Forums

Topic: New System Update Available 7/24

Posts 1 to 20 of 25

grumblegrumble

Just got the message that there is a new system update available (in the U.S. anyways.) Downloading it now. Any info on what this contains?

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

BenAV

I updated just before, no idea what it did.
Probably boring background stuff.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

BenAV wrote:

I updated just before, no idea what it did.
Probably boring background stuff.

...Again. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Hokori

Probably nothing... Or maybe something to do with retail DLs, I wish we would get new find mii III

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

PuzzleMaster7

Thanks for the news. I haven't recieved a notification about it yet, but I updated it anyways.

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

grumblegrumble

I got the notification when I tried to enter the e-shop. Try that, then the message might pop up. As always, I am clueless to what the update contains because they never give us download specifics on what the updates contain. If anyone knows, let us know! I haven't noticed anything different after the update.

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

iphys

I think it's something to do with the eShop. It gives you a notification in the eShop about Mario game sales for the next month.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

RedYoshi999

iphys wrote:

I think it's something to do with the eShop. It gives you a notification in the eShop about Mario game sales for the next month.

That wouldn't require an update, and the sales are only available to America. I actually got a blue light on my 3DS as soon as I got home and when I opened it a message appeared telling me to do a system update. It looks like it's just more background stuff that doesn't help us, just like the last update.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

BenAV

Mario_Party_Fan_999 wrote:

I actually got a blue light on my 3DS as soon as I got home and when I opened it a message appeared telling me to do a system update.

Exactly the same with me.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

RupeeClock

I think this is probably just another minor update that's designed just to block unauthorised devices.
Although they do have minor improvements other than the usual "Improvements to background performance", last time they just made it possible to have more security when saving credit card info for use on the eShop.
I can remember my CC info anyway.

RupeeClock

Chris720

Just background fixes and eShop improvements, so nothing major. Hopefully Nintendo releases something huge like the one in December. On the bright side though, at least there giving the 3DS updates every now and then, the Wii hardly got any updates.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RedYoshi999

Yeah small eShop changes usually happen. I like the ability to save CC info. There was also game recommendations on game purchases in the last one.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Tsuchinoko

From what I've seen, this update included the e-shop recommendations function, at least here in Japan. There's a new icon in the e-shop menu.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

lord_hades

Tsuchinoko wrote:

From what I've seen, this update included the e-shop recommendations function, at least here in Japan. There's a new icon in the e-shop menu.

can u show us a picture of the new icon

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

Tsuchinoko

@jtt235 A picture? Umm, I guess I can, It'd have to be in the morning though (here). I don't have wireless in my apt, I steal it from the hospital down the street, haha. Usually I have to stand outside and connect to use the e-shop. Its dark outside right now though.

Like it was said before, its a small update. I'll try and see if I can find a picture already on the net. The icon looks like a butler or waiter, I didn't get a good look while I was downloading a game earlier today.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SilentHunter382

I got no blue light update yesterday or today so I just went and updated the system. Thanks for the heads up

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

One thing I noticed is that I didn't have to be connected to the Internet to update. It's like SpotPass had done it by itself, with your consent of course.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RupeeClock

PrimedMetroid wrote:

One thing I noticed is that I didn't have to be connected to the Internet to update. It's like SpotPass had done it by itself, with your consent of course.

Spotpass works when you're connected to a Wifi Spot which means being connected to the internet.

If the 3DS has wireless enabled, and is configured to have access to a Wifi Spot, and you're in that Wifi Spot, SpotPass will function and it's connected to the internet.

RupeeClock

Scary_Old_Lady

When looking at reviews of titles you can scroll to a list of reccomendations for people that downloaded that title.
I'm not sure if it came with the other reccomend update, but oh well.

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.