Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 181 to 200 of 446

moomoo

@Retro_on_theGo
Not really. Since it's the same game, I don't see why they should tease their fanbase with a countdown clock. They should just announce it instead of letting us get our hopes up. I get that people know about this new release because of the countdown clock, but we would have known about this anyway if Square Enix just announced the thing.
@zezhyrule
Announcements of this sort infer that something "new" is going to be revealed. Since this is the internet, a port of a game is not going to be considered "new". It's a port, not a new game. It's rational for fans to think that way.
Whether or not you'd prefer a new MGS game in my hypothetical situation is irrelevant. People who are getting hyped over a countdown would be expecting a new MGS game, probably the 5th numbered title. To announce a port of a game that nearly all of the people getting excited for this already have would be like a slap in the face.

Just to further reiterate: I'm not mad that TWEWY is coming to iOS; I'm mad that there was a week long countdown timer for a port. If this was announced instead of hyped, then I'd be happy that new people would be able to play this game.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

theblackdragon

Moral of the Story: moomoo would rather have been disappointed seven days ago instead of waiting until now to be disappointed.

can we move on now? i'm kinda interested in how having two characters on the same screen will work, e.g. do we have to dodge with shiki/beat/joshua too, or just neku? is there any video of this port up yet?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

zezhyrule

I wasn't making an analogue to this situation when I mentioned not wanting a MGS sequel. I just said that because someone mentioned new MGS sequel and I had to respond

@dragon: I posted a video on the previous page, actually

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I agree with moomoo on the evil teaser site thing minus all the fanboy rage though. Was very dissapoint, should nae have gotten my hopes up for a sequel though. ;____;

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

RupeeClock

The backlash on that Youtube trailer was pretty harsh, fans are undoubtedly annoyed about this.

Likes/Dislikes climbed to 280/2,779 before they disabled them.

RupeeClock

moomoo
Well, here's gameplay. Partners are pins now. Yep.
I actually don't know how some of the stuff is going to be handled. Remeber that battle with Sho, where one person had to attack Taboo noise before the other could attack?

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

Justaguest

I sure wish I didint know about this, im so disapointedx(. Time to go on and never come back. Nothing we can do..

Justaguest

scrubbyscum999

Mickeymac wrote:

Because trying to keep track of two completely different things at once was a good idea in the first place? Yeah right. This is what they should've done in the first place.

Ok, I am looking at this quote and can't even fathom someone could say this. I understand everyone has their own opinion but really? That is one of the main things that made this game good. It took a while to get used to it, I had to put auto play for a while. After you can do it all manually though it's literally amazing. Anyone I believe can do it if they take the time to get through the game. This iOS port is dumb for two reasons. First, we were expecting a sequel. Second, the thing only has one dang screen so it messes up one of the best parts of TWEWY. People who really liked TWEWY liked that. I just can't even fathom why SE would do this. It's just seems dumb to hype up a dang port. This is just, UGHHHHHHHH!!

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

moomoo

@Trainer_DJ You forgot to mention that the dual screen mechanics were a major plot point that emphasized the theme of trust.
The reason the partners were separated was because they fought in slightly separate, overlapping dimensions. A player would have to trust that the other player would be okay on his or her end, thus showcasing a theme without saying it, as well as showing character development in Neku in his deeper sense of trust through his partner getting new abilities.

Best thread ever

Terave

On top of that, you can only summon your partner once in a while when using a pin. Seriously? If they were both fighting at the same time without this summoning it would've been a little bit better.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

moomoo

Well, the gameplay in this version of the game looks pretty nerfed.
Just so everyone knows, you can get TWEWY for the same price as the iOS version on the DS at Square Enix's online store.
$20. http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/produ...
So unless if you don't have a DS, or live outside of America, then there doesn't seem to be much of a contest here.

Best thread ever

kkslider5552000

Hey guys, remember how the game had actual creative and interesting use of the DS? We don't need that!

I also question if this game is too unknown to make this worthwhile for SE. Like, TWEWY was never some huge hit that anyone outside of hardcore RPG gamers know even exists. The only people who have been hyped about this game are people who ALREADY OWN IT. No one else cares.

I mean what next, are people gonna try to make Little King's Story a hit on a brand new handheld system-oh wait

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomoo

@kkslider5552000 At least Little King's Story 2 is coming to a system that has a bunch of people that desparately want to play games on it. Also, it's not a port.
This is a port. An inferior one, at that; and Square Enix put a freaking countdown timer to hype fans up.
Seriously, Square Enix is the best troll ever.

Best thread ever

Hokori

Yeah why hype a game for its fans only to be a port of a 5 year old game, at least with FFIII and Crono trigger they were 15+ years so those were actually a big deal for iOS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

@kkslider5552000 At least Little King's Story 2 is coming to a system that has a bunch of people that desparately want to play games on it.

They clearly aren't desperate enough to buy Gravity Rush so I have as much faith in Vita fans as I do Wii fans (ie none).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomoo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

@kkslider5552000 At least Little King's Story 2 is coming to a system that has a bunch of people that desparately want to play games on it.

[/div]

They clearly aren't desperate enough to buy Gravity Rush so I have as much faith in Vita fans as I do Wii fans (ie none).

Yeah, I don't get that either. Why didn't more people with Vita's buy Gravity Rush? Seriously, I'd expect there to be a pretty tight ratio of system to game there, almost as much as Halo: Combat Evolved and the original XBOX.

Best thread ever

theblackdragon

zezhyrule wrote:

@dragon: I posted a video on the previous page, actually

i like how you expect me to pay attention to anything you post :3
well, that and from your comment about it i thought it was gonna be some lame fan-reaction to the announcement that it was iDevice only lol

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Scollurio

So it's really just that port hm?
I never got why there was so much hatred against Square, I rarely paid attention to what they did and I never played any Final Fantasy game safe for Tactics, but this... well I begin to understand now...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.