Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS' E3 Presentation tonight: I'm throwing my laptop out into the rain

Posts 141 to 160 of 197

Chris720

Swiket wrote:

Trees don't die in Animal Crossing. Planted trees can fail to grow, but that has nothing to do with playtime.

They might as well of been dead because before holiday they were bearing fruit everyday, after I came back there was nothing on all of them...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

They come back, you know...in fact, none of the stuff you mentioned are permanent. You can pick the weeds, crush the bugs, the people will remember you...it's really not that bad, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chris720

Yeah I know that... but it's just having to go through that same crap again, I just can't be bothered. :/ And what if I go on holiday again? I'll just come back to a dead town again... urgh!

Animal Crossing is an amazing game, but it's so annoying when you get scolded because you didn't show up for 2 or 3 days.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

3Dangerous3Dash wrote:

That's why AC is bad on home consoles, because, guess what, it isn't portable. AC3D will be portable, which is better for a Sims-related game.

Your logic has no meaning and is incorrect.

Knux wrote:

Why are people complaining about Animal Crossing 3D not being at E3? The series is overrated and horrible. I'm glad Nintendo finally realized that Nintendo Land can replace Animal Crossing and decided to can the series!

Lol at the 5th comment.

Demonic wrote:

Animal Crossing is an amazing game, but it's so annoying when you get scolded because you didn't show up for 2 or 3 days.

That's the catch of the entire franchise. If you're not used to it by now then I don't think Animal Crossing is the series for you.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

EvilLucario

Honestly, Namco could've announced another Ace Combat or Tales game for the 3DS, and E3 2012 would be awesome. Oh well, I still have a million other games to buy. Seriously, do you guys have a lot of money to spend in this economy? You can't just plop down $200 just to buy five 3DS games. You need to spread them out, which is why I like Nintendo's way of spreading out releases, so my wallet would recover between bouts.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

mamp

Demonic wrote:

Yeah I know that... but it's just having to go through that same crap again, I just can't be bothered. :/ And what if I go on holiday again? I'll just come back to a dead town again... urgh!

Well part of why people said bad things about Wild World was the fact that Animal Crossing works better on portables than it does on home consoles. Also it's not really scolding it's just one line of text that says "hey where you been?"(or something similar) and then they go back to talking to you. Also yes when you aren't around to take care of your town it gets full of weeds but u can just pull them out and the roaches all you have to do is step on them and they're dead XD
But it's not everyone's cup of tea I guess, I personally like paying for my house to upgrade it and buying clothes and furniture and catching all the different varieties of bugs and fish and filling up my museum with them. Oh and trying to get the golden items. The GC one was awesome cuz different regions had their own holidays on Halloween I forgot to stock up on candy and all the neighbors would jinks me when I didn't give it to them and the jinks made my clothes all dirty and ugly looking LOL

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Knux

Lol at the 5th comment.

When I made that comment, I didn't mean the review was bad because it wasn't positive enough. I meant that the review was bad because it wasn't negative enough. The score shouldn't have been a 7...it should have been a 2. Sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Chrono_Cross

Knux wrote:

Lol at the 5th comment.

When I made that comment, I didn't mean the review was bad because it wasn't positive enough. I meant that the review was bad because it wasn't negative enough. The score shouldn't have been a 7...it should have been a 2. Sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough.

Yes but you're forgetting the fact you've claimed (on this site multiple times), that you enjoy Animal Crossing. And before you started going on Chat everyday you used to enjoy Twilight Princess, which somehow, you've managed to grow some hate out of it for no apparent reason. But this topic is not about that game so let's leave it at that and if you want to continue that discussion please, let's do it elsewhere than here.

How someone can like a game at one moment in their life and then automatically turn all odds against it for generic, obvious arrogant reasons just to fit in, is beyond my knowledge.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

People change their minds you know. How do you know he didn't play it again and decided it wasn't as good as he thought it was? I do that quite often, playing games again only to find they weren't what I thought they were. Just seems like you're jumping to conclusions again...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Like I said, I don't understand how that truly works over such a short period of time. And determining if something isn't as good as it once was over a period of time (without something comparable to), doesn't seem legitimate and, in this case, seems like he just wants to fit in.

Of course, my mind has changed over time about a game that I used to think was pretty fun. The only difference is that I have a reason to think differently.

Just for you.

theblackdragon

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The only difference is that I have a reason to think differently.

just out of curiosity, what makes your 'reason to think differently' any more valid than anyone else's?

That said, you may be thinking of someone else who's said they enjoy the AC series here at NL — i've never known weegee to be a fan. he doesn't even have any Animal Crossing games listed in his Backloggery.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

theblackdragon wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The only difference is that I have a reason to think differently.

just out of curiosity, what makes your 'reason to think differently' any more valid than anyone else's?

[/div]

My reason is actually having a reason. Which is comparing a game to a better game that would, believe it or not, change my mind.

For example: I used to think Super Mario 64 was a pretty neat game until I played Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Sunshine. Both of those games made me realize how awful 64 is (even though I never thought too highly of it in the first place). I didn't just decide one day that Super Mario 64 is bad nor did it under peer pressure or any other reason.

Maybe, but I highly doubt he meant that review needed to be re-written because the score was too high. I mean, if he wanted the score to be lower in the first place, wouldn't he have just said it out loud to begin with? It's not hard to type, you know.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

@Chrono - You've never replayed a game and realized the game wasn't as good or bad as you remember? Because I think it would be more logical here to assume that at some point that he went back through Animal Crossing and found that he didn't enjoy it as much as he had thought, assuming he liked it at all in the first place, because at this point, I'm not even sure if he ever liked it in the first place, especially if he is indeed Weegee.

I mean, it happens to me all the time, sometimes only months after I last played it. Once the hype wares off and your emotions change, so to can your experience with a game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

@Chrono: you misunderstood the point of my question — I was attempting to get you to take a step back and realize you're no different than anyone else who's decided to change their mind. contrary to popular belief, you don't have to do an in-depth study with a group of multiple games in the same genre and write a dissertation in order to decide you don't really like a game you played before and said wasn't bad.

that said, you also said it was a bad review. why are you allowed to say it and he isn't? also, i'm having a hard time myself finding any instance on this site where weegee's claimed to love the Animal Crossing series, so if you could produce the comments you're claiming he made in support of the series, that would be fantastic. thanks in advance :3

@Mickeymac: definitely agreed with your last line, there, and 'Knux' is indeed SuperSonic1990 (at one point he was SuperLuigi or something similar, which is why i still call him 'weegee' now, lol). There's another user running around as 'Knuckles' iirc, perhaps that's where this confusion lies with Chrono, idk.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Chrono_Cross

theblackdragon wrote:

@Chrono: you misunderstood the point of my question — I was attempting to get you to take a step back and realize you're no different than anyone else who's decided to change their mind. contrary to popular belief, you don't have to do an in-depth study with a group of multiple games in the same genre and write a dissertation in order to decide you don't really like a game you played before and said wasn't bad.

Now you're just pointing out the obvious. And you're avoiding what I'm trying to say. If you have no reason to dislike a game then how can you claim to dislike it? I've not once witnessed the user Knux claim why he didn't like Animal Crossing. I'm always curious to know why people don't like the games I love and when they continuously say with no reason, then it seems more like trolling than anything. (Which Knux continuously does on this site, mind you.)

that said, you also said it was a bad review. why are you allowed to say it and he isn't? also, i'm having a hard time myself finding any instance on this site where weegee's claimed to love the Animal Crossing series, so if you could produce the comments you're claiming he made in support of the series, that would be fantastic. thanks in advance :3

Anyone's free to express it but when they continue it over and over again with no reason to claim, then it's annoying.

But yeah, maybe it was a different user. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Wait, He's SuperSonic1990?! So that was Knux who join vc-forums that one time? Sorry I gave you a super-hard time man, I mistook you for someone else who spammed me with messeges non-stop about Bomberman for a week until I finally blocked him...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Geonjaha

Some people find it hard to explain why they dont enjoy a game. I tend to generally know what aspects of a game are turning me off it and why I'm not enjoying it - but it isnt always easy to say why you're not finding a certain game enjoyable, and thats understandable. Spamming about your dislike for a game on the other hand is just immature - whether or not the person has valid reasons, so I can see why you were getting annoyed.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Knux

LOL, I NEVER said I liked Animal Crossing. I also don't recall ever enjoying Twilight Princess at any point in time. Let me fill you in on my history with the AC series.

Once upon a time many years ago, a young teenage boy had a DS Phat. He thought for some reason that Animal Crossing: Wild World would be a fun game to play, so he bought it. That boy however was seriously disappointed in said game (and he was a lot less picky about games back then compared to now). He tried his hardest to like the game (again, this boy was able to play through all of Sonic 06 around that time period without rage quitting on it) but he couldn't stand the game due to how boring it was. That boy gave up on Wild World and never played another AC game ever again.

The only way that I'll give the series another chance is if the eventual AC3D demo blows me away.

Also Mickeymac is a hundred percent correct Chrono, gamers' tastes can change regardless if you haven't played the game for years or ever again. I used to hate Zelda and Metroid. Why? Because when I was younger, I hated complicated games that made me think too much. I used to like only simple games (like Mario and Sonic). I also used to hate nearly every kind of RPG. But as I grew older, I began to enjoy those kinds of games. Now I enjoy Zelda, Metroid, and most RPGs more than most Mario games.

When I first played Sonic 06, I actually managed to beat it without pulling my hair out. But when I tried to replay it years later, I couldn't stand it at all. It was like torture. When I first played the GCN version of Twilight Princess, I beat it but didn't enjoy it. It certainly didn't turn me into a Zelda fan. Years later, when I was more of a fan of Zelda and played the Wii version, i couldn't make myself play no more than ten minutes of it.

Many people's opinions on games change like the wind. I remember playing Superman 64 years ago as a kid, and today I wonder how the hell I managed to even play it without destroying the cartridge. It just shows that gamers' tastes can change as they age. Even if you haven't played a game for years, doesn't mean your opinion can change on them.

Also, the entire ''a game is bad because it's sequel is better'' is utter BS. Super Mario Bros. 3 and A Link to the Past are way better games than Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda, but that doesn't make them bad games. In the end, it all boils down to how well a game ages and not based on how much better the sequel is.

You mad, Chrono?

Edited on by Knux

Knux

theblackdragon

^ that should end this portion of the discussion right there. please keep any further accusations of 'trolling' to yourself, Chrono; if you don't like what he has to say, ignore him. thanks in advance!

BEST THREAD EVER

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.