Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 161 to 180 of 446

moomoo

mumof2kids82 wrote:

did anyone not notice that there was a thing for the DS on there too

That's the original game dude. It was called "It's a wonderful world" in Japanese. It didn't have that name in the west for obvious copyright reasons.

Oh, and I'm sending a storm towards Square Enix's PR, minus harsh language and the like that would make it a storm. I'm sorry, but making a teaser site for this is ludicrous. I'm fine with this being on iOS, but there shouldn't have been a teaser for it.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

retired_account

I'm kinda interested in the game now. I never felt like buying it for DS, but now... hm. It'll probably be like $24.99 though, lol.

retired_account

theblackdragon

@moomoo: why shouldn't there have been a teaser for it? I greatly feel they should've been up-front regarding which platform this was gonna be on (so fans hoping for a 3DS sequel wouldn't have gotten their hopes up so hard), but they've gotta do their best to sell it. they can't be faulted for that.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

moomoo wrote:

mumof2kids82 wrote:

did anyone not notice that there was a thing for the DS on there too

That's the original game dude. It was called "It's a wonderful world" in Japanese. It didn't have that name in the west for obvious copyright reasons.

Oh, and I'm sending a storm towards Square Enix's PR, minus harsh language and the like that would make it a storm. I'm sorry, but making a teaser site for this is ludicrous. I'm fine with this being on iOS, but there shouldn't have been a teaser for it.

sorry that i don't read japanese....and plus i didn't know that it had a different name in Japan

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

moomoo

theblackdragon wrote:

@moomoo: why shouldn't there have been a teaser for it? I greatly feel they should've been up-front regarding which platform this was gonna be on (so fans hoping for a 3DS sequel wouldn't have gotten their hopes up so hard), but they've gotta do their best to sell it. they can't be faulted for that.

[/div]

They could have just announced it. Instead, they pull up a 7 day teaser site for a port of a game that takes away a part of the game that fans really enjoyed (two characters at the same time with different screens).
I'm completely fine with the game being ported, but it's unfair to the game's dedicated fanbase to put up a teaser site that only they would get extremely excited for, only for the game in question to be a remake of the game they've played to death already.
They don't need to put up a teaser site to sell the game. Most people won't have followed the countdown. The game will sell itself.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

$19.99, actually. It says it on the page. I'd wait and see if it goes on sale this fall if I were you.

Oh okay. Yeah, Chaos Rings II was on sale for something close to half off recently, so I'll definitely wait.

retired_account

theblackdragon

@moomoo: if they're gonna do something like this, it makes sense for them to do it right and treat it like any other major console release. You can't say that 'only' current TWEWY fans were excited over the teaser site — sure, we were probably the most vocal, but even people who have no idea what's going on will get hyped up over a teaser site. what makes this different from any other teaser site out there?

Squeenix owed it to their iDevice-owning fanbase to treat this as a proper major-console release, and that's fine. The only thing wrong with what they did was not informing people up-front which device(s) it would be coming for so that 3DS/Vita owners wouldn't get stoked over something not for their platform of choice.

also, if you look at the 'what's new' thing, they didn't take away the dual-partner combat. they worked it out so that it's all happening on the same screen.

... dangit, i'm pretty disappointed over this. I was looking forward to potentially having a reason to own a Vita.

BEST THREAD EVER

Terave

Both of them fighting on 1 screen just isn't the same. The DS had a special feel to it, and this just doesn't.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

CanisWolfred

Because trying to keep track of two completely different things at once was a good idea in the first place? Yeah right. This is what they should've done in the first place.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

theblackdragon wrote:

@moomoo: if they're gonna do something like this, it makes sense for them to do it right and treat it like any other major console release. You can't say that 'only' current TWEWY fans were excited over the teaser site — sure, we were probably the most vocal, but even people who have no idea what's going on will get hyped up over a teaser site. what makes this different from any other teaser site out there?

Squeenix owed it to their iDevice-owning fanbase to treat this as a proper major-console release, and that's fine. The only thing wrong with what they did was not informing people up-front which device(s) it would be coming for so that 3DS/Vita owners wouldn't get stoked over something not for their platform of choice.

also, if you look at the 'what's new' thing, they didn't take away the dual-partner combat. they worked it out so that it's all happening on the same screen.

... dangit, i'm pretty disappointed over this. I was looking forward to potentially having a reason to own a Vita.

Let me put it this way: imagine if Konami decided to put up a teaser site for something that was going to be a new Metal Gear Solid game. When the game comes to be announced, it is revealed to be an enhanced port of Metal Gear Solid 1. This isn't a bad announcement, per se, but what was the point of putting up a teaser site for it, especially since it has been a while since the last original game? It's the same reasoning here.
Putting up a teaser for this has only added resentment to something that should be celebrated, which is why Square Enix shouldn't have put up a teaser site.

Best thread ever

theblackdragon

@moomoo: Not really...? Again, I don't see the problem for a teaser site for a port so long as they're up-front about which console(s) the game is going to be on. I'm sorry it's made you so bitter, but to me, them putting up a teaser makes perfect sense, iDevice or no — they've gotta do all the advertising they can, after all. May as well start from the beginning :3

BEST THREAD EVER

zezhyrule

moomoo wrote:

Let me put it this way: imagine if Konami decided to put up a teaser site for something that was going to be a new Metal Gear Solid game.

Except that no one ever said that this was going to be a new TWEWY game and not an iOS port. Except lots of people who like to get their hopes up.

Also I'd much rather have a good MGS1 remake than a new MGS game, thanks~
neither would be preferable though

be nice, please — TBD

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

moomoo

@theblackdragon There's so many ways SE could have advertised this port without angering their fanbase. They could have announced it a week before it released, and each day they could have showcased a new or different feature that this adds to the original game. They could have, like you said, say what this was going to be for so fans won't give their hopes up.
But no, instead they pull off this stunt and piss off a big portion of the game's original fanbase.

And lets be honest, that price tag is huge at $18+ Advertising of this regard won't help sales. Awareness, maybe, but not sales. The teaser site would only have been recognized by people who knew what TWEWY was, and people who may have been potential customers are now going to not get the game because SE did this.

Best thread ever

Retro_on_theGo

moomoo wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

[/div]

Let me put it this way: imagine if Konami decided to put up a teaser site for something that was going to be a new Metal Gear Solid game. When the game comes to be announced, it is revealed to be an enhanced port of Metal Gear Solid 1. This isn't a bad announcement, per se, but what was the point of putting up a teaser site for it, especially since it has been a while since the last original game? It's the same reasoning here.

You answered your own question.

theblackdragon

@moomoo: then don't get the game. i'd imagine it'll sell pretty well to people who either never owned a DS, people who loved the original and would like to have it on their iDevice(s) too, or people who can't locate a copy of the original game for DS due to it being rare/out of print (is it still in print? i have no idea haha).
and don't forget Waltzy, he's probably set to buy like twelve copies now that it's coming to the App Store :3

BEST THREAD EVER

zezhyrule

moomoo wrote:

people who may have been potential customers are now going to not get the game because SE did this.

So you were planning on rebuying this game for your iPad, but because you were angered (since you had hype for a nonexistent game that people assumed was coming) by this, now you're not?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.