Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 201 to 220 of 446

Hokori

Square is a great company but I wish they'd stop porting to iOS and make the sequels/remakes of older games

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Banker-Style

And then I was hoping for a sequel.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

theblackdragon

well, perhaps if this port revives attention for the game we'll see a sequel come along eventually. at least this way they'll have figured out how to get it playable on an iDevice as well, so they'll be able to hit a wider range of fans once they get around to it finally :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

moomoo

theblackdragon wrote:

well, perhaps if this port revives attention for the game we'll see a sequel come along eventually. at least this way they'll have figured out how to get it playable on an iDevice as well, so they'll be able to hit a wider range of fans once they get around to it finally :3

I'm afraid that this is how SE will respond
It does well: TWEWY 2 will be on iOS!
It doesn't do well: nobody cared about TWEWY!
Hopefully it doesn't turn out that way.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Hokori

moomoo wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

[/div]

I'm afraid that this is how SE will respond
It does well: TWEWY 2 will be on iOS!
It doesn't do well: nobody cared about TWEWY!
Hopefully it doesn't turn out that way.

Same I own an iPad, but I was trying the games out on it again yesterday to see if I changed with how I feel about the controls, and..... Nope

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Bankai

Lesson from this thread: teaser sites are ok, but only if they're for games that Moomoo (and other certain individuals here) wants to play.

Otherwise they're pointless. After all, how dare Square Enix embark on a marketing campaign for anyone but hardcore TWEWY fans?

Geonjaha

OlympicCho wrote:

Lesson from this thread: teaser sites are ok, but only if they're for games that Moomoo (and other certain individuals here) wants to play.

Otherwise they're pointless. After all, how dare Square Enix embark on a marketing campaign for anyone but hardcore TWEWY fans?

Well they used a teaser site..that would have only been recognised by TWEWY fans. Isn't it insane that the TWEWY fans would feel they are the ones the marketing campaign is being aimed at?

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

theblackdragon

@Geonjaha: how could they not have used imagery and things that would be recognized by TWEWY fans for a TWEWY port, though? that's what's boggling me at the moment. Yes, we all recognized it, but that's because we've played the game. In no way could we be absolutely, positively certain that it was going to be something completely new, because they would've run the same sort of teaser before TWEWY's original release too (if they didn't actually do so... it's been so long and I don't really remember D: ).

I do hope this means we'll get this soundtrack on iTunes, though. mmm, remixes~

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SwitchVogel

I'm just really mad that square got all this hype up for a mere iphone game. Worse yet, when it was leaked that it really was just gonna be an iPhone game, that lead localizer guy implied that there would be more than just that. I will be buying Square's games used from now on, until they do something to atone for this sin.

Evisceratorloggery 4 out of 3 people are bad with fractions.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0075-2784-4710 | Nintendo Network ID: EvisceratorX

Bankai

EvisceratorX wrote:

I'm just really mad that square got all this hype up for a mere iphone game. Worse yet, when it was leaked that it really was just gonna be an iPhone game, that lead localizer guy implied that there would be more than just that. I will be buying Square's games used from now on, until they do something to atone for this sin.

'mere' iPhone game? Pretty sure this is a major game, this TWEWY thing. Seems to be pretty highly rated.

Hokori

The world does seem to be ending with you
It truly isn't a wonderful world
Hopefully more 3DS exclusives are on the way

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

moomoo

@OlympicCho See it from my perspective. Imagine if Square Enix decided to create a teaser site that had something to do with Chocobo Dungeon. When it's detailed on what was being teased, it is revealed to be a remake of the Chocobo Dungeon Wii game, but now it's available for PC.

It's not a bad thing that this is happenning, but it's unfair to the game's desparate, rabid fanbase to put up a teaser site. They'll get excited: it's the very nature that they're of to get excited for something they've been longing for. Their marketing campaign was aimed at TWEWY fans, but the game they're advertising really isn't for them.

I've seen other teasers, and I can't think of one that didn't announce something new. God of War 4, for example. I don't care for God of War, but I could definitely understand why fans of that series would be ticked if a teaser site was put up for the PSP remakes (which didn't happen, but just to put a hypothetical example).

When Square Enix annonced that Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, and Tactics, as well as Chrono Trigger, were coming to iOS, they didn't put up teaser sites. This meant that fans of those games wouldn't have to get their hopes up. There were ways to advertise this game without angering many fans of the game.

@Dark_Oddy_Rises I'd be fine if TWEWY 2 was for any device; heck if it was a Linux exclusive, I'd buy it, because I know with confidence that it is being optimized for the platform. TWEWY was made with the DS in mind, not the iPad, and even though I still think it'll be a somewhat decent game, I just don't get why'd they would mislead their fanbase like this.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

Hey guys they're making Mother 4!

lol jk it's just a Mother 1 port that replaces half of the dialogue with a minigame where you throw a hat! Buy it today!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Syrup

I really don't understand why people are so mad/disappointed. It's not SquareEnix's fault that you feel that way, it's your own fault for jumping the gun and getting your hopes up for something that wasn't even confirmed 100%.
Personally, I don't care either way. The iOS version looks good, and I might end up buying it at some point.

Bankai

@OlympicCho See it from my perspective. Imagine if Square Enix decided to create a teaser site that had something to do with Chocobo Dungeon. When it's detailed on what was being teased, it is revealed to be a remake of the Chocobo Dungeon Wii game, but now it's available for PC.

I would... buy a gaming PC if I wanted to play it, or move on to the few billion games I've yet to play on the consoles I have? I'm pretty sure Chocobo Dungeon is not the last game I'll play that I love.

I don't get the point of getting upset that a game company is making a game that is not on a platform I own. In fact, it's quite possibly the most petty first world problem I've ever encountered.

It's not a bad thing that this is happenning, but it's unfair to the game's desparate, rabid fanbase to put up a teaser site.

No. It is not unfair. It would be unfair if Square Enix put up a teaser that said, "TWEWY 2, coming to DS," and then changed it to "Nah, iPhone actually, lols."

People are acting like Square Enix somehow owes them something here, and that's just silly. Especially when, despite the small rabid fanbase, TWEWY didn't exactly light up the sales charts. What's unfair then is for the fans to expect Square Enix to commit commercial suicide for their benefit.

Think about it this way if it helps you sleep at night: The only chance there is for you to ever get a sequel to TWEWY is for Square Enix to turn it into a viable franchise. The only way for that to happen is for it to be released on the iPhone/ iPad, where the audience numbers are large enough that it might actually sell this time around.

I just don't get why'd they would mislead their fanbase like this.

They didn't mislead the fanbase. You made an assumption - the fault lies entirely with you that you were "misled"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.