

That Mario Golf game interesting, though.

It's a new Zelda game - I think it would take a really bad looking game for people to not get excited...
With that said; the 3D trailer looked alright, but I'm still not loving the art style, and nothing great has been shown so far.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Romeo

126. Posted:

cmon guys, there's no reason not to be excited about this..
nintendo... new zelda game = awesome

this does not mean that we won't see a MM 3D remake btw, also really excited for WindWaker HD + new Zelda Wii U : )

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ClockworkMario

127. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

InternetBowser wrote:

Zelda is the kinda game that should attract "core" gamers. I mean, Marios (2D) sell like hotcakes, but Zelda games ought to lure those more hardcore gamers who are on the edge whether they should buy 3DS or not. The kinda epic adventure that people can't get on any other platform. A game that generates hype and excitement.

You make me sick, sir. You're talking as if the sequel to one of the greatest games to ever grace this earth is not enough to warrant excitement, that the hardcore would never touch a game of this magnitude. That 2D Zelda games are incapapble of epic adventures.

Well I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but you're wrong on all counts. Dead wrong.

...I'm exaggerating on all things except the latter, btw. That said, never underestimate the power of Nostalgia, and A Link to the Past really is one of the most epic Zelda games there is, 2D or 3D. It certainly exceeds OoT and Skyward Sword in terms of scale and the feeling of a big world.

I was mostly talking about the trailer they shoved. Should Nintendo prove me wrong in the coming months (likely) I'll be happy to look back at my comments and hang my head in shame. But thus far they haven't shown anything groundbreaking, something to get me pumped even without the nostalgia. I mean this is The Legend of Zelda we're talking about. I kinda expected to feel more like this:

And less like this:

Currently on the plate: Zero Escape – Virtues Last Reward
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – DC
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Waiting to be devoured:
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Far Cry 3
Tons of Steam-games

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

128. Posted:

I agree with @InternetBowser. Yes, it's a Zelda game - so it will probably turn out better than it looks now, but that doesn't mean that it looks amazing now, or that their reveal was great automatically just because it was of a Zelda game.

Romeo wrote:

cmon guys, there's no reason not to be excited about this..
nintendo... new zelda game = awesome

So your logic is that there is no reason to assume anything critical of the game because it's a Zelda game? ...That didn't sound subjective or fanboyish at all!

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nibelilt

129. Posted:

This is perfect for me, since I haven't managed to get ALTTP...

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

130. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

I agree with @InternetBowser. Yes, it's a Zelda game - so it will probably turn out better than it looks now, but that doesn't mean that it looks amazing now, or that their reveal was great automatically just because it was of a Zelda game.

Romeo wrote:

cmon guys, there's no reason not to be excited about this..
nintendo... new zelda game = awesome

So your logic is that there is no reason to assume anything critical of the game because it's a Zelda game? ...That didn't sound subjective or fanboyish at all!

To be fair, Zelda is arguably the most consistently good gaming series ever, so automatically believing it will be great isn't much of a stretch honestly.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

evanescent_hero

131. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

It looked like a remake to me from the video. All the enemies, the dungeon obstacles, the things like the dungeon doors, the trees, the ridges etc. Just seen someone has put together this from the screens we've been shown..

Untitled

They might not want to call it a remake, but it's not a sequel either. I mean, come on, not even Call of Duty just does the same map all over again. I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm so disappointed.

Give me one good reason a direct sequel taking place in the exact same world should have a different overworld. A single logical in-game reason. Literally one.

Of course it's a sequel. It takes place in the same overworld and you've seen a few of the same enemies. A minute-long reveal trailer, not even a true hype trailer, is certainly indicative of the final game, right?
...right?

Of course there are going to be some of the same monsters populating the same world. Every Zelda game reuses enemies, and a couple of them reuse bosses. Who gives a damn if the world is exactly the same? As long as they do something different with it, it doesn't matter. And you can't just write off the new mechanics we've seen. That tower sure as hell wasn't taken from ALttP, and I don't remember being able to meld with the wall either.

Oh. And don't you EVER mention Call of Duty while talking about Zelda again.

evanescent_hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AddADashOfSalt

132. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

It looked like a remake to me from the video. All the enemies, the dungeon obstacles, the things like the dungeon doors, the trees, the ridges etc. Just seen someone has put together this from the screens we've been shown..

Untitled

They might not want to call it a remake, but it's not a sequel either. I mean, come on, not even Call of Duty just does the same map all over again. I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm so disappointed.

Oh my gawd, a single screen of what we think is a sequel to a classic game? TERRIBLE! That's like... something Mario Kart has been doing since the DS!
Seriously. Look. They call it a sequel, IN THE SAME WORLD AS LINK TO THE PAST, expect similar places. If it's a remake, then it's a freaking remake. They're not going to blend the two together. There's gonna be new puzzles, new places, new STUFF essentially. Don't worry.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrMario02

133. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

It looked like a remake to me from the video. All the enemies, the dungeon obstacles, the things like the dungeon doors, the trees, the ridges etc. Just seen someone has put together this from the screens we've been shown..

Untitled

They might not want to call it a remake, but it's not a sequel either. I mean, come on, not even Call of Duty just does the same map all over again. I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm so disappointed.

I have a theory about that image. The ALTTP image shows a stump and Zelda 3DS shows a tree in that spot. It's possible that this could be a prequel of ALTTP.

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

134. Posted:

@MrMario that's actually just a secret stump, you can climb inside it after Pegasus boot-ing it. :3
Also, I'm really digging the theme, I hope it's the overworld theme. :)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

135. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

It looked like a remake to me from the video. All the enemies, the dungeon obstacles, the things like the dungeon doors, the trees, the ridges etc. Just seen someone has put together this from the screens we've been shown..

Untitled

They might not want to call it a remake, but it's not a sequel either. I mean, come on, not even Call of Duty just does the same map all over again. I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm so disappointed.

Hyrule's borders will probably be expanded. There's no way we're only getting the ALTTP overworld. That's not even the dark world!

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

136. Posted:


I honestly am mainly putting this here because I think he explained what I meant about LTTP being different from later 2D Zeldas, it is a bit quicker. The handheld Zeldas more and more became a bit slower and more like the 3D games...I think.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

137. Posted:

You know, it could be similar to how Pokemon B/W and B2/W2 were done...B2/W2 were not remakes, even though they use most of the world from the previous game, as well as bringing in new locations. This could be a similar situation...they did say that this game will be taking place in ALttP's world.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

138. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@MrMario that's actually just a secret stump, you can climb inside it after Pegasus boot-ing it. :3

I thought the same thing MrMario did until I remembered that.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RevolverLink

139. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 - I've never actually consciously noticed that before, aside from my belief that ALttP probably has the best pacing, from start to finish, in the entire series - and how quickly it plays is undoubtedly a big factor there - but now that it's been brought up, the 2D games did seem to slow down some from ALttP to LA/OoS/OoA to TMC to (especially) PH/ST.

LA and the Oracle series took most of their cues from A Link to the Past, though, oddly, those cues didn't include how ALttP starts. The GB/C games take a half hour or so to get going, whereas ALttP (more than any game since, though Majora's Mask's opening sequence deserves some mention there) immediately throws you into the action. And because they mostly followed the template of a console game, those three titles almost feel like full console games squeezed onto handhelds (though that's part of why they're my three favorite entries in the series, after MM) instead of being designed around the smaller gameplay sessions handhelds are known for.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveSquid

140. Posted:

@jamouse Thanks!!

Has anyone heard the music from that demo dungeon? AMAZING!! And they really perfected that chest chime with this one!

My other console is a next gen

"If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Caus we'd be trees. "