Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS' E3 Presentation tonight: I'm throwing my laptop out into the rain

Posts 161 to 180 of 197

Ploppins

Like many of you, I'm very disappointed regarding the lack of Animal Crossin news =/ With that being said, I didn't think the conference - and E3 - was too bad. I enjoyed all of the gameplay of Paper Mario and I was pleasantly surprised with 2-player coop in NSMB2 (although I won't have anyone to play it with =P). I just can't wait for Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario. I'm also very excited for the WiiU, as I know it'll be a blast playing with my cousins.

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

retired_account

I wanted to see Animal Crossing news just to see what all the fuss is about. I don't know the first thing about the series, haha.

retired_account

Chris720

I'm sure we'll have more info about Animal Crossing within the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a Nintendo Direct later this month, or next month, with more info on the 3DS and Wii U.

I still need to see more Luigi's Mansion, that game is looking amazing... after the abysmal presentations I'm actually getting hyped about these games but then I think... crap, I need more money!!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Knux

Mickeymac wrote:

Wait, He's SuperSonic1990?! So that was Knux who join vc-forums that one time? Sorry I gave you a super-hard time man, I mistook you for someone else who spammed me with messeges non-stop about Bomberman for a week until I finally blocked him...

Oh, it's no big deal. I can understand anyone getting me confused with another user named after Knuckles (although the email address in my signature should give away my original username). I rarely get on VC-forums anymore (although I should), so I haven't been keeping up on what goes on that website.

Knux

mamp

Now to completely change the conversation is this conference really worth throwing a laptop in to the rain? Well unless it's a really cheap one.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

CanisWolfred

Knux wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wait, He's SuperSonic1990?! So that was Knux who join vc-forums that one time? Sorry I gave you a super-hard time man, I mistook you for someone else who spammed me with messeges non-stop about Bomberman for a week until I finally blocked him...

[/div]

Oh, it's no big deal. I can understand anyone getting me confused with another user named after Knuckles (although the email address in my signature should give away my original username). I rarely get on VC-forums anymore (although I should), so I haven't been keeping up on what goes on that website.

Actually, it was the email that caused the confusion, see I coulda sworn his name had Super Sonic in it. I was probably way off, though. Heck, even if you were him, I should've still been nicer about it.

As for VC-forums, we usually welcome new and returning members, so feel free to drop by whenever you feel like. We got a few new ones recently who've helped liven things up, but ultimately you haven't missed a whole lot in the forum area since most of the action there is usually in the chatbox.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SmashYoshi123

the 3DS Software Showcase reminded me of a 1-HOUR Nintendo Direct Confrence, It WAS JUST A WASTE OF TIME!! NO NEW GAME REVEALS!! NO ANIMAL CROSSING!! BARELY ANY THIRD PARTY TITLES!! NO NEW FIRST PARTY GAME REVEALS!! IT WAS SHOVELWARE!!

I can't wait for Smash Bros for 3DS.

paburrows

I loved the conference, not a lot of new games, but tons of new info on them! Castlevania! Skylanders! Both Marios! NintendoLand! Both Epic Mickey's! Lego Cities! Wii U info! plus lots more!!!!!

These and the Kirby Collection make me excited for the rest of the year!!!!!

Edited on by paburrows

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

e-love

How did this turn into a thread about whether Animal Crossing is a good game or not -.-

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

RR529

Emaan1 wrote:

How did this turn into a thread about whether Animal Crossing is a good game or not -.-

Because those of us who don't know much about the series (like myself), were wondering what all the complaining was about (since it wasn't shown at said conference).

From then on, people have been stating their stance on the series.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mamp

For all those wondering about Animal Crossing all you have to know is that it's a major first party title like the rest of the really popular titles (like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Starfox, etc.) which is the reason people make a big fuss about it. It doesn't have action like the other games do but it's still REALLY popular which is why people got angry that Nintendo couldn't even give us at least a glimpse of the game.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Odnetnin

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The 3DS was the best part of the conference 'cause the rest was really bad
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When the Nintendo Land train goes in circles, it's a very, very
Mad world, mad world

But what I really want to talk about it is what a stellar line-up the 3DS has coming its way! From most anticipated to least anticipated:

• Paper Mario (even if it's a watered-down version of Paper Mario it'll still be amazing)
  • Luigi's Mansion (atmosphere levels are through the roof of this mansion )
  • NSMB2 (if the coin shenanigans and local co-op prove worthy additions)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited (the wonderfully imaginative excuse I needed to get back into this franchise)
  • LEGO Batman 2 (the bat-tastic demo made me a believer)

I'll be getting the first two for sure, the second two for probably, and the last one if I have extra money and the whole game is that fun. This isn't even considering the awesome eShop content in the works, including but not limited to Cave Story+ (yes it's more Cave Story, and that's not a bad thing), NightSky (one of my favorite games ever, check it out guys!), and Bomb Monkey (Renegade Kid is my hero).

In other words, who needs the Wii U when we have a ton of great content coming to the system we already own and love!

Also, here are the 3DS retail and digital release lists, for reference: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/e3_2012_every_3ds_ga...

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

komicturtle

If we get Harvest Moon: A new Beginning before Animal Crossing... Well, I'll be fine especially if they did push the release date further way... But still :/

komicturtle

shingi_70

We will. Harvest moon is slated for fall while Animal Crossing is most likely 2013.

Though that probably means its delayed ob Japan sd animal crossing usually has pretty close release dates.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

I'm hoping it's not delayed till 2013.. That game should have been and most likely is complete. I mentioned in another thread about Nintendo spacing their games out and how Luigi's Mansion could have been released late last year and earlier this year (Iwata mentioned it in one of those investors meeting). Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon doesn't seem to have changed at all since it was announced... Lame I say... Just.. lame..

komicturtle

RR529

Oddy wrote:

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The 3DS was the best part of the conference 'cause the rest was really bad
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When the Nintendo Land train goes in circles, it's a very, very
Mad world, mad world

But what I really want to talk about it is what a stellar line-up the 3DS has coming its way! From most anticipated to least anticipated:

• Paper Mario (even if it's a watered-down version of Paper Mario it'll still be amazing)
  • Luigi's Mansion (atmosphere levels are through the roof of this mansion )
  • NSMB2 (if the coin shenanigans and local co-op prove worthy additions)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited (the wonderfully imaginative excuse I needed to get back into this franchise)
  • LEGO Batman 2 (the bat-tastic demo made me a believer)

I'll be getting the first two for sure, the second two for probably, and the last one if I have extra money and the whole game is that fun. This isn't even considering the awesome eShop content in the works, including but not limited to Cave Story+ (yes it's more Cave Story, and that's not a bad thing), NightSky (one of my favorite games ever, check it out guys!), and Bomb Monkey (Renegade Kid is my hero).

In other words, who needs the Wii U when we have a ton of great content coming to the system we already own and love!

Also, here are the 3DS retail and digital release lists, for reference: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/e3_2012_every_3ds_ga...

Even if the series/genres really aren't your thing, I find it hard to believe that a LEGO Batman game would be more appealing to you than stuff like Kingdom Hearts 3D, Castlevania, and Code of Princess (I'm assuming this, because you have the LEGO game mentioned, but none of the above). Still, I will admit that the demo was suprisingly fun.

I completely agree when it comes to your eShop excitement. With games like Cave Story+ 3D, Night Sky, Unchained Blades, Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes, Unchained Blades, and the eventual release of Marvel Pinball 3D (Zen made it across the pond, after all) coming, I'm pretty excited.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Chrono_Cross

RR529 wrote:

Because those of us who don't know much about the series (like myself), were wondering what all the complaining was about.

If you've never tried out Animal Crossing before, do yourself a favor and go purchase City Folk for the Wii. It's a Nintendo select so it's only $20 now. It won't hurt your wallet.

Otherwise if you must know what it is, it's a simulation game. You're a kid living on his own in a town filled with animals and you're given the gift of life (to pursue and live how you wish). Plant flowers, fish, catch bugs, collect fossils, pay off your house, do jobs, play with friends online, customize your house, and really, do so much more.

But seriously, blowing $20 on a new game you're curious about isn't a bad idea. Especially with one like this that has potentially hundred of hour for you to enjoy.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

pkmnguy

Seriously, all of the best 3DS games (in my opinion) were not announced: Fire Emblem: Awakening (well that was sort of announced, but by accident), Animal Crossing, Professor Layton 5, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

WOOHOOO FINALLY REFLECTION IS OUT AS DIVERGENT SHIFT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.